K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted May 10, 2010
Naylor Road is great! It truly is the best school in the area for the money. I have a daughter who has attended Naylor Road for the past 2 years and now attending the 2009-2010 school year in first grade and her comprehension level, math skills and dynamic reading ability far exceeds that of a student of the same grade level attending a public school. It's well worth my money spent and I will continue her education there. The Principal, Mrs. Ruggles is supportive and attentive to the needs of the students, teachers and parents. Mrs. Jefferson and Mrs. Jones are outstanding educators at the school, which I've been fortunate enough to have my daughter attend their class.

Posted April 28, 2010
Naylor Road is an outstanding school. My son is currently in the first grade, and has a collegiate spelling vocabulary. Most of the students in his class are reading at a second/third grade level. In addition, his first grade class is taught 2nd grade math. I'm extremely pleased with the school's educational curriculum, and highly recommend Naylor Road to parents who are seeking a great school that will promote academic achievement.

Posted September 17, 2009
The classes are no larger than 15 kids and my daughter has learned so much in the 8 yrs. she's attended.

Posted August 24, 2009
Naylor Road has been played an important roll in how my child has developed into the student that he is today. I certainly appreciate the past 5 years that my child has had at Naylor Road but going into the 6th grade, I could not send my child back to Naylor Road. I know all children deserve an education better than DCPS can provide but when it s obvious that they are accepting children with behavioral problems and there are no consequences, that s when I have a problem. Naylor Road needs to be more selective when accepting students instead of focusing on the money that they are receiving from the voucher program and work on making the school more modern

Posted August 11, 2009
Every school has fundraisers. Every school has teachers who leave before completing the schoolyear. Naylor Road is a great school who worries about the students and wants to make sure each child gets the best education they can. The tuition is kept low so that working moms and dads can afford a private education or their child I personally resent comments that the school is only out for the money it makes off the parents. Check with other schools and who will see the tuition is much lower and a better education is given.

Posted June 15, 2009
Our child attended this school for the past 4 years (K-3rd). Some of the teachers are excellent. We were fortunate to have the better teachers. We noticed a lot of teacher turnover in other classes. Parents were not happy about this (rightfully so). Foreign language and Physical education are weak (PE improved this year). We thought the material could be a little more challenging. The rooms could be remodeled to allow for better use of space. Communication from the office is inconsistent. The Spanish teacher was let go and parents were not informed. Traffic around the school is a concern (double parking, speeding); not sure what the school could do about that. Cost is reasonable. Fund raisers are annoying. Aftercare is okay. I would recommend Naylor for 3rd grade and under. Older kids need more room and challenges than what I see being offered.

Posted June 13, 2009
My daughter just completed her first year at Naylor Road School. This is the third school she's attended since the age of 3 and I AM VERY PLEASED. So pleased that I've recommended Naylor Road School to everyone I've come into contact with. I've never seen teachers who really love and dedicate themselves to their profession as I've seen at Naylor Road. In the beginning, my daughter did struggle (she was use to taking naps, doing little to no classwork, etc.), however her teacher Mrs. Harper stuck it out with her and showed much patience (more than I could have given). There were times that I was ready to throw in the towel, but her teacher worked with her and even offered helpful suggestions to me. I would definitely recommend Naylor Road School to anyone looking to provide the best education for their child(ren).

Posted October 08, 2008
the best school i ever went to two thumbs up....

Naylor Road School 3

Posted August 18, 2008
This is sooooo true. It seems that since the voucher program was entered, along came a lot of discipline problems from DC public school

Naylor Road School 4

Posted August 18, 2008
My daughter has attend Naylor Road School for the past two years. I like the small class size and open communication with the teacher and staff members. The curriculm is excellent, my daughter has excelled in reading, writing and math. The classrooms are small but I'd rather have a small learning environment than a big disruptive space. Overall the educational experience is good.

Find the great schools in Washington DC