Posted April 25, 2014
My daughter is finishing second grade, and she has attended Ross since Pre-K. I have been very happy for the most part and so has she. It is a small and welcoming community. Principal Searl is a strong leader who has pulled off some great feats of scrappy entrepreneurialism. The parental engagement is of off-the-charts and makes a big difference. My primary complaint about Ross is its lack of modern languages. I hope that can be addressed someday. Otherwise, my daughter and I consider ourselves lucky to have found Ross.

Posted October 24, 2013
Ross is a high performing warm, welcoming school that is giving our child the gift of a great academic experience coupled with strong social and ethical values through both instruction and example. Bravo, Ross!

Posted September 27, 2013
I love the diversity at Ross and the fact that classes engage their students in many different ways including technology and the arts (Fillmore)! Teachers are very interactive with parents and provide a very supportive learning environment.

Posted September 23, 2013
I am going on my 5th year as a Ross parent and really love the school and community. It is a very small and friendly community where all the kids know each other, despite the grade, as do most of the parents. Parents are very involved -- I think you have to be in such a small school, as there just aren't the economies of scale you find in larger schools. It is very diverse socio-economically and racially, and we have lots of families from other countries. The principal is fantastic -- creative, committed, and energetic -- and our staff is overall excellent. We have seen steady improvement in test scores since our family has been there -- it honestly just gets better each year.

Posted September 23, 2013
Ross Elementary School in Washington DC is a wonderful school. As a parent of a current, attending student, I am pleased that my daughter is able to attend a school with a great teaching staff and a dedicated principal who takes her responsibilities as a leader seriously. I believe that the programs offered at Ross Elementary - aligned with the Common Core Standards - will help my daughter and fellow students - master the basic skills that are so important to middle, high school and even college success. I highly recommend parents and guardians consider this school as an educational option for their children. It is great to be part of a school where community support and parental involvement is a key component to the success of the school. Because of this, I do believe that event after my daughter graduates, my family and I will maintain a positive relationship with the Ross Elementary community.

Posted September 23, 2013
I have two kids who attend Ross Elementary School in Dupont Circle. Our school rocks!! Thanks to our outstanding principal and teaching staff, we just achieved REWARD status. Our test scores went through the roof! I feel so fortunate to be at this small school where the teachers are smart, dedicated and focused on our children's academic growth.

Posted September 22, 2013
Ross Elementary School is an excellent school. The Principal, the teachers and the staff are wonderful. My daughter just started and is having a very good experience. Her teacher is always available and sends regular newsletter and reports on the class. There is a wide-range of extra-curricular activities and field trips. We are very happy with this school and glad to join the Ross community.

Posted September 22, 2013
Our children have been at Ross since PK and we cannot praise it enough. There is a very close community of parents, children and teachers and we have found them to be extremely supportive every step of the way. It is a friendly, challenging, inspiring environment for children.

Posted September 19, 2013
Ross provideds quality education and is a PTA driven school. The Principal works well with the PTA and teachers to ensure the needs of the children and parents are met.

Posted September 19, 2013
I have been a parent at Ross for about 3 years now. I was raised in DC Public schools and knew what to expect of them. However, Ross is not your typical DC school. There is so much parent involvement. The Ross community is so tight nit and very welcoming. Both my daughters attend this school and love it! The staff and faculty are very helpful and both of my daughters have shown significant academic growth throughout the year. I am very satisfied with both my daughters academic growth throughout the years at Ross. Every year the school get better and better. I am definitely a proud Ross parent!

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Ross Elementary School
1730 R Street Northwest, Washington, DC  20009
Last modified Ross Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ross Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews.