Bad
Good

My daughter has been a student at Ross since Pre-K4 - before there was a Pre-K3. It is a great learning environment where children feel safe. The learning environment is fun and allows for creativity. I look forward to the rest of this year - continuing to work with a great principal and a very dedicated staff. I will miss this school once my daughter moves on to middle school.

It's my daughter's second year at Ross and she is growing so much. The environement and staff are excellent. We are truly happy that she is a Ross student and that we are also part of the Ross family.

Ross is warm, supportive, and academically challenging. We could not ask for a better place for our daughter. We feel like we're getting a small private school experience. We also volunteer a lot, but so do most other families.

My daughter is finishing second grade, and she has attended Ross since Pre-K. I have been very happy for the most part and so has she. It is a small and welcoming community. Principal Searl is a strong leader who has pulled off some great feats of scrappy entrepreneurialism. The parental engagement is of off-the-charts and makes a big difference. My primary complaint about Ross is its lack of modern languages. I hope that can be addressed someday. Otherwise, my daughter and I consider ourselves lucky to have found Ross.

Ross is a high performing warm, welcoming school that is giving our child the gift of a great academic experience coupled with strong social and ethical values through both instruction and example. Bravo, Ross!

I love the diversity at Ross and the fact that classes engage their students in many different ways including technology and the arts (Fillmore)! Teachers are very interactive with parents and provide a very supportive learning environment.

I am going on my 5th year as a Ross parent and really love the school and community. It is a very small and friendly community where all the kids know each other, despite the grade, as do most of the parents. Parents are very involved -- I think you have to be in such a small school, as there just aren't the economies of scale you find in larger schools. It is very diverse socio-economically and racially, and we have lots of families from other countries. The principal is fantastic -- creative, committed, and energetic -- and our staff is overall excellent. We have seen steady improvement in test scores since our family has been there -- it honestly just gets better each year.

I have two kids who attend Ross Elementary School in Dupont Circle. Our school rocks!! Thanks to our outstanding principal and teaching staff, we just achieved REWARD status. Our test scores went through the roof! I feel so fortunate to be at this small school where the teachers are smart, dedicated and focused on our children's academic growth.

Our children have been at Ross since PK and we cannot praise it enough. There is a very close community of parents, children and teachers and we have found them to be extremely supportive every step of the way. It is a friendly, challenging, inspiring environment for children.

Ross provideds quality education and is a PTA driven school. The Principal works well with the PTA and teachers to ensure the needs of the children and parents are met.

Last modified Ross Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.