Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 23, 2015
I want to thank the principal and all the staff at Ross for their wonderful work and dedicating to developing the students into intelligent and respectful human beings.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted November 23, 2015
There is friendly competition between the students which prepared them for the future - when they enter the workforce.

Posted November 23, 2015
My daughter has been a student at Ross since Pre-K4 - before there was a Pre-K3. It is a great learning environment where children feel safe. The learning environment is fun and allows for creativity. I look forward to the rest of this year - continuing to work with a great principal and a very dedicated staff. I will miss this school once my daughter moves on to middle school.

Posted October 23, 2014
It's my daughter's second year at Ross and she is growing so much. The environement and staff are excellent. We are truly happy that she is a Ross student and that we are also part of the Ross family.

Posted October 22, 2014
Ross is warm, supportive, and academically challenging. We could not ask for a better place for our daughter. We feel like we're getting a small private school experience. We also volunteer a lot, but so do most other families.

Posted April 25, 2014
My daughter is finishing second grade, and she has attended Ross since Pre-K. I have been very happy for the most part and so has she. It is a small and welcoming community. Principal Searl is a strong leader who has pulled off some great feats of scrappy entrepreneurialism. The parental engagement is of off-the-charts and makes a big difference. My primary complaint about Ross is its lack of modern languages. I hope that can be addressed someday. Otherwise, my daughter and I consider ourselves lucky to have found Ross.

Posted October 24, 2013
Ross is a high performing warm, welcoming school that is giving our child the gift of a great academic experience coupled with strong social and ethical values through both instruction and example. Bravo, Ross!

Posted September 27, 2013
I love the diversity at Ross and the fact that classes engage their students in many different ways including technology and the arts (Fillmore)! Teachers are very interactive with parents and provide a very supportive learning environment.

Posted September 23, 2013
I am going on my 5th year as a Ross parent and really love the school and community. It is a very small and friendly community where all the kids know each other, despite the grade, as do most of the parents. Parents are very involved -- I think you have to be in such a small school, as there just aren't the economies of scale you find in larger schools. It is very diverse socio-economically and racially, and we have lots of families from other countries. The principal is fantastic -- creative, committed, and energetic -- and our staff is overall excellent. We have seen steady improvement in test scores since our family has been there -- it honestly just gets better each year.

Posted September 23, 2013
I have two kids who attend Ross Elementary School in Dupont Circle. Our school rocks!! Thanks to our outstanding principal and teaching staff, we just achieved REWARD status. Our test scores went through the roof! I feel so fortunate to be at this small school where the teachers are smart, dedicated and focused on our children's academic growth.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

1730 R Street Northwest, Washington, DC  20009
Last modified Ross Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.