Posted April 30, 2014
I teach at the Capitol Hill Campus and this is definitely a school that I would send my own child to for high school. The staff is caring and dedicated to ensuring that every child maximizes his or her potential and achieves success at every level. Chavez not only has a strong academic focus, but it also promotes advocacy through the lens of public policy. Our scholars complete Community Action Projects at the end of their freshmen and sophomore years where they focus on a specific public policy issue and come up with solutions to the issue and go out in to the community to raise awareness. If you are looking for a quality learning environment for your child, Chavez is the place to send them!

Posted April 29, 2014
Cesar Chavez Public Charter school has been there for me and I believe that if it weren't for them and their effort they put on us to strive I would've never been at the spot I would be right now! I like the way that every staff member and teachers have the time to help each and every one of us accomplish graduating and getting accepted to universities. I feel as though that Cesar Chavez Public Charter schools has everything they need to take every student forward in accomplishing what they want to do in the future later on. Therefore, I believe as though the school is a great school for anybody who is looking forward in trying to get what they want!

Posted April 23, 2014
My school is inspiring scholars to succeed. In addition to taking their general curriculum, scholars prepare for and complete an internship experience, enroll in classes on local and global policy, and a research and write a senior Thesis paper that is a 20-page solutions-oriented paper on a policy of their choice. I love teaching here - I have incredible coworkers who are incredible teachers to their students - and am continuously inspired to be a better educator by my students, fellow teachers, and administration. I feel passionate about our mission and continue to see it lived out each and every day.

Posted October 18, 2013
This school is a great college prep. School. The teachers are great to work with and make time for the students.

Cesar Chavez PCS - Capitol Hill 0

Posted January 26, 2010
I am impressed with this school. My daughter is new to the school and the country and the Vice Principal, Miss Keaton and her staff have made the transition reaaly smooth. She is excelling as the teachers make an extra effort to ensure that she along with other students leave the building each day with new knowledge. Discipline is good and there is obvious care and concern for each student. I just love this school.

Cesar Chavez PCS - Capitol Hill 2

Posted March 09, 2009

Posted August 31, 2008

Posted August 21, 2007
I consider Cesar Chavez one of the best schools in Washington DC. For me, what makes the school special is the public policy program that allows students to learn about issues of public concern and come up with solutions to them. This is important for me as student because I feel that it gives me thinking and leadership skills. At the same time we help our community. I think Chavez is a very good school and should make the school admissions stricter in order to have a better environment where all students give their best.

Posted August 20, 2006

Posted June 02, 2006
- a administrator
great teaching, needs more arts options and sports. more parents should get involved. excellent public policy program and internships.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Cesar Chavez PCS - Capitol Hill
709 12th Street, SE, Washington, DC  20003
Last modified Cesar Chavez PCS - Capitol Hill is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cesar Chavez PCS - Capitol Hill Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.