Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying is why i gave yhis school 2 stars

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My son has developed anger from being picked on so much and listening to his teacher yell all day

My son started at this school in pre k. It was amazing. As he grew and learned, i was fascinated. Then, this year in first grade he is treated like a soldier in a war, instead of a 7 year old boy. The school has signs about no bullying, yet my son comes home discouraged and sad that his peers continue to pick on him and his teacher ignores him when she is told. I've had multiple meetings regarding the teachers' behavior towards my son as well as what is being done about the bullying. I have been told that he needs to toughen up and he will have to strike back. The teacher yells and threatens the children, he has seen children get popped by his teacher and more. I am trying to put him in another school. Thet sat they care about your child, but instead of working with their teachers and faculty on how to appropriately deal with matters , they turn it around on your kid. My son is on the honor roll almost every month, despite him feeling unsafe and insignificant in the classroom. Yet, the school thought it best he see a counselor because of his teachers' attitude toward her children and lack of responsibility. His class as a whole has been told not to "tattle tell", yet there are signs everywhere in the school saying "bully free zone". What is a 7 year old going to do when he has had enough, when he has tried to be the good boy and now feels like he needs to fight other children because none of the faculty will step up and discourage the other children from bullying and put the teacher in some training courses. These are still just kids. And they need carr and attention in order to have a successful day at school. Since starting first grade my son hasn't been happy about school. He is always unsure of what to expect from his teacher as far as her anger problems and he cries often because when he tries to get children to leave him alone, the teacher ignores him. I am so done

My daughter is having a great experience in PK4. She came home the first week of school able to write her name and a few months later she's able to read and write all kinds of basic words (stop, open, cat). Her teachers are very committed, they have frequent opportunities for parents to learn about the kids' progress, and everyone who works there seems friendly and caring. I don't love that the breakfast foods they provide the kids are kind of junky (trix cereal, streudel) but it's a schoolwide free breakfast, so I can't really complain. My big hesitation in sending our daughter to Friendship was the lack of diversity indicated on the Greatschools pie chart. Turns out that she may actually be the only non-African American kid in the school. This is a little weird since the surrounding neighborhood is pretty diverse. It's not an issue in the end- the school is diverse in other ways and we've lived overseas so she's accustomed to standing out a little, but there's been no indication that she feels different from the other kids. I'm glad I didn't let the pie chart dissuade me or she would have missed out on what's really been a great school experience!

All I will say that if you want your child to have the BEST education in the District of Columbia, you bring them to Friendship Public Charter School! They have chromebooks in every classroom! No other charter school in Washington, DC has CHROMEBOOKS! My child came home showing me how to access my OWN chromebook! WOW! That is very impressive and an amazing step above any other Charter School in the district! I love it!

My son attended from Pre-K until 5th grade. It started out as a great decision but it changed each year. They rarely gave out homework, projects were given a few days before being due. Parents had to provide the school with almost everything. They were always asking for money for one thing or another. In the years my son attended I have provided more copy paper than an entire staples store along with kleenex, red pens and any other office supplies you can name. Every teacher that my son had that was a great teacher either left or got fires for standing their ground. We got a new principal every year who didn't know anything about running a school. The office staff never knew anything and were so unprofessional!!! I am so glad that my son never has to return to that school again in life. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!!!

I am a parent that has 3 children attending Chamberlain. I am very impressed with the teachers of this school. They take the time out and go the extra mile when they see a student needs the additional assistance and never complain. Students that are further advanced in the class they continue to push them, give them extra work and don't hold them back. They are able to multi task by working with each student on the level in which are one and encourage the students to do their best. GO CHAMBERLAIN!!

This school is the best I was a student here since 4th grade and now i graduate out thr 8th grade. The teachers here taught me well the things that i couldnt understand. Also i was on the cheerleading squade, so yea Chamberlain is the best.

This school have very very unprofessional females in the main office some teachers are rude disrespectful my neice attend this school and she will not return next year

In 2009-2010, Friendship hired a new administrative team. Since August of 2009, the school has been truly outstanding. I have 4 children in grades k, 3, 6, and 8. The school truly challenges my students academically and offers a wide variety of extra-curricular activities. School enrollment has increased by 15% over the last year. I would recommend Friendship PCS- Chamberlain Campus to any parent who wants an outstanding education for their child.

Last modified Friendship Chamberlain Elementary & Middle PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8