Posted October 29, 2014
My daughter is having a great experience in PK4. She came home the first week of school able to write her name and a few months later she's able to read and write all kinds of basic words (stop, open, cat). Her teachers are very committed, they have frequent opportunities for parents to learn about the kids' progress, and everyone who works there seems friendly and caring. I don't love that the breakfast foods they provide the kids are kind of junky (trix cereal, streudel) but it's a schoolwide free breakfast, so I can't really complain. My big hesitation in sending our daughter to Friendship was the lack of diversity indicated on the Greatschools pie chart. Turns out that she may actually be the only non-African American kid in the school. This is a little weird since the surrounding neighborhood is pretty diverse. It's not an issue in the end- the school is diverse in other ways and we've lived overseas so she's accustomed to standing out a little, but there's been no indication that she feels different from the other kids. I'm glad I didn't let the pie chart dissuade me or she would have missed out on what's really been a great school experience!

Posted October 04, 2013
All I will say that if you want your child to have the BEST education in the District of Columbia, you bring them to Friendship Public Charter School! They have chromebooks in every classroom! No other charter school in Washington, DC has CHROMEBOOKS! My child came home showing me how to access my OWN chromebook! WOW! That is very impressive and an amazing step above any other Charter School in the district! I love it!

Posted August 02, 2013
My son attended from Pre-K until 5th grade. It started out as a great decision but it changed each year. They rarely gave out homework, projects were given a few days before being due. Parents had to provide the school with almost everything. They were always asking for money for one thing or another. In the years my son attended I have provided more copy paper than an entire staples store along with kleenex, red pens and any other office supplies you can name. Every teacher that my son had that was a great teacher either left or got fires for standing their ground. We got a new principal every year who didn't know anything about running a school. The office staff never knew anything and were so unprofessional!!! I am so glad that my son never has to return to that school again in life. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!!!!

Posted August 01, 2013
I am a parent that has 3 children attending Chamberlain. I am very impressed with the teachers of this school. They take the time out and go the extra mile when they see a student needs the additional assistance and never complain. Students that are further advanced in the class they continue to push them, give them extra work and don't hold them back. They are able to multi task by working with each student on the level in which are one and encourage the students to do their best. GO CHAMBERLAIN!!

Posted July 08, 2012
This school is the best I was a student here since 4th grade and now i graduate out thr 8th grade. The teachers here taught me well the things that i couldnt understand. Also i was on the cheerleading squade, so yea Chamberlain is the best.

Posted February 14, 2012
This school have very very unprofessional females in the main office some teachers are rude disrespectful my neice attend this school and she will not return next year

Posted September 22, 2010
In 2009-2010, Friendship hired a new administrative team. Since August of 2009, the school has been truly outstanding. I have 4 children in grades k, 3, 6, and 8. The school truly challenges my students academically and offers a wide variety of extra-curricular activities. School enrollment has increased by 15% over the last year. I would recommend Friendship PCS- Chamberlain Campus to any parent who wants an outstanding education for their child.

Posted September 24, 2008
This a great school my kid got in a good college because of mr.brooks program and he is very disipined

Posted July 23, 2008
The school is a war zone. There are frequent fights, and the overall school enviroment is unsafe. I feared for my child's safety. The behavior of the studnets and lack of discipline are not conducive for a learning enviroment.

Friendship Chamberlain Elementary & Middle PCS 0

Posted March 27, 2008
The level of discipline at the Chamberlain Campus has declined drastically. Some of the newer teachers walk around like zombies totally oblivious of their surroundings and the unruly behaviour of the children. While other teachers, who are trying very hard to instill standards of behavior while try to educate their students, are becoming very discouraged and depressed by the lack of support in those efforts. Some of the administrative staff are very uncooperative and rude.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Friendship Chamberlain Elementary & Middle PCS
1345 Potomac Avenue Southeast, Washington, DC  20003
Last modified Friendship Chamberlain Elementary & Middle PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Friendship Chamberlain Elementary & Middle PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top