Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This was the worst experience ever! My son lasted at Perry Prep 6 months before I transferred him to another school -out of state. He was just in 5k but the entire set up of the school was chaotic. It was like a zoo in the mornings. They mixed the little kids with the big kids in the cafeteria in the morning. Also, The little kids were sent outside the hallway to the bathrooms that were shared with the older kids. My son told me of awful stories of what occurred in those bathrooms. The teachers were awful and uncaring. Because DC is on a lottery system and there were no openings available until the next school term, Which was months away,, this school is one of the main reason I moved to a new state! I feared for my son's safety and well being every time I left him at this school to go to work. Thank God we are No longer there.

This a loving community school. They are not perfect, but they are definitely not the worst place your child can get an education. The teachers and administrative staff are committed to the scholastic greatness of the children in their care. They have many programs that reach out to not just their scholars but also to their families and the families in the community.

I have been a Perry Street Prep parent since the school was Hyde I have to say since becoming Perry Street Prep I feel as if the school is declining over the last few years I have seen Perry Street Prep replace many staff and teachers who took a genuine concern for the students, with very young and seemingly inexperienced teachers, students test scores have declined and because of low test scores the high school is now closing its doors. This year alone Perry Street Prep has replaced over 50% of its staff which is disconcerting to students and parents. Now a tier 3 school I wonder if Perry Street Prep is actually the college prep school it claims to be. As a parent I loved the fact that all my children could attend school together no matter what grades they were in. Now I feel as if I need to seek out another alternative.

I am a student at Perry St Prep and was also here when it was Hyde. When the school was Hyde it was ran smoothly, the students were like family and the staff seemed like they cared. Now that we have moved to a different building and changed the name nothing really seems the same. It is too crowded, the teachers and head of school are all new and careless, and they are completely unorganized. There is alot of drama that takes place in and outside of school where the police had to be called several times. People may believe that the school is ran as if it were still Hyde but its NOT ! Fortunately I am leaving and its only my 10th grade year.

It was cool when it was hyde...Now its not. Teachers dont care and constantly have attitudes

Head of School, Dr. Cason< has a clear vision as Hyde LPC School moves ahead into a 21st Centurl Learning Environment focusing on rigor in all areas of thier mission....academics, character and family involvement. I love this school and am looking forward to MANY more years of involvement. If you want to be involved with your school and your student in a way that will help your FAMILY be the best it can be....than Hyde PLS School just may be the right place for you! I know is was. is and will continue to be the right choice for me!

The Hyde process demands the best an individual has to offer. Students profit from the extremely professional and dedicated faculty and staff. A Hyde graduate is a critical thinker challenged to live with integrity, courage, honesty, concern for others and leadership skills. Families benefit from Hyde experience in untold ways. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity!

Hyde's support to students is incredible. They see every student as an individual with unique and unlimited potential. The faculty, staff and administrators are fully committed to the success of each student.

They develop character that transforms the lives of the students and their immediate family.

Public schools, esp. in D.C. are well below par. Hyde accels in focusing on the individual in its students.

Last modified Perry Street Prep PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.