Ideal Academy PCS 3

Posted April 02, 2014
We began our relationship with Ideal at the 2013-2014 school year. Our preschooler appears to be progressing very well. She's excited to go to school and we appreciate the dedication of her teacher. There is at least one key pillar missing that would make Ideal most successful: parental involvement.

Ideal Academy PCS 5

Posted October 25, 2013
Ideal Academy is a very loving and nurturing school. My son has been at the school since he was almost 3 years old in pre-school. He is now 6 in the first grade and reading chapter books. I love the interaction with teachers and staff and the hard work they do.

Ideal Academy PCS 5

Posted August 19, 2013
My niece has progressed tremendously from pre-K to third grade during her tenure at Ideal Academy Public Charter School. Ideal Academy Public School provides their full attention to meet my niece s needs and full potential. My niece is so happy and absolutely loves this school. The staff is dedicated to the mission of the school and the whole child. The teachers bring extensive teaching experience. I highly recommend Ideal Academy Public School.

Ideal Academy PCS 3

Posted June 04, 2013
My school is National Children's Center. My school's is making great strides toward rewarding academic success.

Posted March 06, 2013
(If I could have given IDEAL a zero score, I would.) This school is completely unprofessional. The leadership, the office staff, even the PTO president is just down right ignorant. I was looking to possibly send my child here, but as soon as I pulled up, I could not believe that the playground is in the front of the school, facing a major intersection. At the time, it was not even fenced in. That is dangerous. The office staff was rude, and had no idea how to run a professional office. They were talking with a woman who introduced herself as the PTO pres. and if that's the case, I'm appalled. I feel so sorry for these kids. Sad, just sad. I would hope that these folks will do better by these inner city kids. I wrote a formal complaint to the board. This school needs to be shut down as soon as possible to give the kids a fighting chance.

Ideal Academy PCS 4

Posted November 21, 2012
My grandson loved this school. He learned a lot and he learned to love learning. I love the caring great teachers, the emphasis on reading and phonics and the African cultural experience.

Posted April 04, 2012
WORST SCHOOL EVER.........NEVER GO THERE.... they dont have good test scores and your not going to learn anything there

Posted November 12, 2011
At first I thought this was my solution. Child could stay at school all the way through high school. Luckily their high school charter was revoked and I had to find a new school for my child. After hearing negative comments from certain teachers /staff at Ideal , I was shocked when my child tested for the honors program at another school. Needless to say I am happy and more importantly so is my child. I was very disappointed with some of the teachers/staff at Ideal.

Posted August 13, 2010
If you're ghetto then this is the school for you. This place is bananas...I visited the school to see if i should enroll my son in there. The kids are disrespectful. The teachers dont have much control and they are just plain old ghetto there....dont get me wrong....some of the teachers are good teachers but overall i give this school a 1.

Ideal Academy PCS 0

Posted January 31, 2010
Both of my children attend ideal i love everything about it. I have a 3 yr old that i will be enrolling in the fall its a great school

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Ideal Academy PCS
6130 North Capitol Street, NW, Washington, DC  20011
Last modified Ideal Academy PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ideal Academy PCS Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.