Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 24, 2016
The other day my child who is in PK4 said to me, "my teacher is so cute." I asked her how so. She said, "she always treats me nicely and teaches us so much. I just love her." As a parent, it's wonderful to see all the new things my daughter learns every day and to know that she appreciates her teacher and enjoys school. However, I also know that her teacher won't let my daughter get away with too much which is great. It's the perfect balance.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 23, 2016
Ms. Montoya in the front office takes care of every kid at Marie Reed as though they were one of her grandchildren (several of whom ARE!) She will stay as late as the last child, she makes sure they want for nothing, and she is always smiling! I almost never see her alone in her office, there is always some little one sitting near her reading or coloring. They love her and she loves them!

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
The large events at Reed are night and day compared to other schools we've been to. Reed kids go where they're supposed to, sit relatively calmly, and quite down when told. They're not silent, of course - they're still kids! But they put their natural enthusiasm in check very quickly when told.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 23, 2016
A number of times I have seen students taking care of each other, looking out for each other, from little gestures like making sure they don't leave a book or coat behind, to larger things like comforting a hurt classmate when they're crying or hugging a kid who is leaving early to go home sick. It's a very warm, family community.

Posted February 16, 2015
This school is excellent! My child is receiving such a great education in a very socially and culturally diverse environment. The dual language model is incredible, the staff is so friendly and inviting to new families, and the new plan for renovations to the building is really exciting. The staff, parents, and community are clearly invested in the success of the school. They have innovative ways of providing services and activities to the kids. Art, Music, Tennis, Soccer, Snowboarding, just to name a few I cannot stress enough what a great choice this school would be for any child!

Posted February 15, 2015
Marie Reed is an ethnically, racially and socioeconomically diverse community that supports the needs of all students. I have loved working here and have enjoyed getting to know the teaching and parent community. My colleagues are excellent and all have impressive pedagogical knowledge; I know that all kids are getting a great education regardless of their classroom teacher. I am continually pushed to become a better teacher because of the connections I've made with my students and families. Every staff member makes an effort to help every child in the school. I am lucky to be part of the Marie Reed family!

Posted March 30, 2014
The school is really friendly, the preschool teachers are amazing and the prinicipal is extremely involved in improving things at the school Their curriculum is very nice and children seem to really enjoy their time there.

Posted October 02, 2013
This school has been amazing for our kindergartener. The dual-language program is invaluable for Spanish immersion, and the curriculum is challenging and engaging. Our teacher has been at this school for 22 years, yet still has all the energy of a 5-year-old! The kids adore her, and so do we. The building is a bit outdated, but the facilities offer so many great options - a pool, a basketball court, tennis courts, and our brand new soccer field - not to mention two separate playgrounds. They have a partnership with Fillmore Arts Center for half-day art and music every week, in addition to on-site art classes. The principal is heavily involved in the school community, and has been very responsive to all of our questions and issues. And all of the staff are quick to reach out and help or just say 'hi' whenever we're in the building. More and more families in the neighborhood are choosing to go to Marie Reed; it's the best little school you've never heard of. We love it!

Posted July 18, 2007
The new leadership is horrible. Excellent pk-3 teachers. School is not what it use to be,

Find the great schools in Washington DC

2201 18th Street Northwest, Washington, DC  20009
Last modified Marie Reed Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.