567 students|Meridian Pcs

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted December 01, 2015
I'm very worried about the students who go to this school. They seem stressed and unhappy. They are over tested and under challenged. The overall environment is chaotic and disrespectful. Parents, I would think twice before sending my children here. Do your background research diligently.

Posted December 26, 2014
I have great concerns related to the current status of MPCS and its ability to deliver a good educational experience to its students as well as its ability to create a caring environment for its staff and the students' families. From firsthand experience, I have found the current Head of School to be a divisive and disingenuous school leader who has done much to destroy the "caring and family-oriented" nature of the school. She has surrounded herself with a number of (though not all) mediocre school administrators and has totally erased much of the collegial atmosphere that existed among staff before her tenure; largely brought about as a result of her dismissing from employment about half the school staff at the conclusion of her first year at the school. What is particularly disconcerting is the fact that I have heard from a number of students, staff, and parents that the school is not responsive to their needs, that school administrators do not return phone and email messages, that the school lacks a nuturing environment, and cases where parents have recently withdrawn their children from the school. Please investigate other school options that may be more suitable.

Meridian PCS 4

Posted March 19, 2014
I really like Meridian, however to be fair this is the only school my kids have ever attended. Like all schools, they too have some issues, but over all I'm very comfortable leaving my kids in the hands of the staff for the day. Believe me when I say that's not a comfortable task, I'm now looking for schools in our new zip code and its quite challenging.

Posted September 15, 2013
Very disappointed. This school was unable to provide alternative lunch for my child with milk and cheese allergies. My child was unable to experience the educational program at this school because he was feed fruit for lunch and sent to the water fountain if thirsty while the rest of his class enjoyed a hot meal.

Meridian PCS 5

Posted December 17, 2012
We have our 3-year old in the program here and couldn't be more pleased. The teachers are excellent, the principal and vice-principal are out in front every morning greeting the children and parents, and there when we leave. The school is communicative, committed to an open, nurturing environment that celebrates the individual as well as community, and high standards of education. If I had any issue, I have no doubt it would be addressed thoughtfully and thoroughly by the staff. The new facility is absolutely beautiful, and I think it has given the school a renewed sense of pride. My sole complaint is class size - there are three teachers for 25 children. Hoever, the teachers manage the classroom so ably, it didn't take us or our child long to adjust.

Meridian PCS

Posted April 24, 2010
Meridian truly believes that it takes a village to raise child, and its converse: it takes a child raise a village. Meridian cares for the whole child and the child's family. In turn, we teachers are the better for the families we have grown to know and love. Through its Parent Center and that dvoted team as well as the different tutoring programs it offers during the school year and in the summer, Meridian is the kind of school that is really all-encompassing, It is a privilege to work there.

Meridian PCS 4

Posted October 03, 2009
The staff is so devoted to do their best for the success of their students. They have also a very organized system to bring the parents in the over all activity of the school.

Meridian PCS 2

Posted July 10, 2006
Meridian Public Charter School is not a great school to go to when you are going to the sixth, seventh and eighth grade. The fifth grade and under, the children are being taught well but the other grades are not.

Meridian PCS 5

Posted December 06, 2005
Hello! This is my daughter's second yr at Meridian, from my personal experience this school is great. My daughter seems to be picking up on spanish language being around the multi culture children as well as reading early, she's only in K. The teachers are great when it comes to staying on top of things (Parents-me), of course it starts from home. However, I plan to keep my daughter there until grade 7 no need for back and forth when there's good education right there.Trust me its a good school really stern teacher's

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Meridian PCS
2120 13th Street Northwest, Washington, DC  20009
Last modified Meridian PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meridian PCS Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top