Bad
Good

Posted April 07, 2016
We LOVE Maury! This is our second year at the school with 2 kids enrolled this year and by next year all 3 of our kids will be enrolled (K, PK4, PK3). The Principal is an amazing and dynamic leader who has built an incredible team of teachers, aides and staff who all strive daily to make Maury the best it can be. Maury is growing every year academically to reflect their hard work and dedication to their students. Maury is an incredible community that we feel lucky to be a part of.

Maury Elementary School 3

Posted December 30, 2012
Parental involvement supplements the vision of the principal. ( 5 stars) Many teachers are well regarded. I had the opportunity to watch the teachers of one level. They were excellent. A STEM program that crosscuts all grades is awesome! However, I experienced a teacher who does not work well with all types of children. Subsequently I found that my observation and apprehension with my child was a repeated scenario for others.( I would give that teacher 1 star). If I could do it again I would get my child independently tested before starting a new class and take her out at the first sign that the teacher was not meeting her needs. Depending on the age and grade, nearby charters can be also serve as a viable option as a fall back .

Maury Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2012
My son has been at this school for two years now, and I must say that I have been nothing short of satisfied with everyone from the Principal, to the custodial staff. Ms. Albert Garvey is always engaging, and tries her best to be as personable as possible. Sadly, we will be leaving area for the coming school year; but we thank Maury for helping my son establish his educational foundation that I'm sure will reflect in the new school.

Posted April 12, 2011
I love the school, the principal is warm, compassionate and has a great deal of knowlege about early childhood learning. She is a great leader and an inspiration to her team and a real ally to the families.

Posted April 03, 2011
I am very pleased with this school. My son is in Kindergarden and has been learning very fast. His teacher will not let him fall back on anything and learning techniques has build a close relationship with me and my son.

Posted March 30, 2011
Parents are so dedicated and involved at Maury. The principal is smart and flexible - she's just great. Maury is afforded academic autonomy, which means we can use hand-selected materials that compliment DCPS curriculum. Maury is proud to be a part of this community!

Posted February 02, 2011
I can honestly say my son is eager to go to school everyday. In grade K he's uses learing techniques on a regular basis and I am very impressed.

Posted January 04, 2011
I feel so lucky that my kids can walk with their friends to a wonderful, neighborhood school. From principal, to teachers to parents--everyone works together to provide the best environment for the kids. It's creative, academic, social, diverse and involved.

Posted January 02, 2011
My son attended Maury for K and now attends for 1st Grade. We moved from Utah to DC and this was the first real school he attended (he went to a private PS in Utah). As we are a military family and live on base, my son is outside the school zone and gets bussed in. I was worried about that but the teachers, school guard, principal and even other parents all know him and watch out for him. He's learned a lot and we've enjoyed our time here. The community is very involved with not only education, but with the welfare of others. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted January 02, 2011
Our son is in the pre-school class and we are incredibly pleased with the school and his teacher. He was in a private montessori program and this has all the benefits of the private school and more. Lots of diversity, a creatively minded, involved PTA with wide parental participation. We couldn't be happier with Maury.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Maury Elementary School
1250 Constitution Avenue Northeast, Washington, DC  20002
Last modified Maury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.