Posted March 27, 2014
This a terrible school. Students are not learning and there aren't any high expectations for appropriate behavior and academic performance. Your child will receive an "A" for filling in the blank and breathing air. The administration does not provide a safe and rigorous academic learning environment for students. Do not send your children to this school.

Posted January 08, 2014
Most of the reviews are from volunteer parents who are also board members the school is very unorganized and does not support staff. It's ran by the executive director who has to have her hand in everything which is the reason why the school fails to retain staff and is jeopardy of being closed down. They don't celebrate European holidays which was stated by the executive director only Kwanzaa.

Tree of Life PCS 5

Posted May 30, 2012
Tree of Life is a very good school. I would recommend this school to anyone who is in need of a safe, nurturing environment where not only the teachers but support staff and administration staff alike have a genuine love for students and wants to see them succeed in life. I know a lot of schools claim to be family orientated and that phrase is thrown around a lot but at Tree of Life you truly feel the warmth and love for the students and also the concerns for the entire family. Not every school has mile high test scores but if you count the individual accomplishment of the students and the safe, fun, learning environment this school is tops. As with my other children the child I have at Tree of Life will be attending this school until she graduated 8th grade.

Tree of Life PCS 5

Posted May 29, 2012
My daughter has been going to TOL for the past three school years and I LOVE this school! This school year 2011-2012 I transferred her to a different to a school (outstanding per reviews) and I received the worst treatment EVER. The 1st & 2nd day of school the children were locked out until 8:30. The 3rd day was the earthquake and the locked the students inside the school until 3:45pm. With that being said I was blessed TOL accepted her back with open arms. She partakes in a number of different activities as well as FREE Educational Field Trips. TOL provides FREE before and after care for their students. Every week I can see my daughter s progress. She went from asking me to help her with her work to telling me how to do her homework. This year academically Amaurie has done an outstanding job, thanks to the support of her teacher and the staff at TOL. Granted the school do have structure issues but what can you expect when at least 50% of the students aren t being taught at home. I can t put all the blame on the Staff when a lot of the students are disrespectful and ill-mannered. !My daughter is the second grade and she will be at TOL until she Graduate the 8th.

Posted March 21, 2012
THIS SCHOOL IS DISORGANIZED AND UNPROFESSIONAL! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANY PARENT SEND THEIR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL IF THEY WANT TO FOSTER A LOVE AND APPRECIATION FOR LEARNING. THE MISSION IS NOT LIVED THROUGH PRACTICE AND EVERY YEAR THERE IS A WHOLE NEW STAFF.

Posted May 17, 2011
TOL started out a great school for my daughters but with the change of staff everything has went down hill . The staff are rude and not alone the principle. I mean set some kind of example.( smh) The good thing is nutrient lunches and free before and after care. Which now is 25$ for your child to attend. My children will not be attending TOL next year and I pray things get better for the remaining students.

Posted April 05, 2011
I had really high hopes for this school but was sorely disappointed. The only good thing about the school is that the before/after care is free and they provide seemingly well-balanced meals, also free, which my daughter seems to enjoy. Aside from those two things, which I can afford to pay for, I d never recommend this school to anyone who wants their child in an organized, clean, friendly learning environment that is well structured because TOL lacks those qualities in my eyes. The dramatic drop in test scores speak volumes about this school and my daughter s future there.

Posted March 04, 2011
I would not trust this school with educating my dog on how to bark! Don't get me wrong, they have some good teachers but they have also lost a lot of teachers because of problems with management.

Tree of Life PCS 0

Posted March 03, 2010
My son has been at TOL since 2006. When he was in Pre-K and Kindergarden the staff were wonderful. Now that he is in First grade the staff has changed alot and there is no communication with the parents about the well being of your child. The Principle is rude and seems to never know anything. So with that being said my son won't attend TOL next school year.

Posted November 18, 2009

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Tree of Life PCS
2315 18th Place, NE, Washington, DC  20018
Last modified Tree of Life PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tree of Life PCS Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.