Posted August 13, 2014
Our child is entering PK4 and we love the school. Test scores are consistently on the rise, we have a dynamic new principal and very engaged parents. We hope to send our younger child when she is ready in 3 years. Definitely a school with positive energy and a bright future!

Posted October 07, 2013
I love Ludlow-Taylor! I was thinking that after my daughter comes out of preschool I would want to transfer her, but I'm beginning to love the transformation. The renovated school, the teachers are great, and the children love each other. Great environment so far.

Posted October 05, 2013
We are an in-boundary PS-3 family and absolutely love the school. With the renovation, the facility is just beautiful. They have all the latest equipment (smartboards, etc.) and are generally well funded (I asked my child's teacher if she needed help with any classroom materials because I understand a lot of teachers pay out of pocket, and she said she had received everything she asked for and more before school started!) The kids spend a ton of time playing outside. Aftercare is divided by grade and staffed by some of the teachers, and my child loves it. At least at the ECE level, there is lots of diversity, both socioeconomically and racially, which we consider to be a big plus. Based on the talks at ECE Back to School Night, there are tons of parents pitching in to make the school an amazing place, so there is a culture of getting involved. I really don't know what more I could want in a school, and hope to stay there through 5th grade.

Posted September 18, 2013
I love everything about Ludlow-Taylor! It's beautiful new building, amazingly outfitted child-centered classrooms, and friendly staff. It's like the Disneyland of preschool education. I can't say enough good things about our teacher. A 25-year veteran of early childhood education she exudes a level of calm and grace that is unparalleled. I would say the majority of the early childhood education students come from the immediate neighborhood. It's been the perfect environment for my child and our family.

Ludlow-Taylor Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2013
Ludlow Taylor has surprised me in so many positive ways, I am uber pleased. The funding they've obtained for technology upgrades, the teachers that they've brought in for their science program, and the celebration of diversity through the arts are just a few examples. If there is one thing that I would improve, it would be really driving student retention up from the Pre-K programs to cross over into Kindergarten and the other grade levels. Many cap. hill parents take advantage of this school for the reggio emillia pre-k program and then pull their kids out before reaching kindergarten for fear the higher grades are not up to par. I can attest that our child's education has been nothing but first rate. There is strong community involvement, the principal's leadership is apparent in the behavior of the students, and our teachers in the Kindergarten and 1st grade really keep the children on task and engaged with an eagerness to learn. Please consider Ludlow-Taylor as a public school choice and PLEASE let it REMAIN your choice.

Posted May 13, 2013
We recently moved to the Hill and have 2 kids at LTES. It has been a wonderful experience. The teachers have been great, the academics are strong, and the atmosphere is nurturing. I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience here. It is what a good elementary education should be.

Posted March 18, 2013
We have been very happy with LTES. Our son is in the PK3 program and the teachers are great. He's had a tough time adjusting and everyone is so understanding. They have brought in extra resources to help get him better acclimated. We are hopeful that the facelift the school is getting will encourage more neighborhood families to consider LTES.

Posted January 28, 2013
I love Ludlow-Taylor. My daughter is flourishing academically and socially. The teachers and staff are phenomenal. The teachers are excellent and the principal cares about her school and students. We have a fantastic school community.

Posted March 27, 2012
My daughter is in PS3 at LT and I love it. Fantastic community and we love the teachers. The early childhood program is terrific and we are looking forward to many happy years at Ludlow Taylor!

Posted May 24, 2011
Last Friday I attended a recital at the school in support of a freinds daughter. I was so glad I went. It was great. The teachers all did a wonderful job with the kids activities throughout the evening. The gave each other attention and respect the entire evening. The parents enjoyed it very much. I will come to the next meeting to see where I can fit in. I did tell Mrs. Cobbs I had not small kids in the school. She has welcomed me as a community member and I liked that.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Ludlow-Taylor Elementary School
659 G Street Northeast, Washington, DC  20002
Last modified Ludlow-Taylor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ludlow-Taylor Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.