DC Prep -- Edgewood Elementary Campus 1

Posted May 16, 2014
This is my daughters fifth year at DC Prep EEC and she will NOT be returning next year. They have went from having high exceptions for all the children to now treating them like soldiers and are only concerned about statistics. They set unrealistic expectations and rules. There are a couple of good teachers left but the new administration only cares about keeping up the reputation not the children! I am very disappointed at what the school has become. Another reviewer (teacher from the Benning Campus) said it best "teachers are forced to implement a developmentally inappropriate model of education where creative thinking and individuality suffer at the expense of a high-stakes, militaristic atmosphere." If you are willing to sacrifice your child's individuality, creativity, self-esteem, social and emotional development for academics, then this school will be perfect. Otherwise look elsewhere as soon as possible!!

Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter has not yet started at DC Prep but we are excited to do so and look forward to a great school year! The communications thus far has been great; I'm just hoping that the parking is revised to accommodate the drop off and pick up of little ones!

Posted March 20, 2014
I was in your shoes last year; reading reviews and pouring over all the information I could get when deciding where to apply for my daughter. Fast forward 1 year, I have no hesitation in saying that DC Prep should be your #1 choice if academics are where you want your child to excel. Also my daughter had a speech delay that was met with patience and understanding. It's been amazing to hear her quickly catch up to her peers. (Speech therapist on staff had great communication with me, everyone worked together.) Each teacher has an extraordinary quality that serves to benefit our children's education. Their website and open house are very informative; there are activities for families throughout the year, field trips, and if you want to be more involved you can join PAT. (Parent Action Team, version of the PTA.) Conveniently, Metro is right there. A ramp is being built right now connecting the RI Ave Station to the nearby bike path, making the walk from Metro 5 minutes.

DC Prep -- Edgewood Elementary Campus 2

Posted March 20, 2014
I heard that this was a great school. My three year old son had been enrolled since the fall. I had high hopes for this year. I have been disappointed, because they do not run their ECE program to my expectations. They treat the children like they are teenagers when they are only three and four years old. They do not use DAP. Children this young still need the whole child treatment backed by NAEYC the worlds leading Education Association. I have decided that my child will not return to this school next year.

DC Prep -- Edgewood Elementary Campus 3

Posted October 21, 2013
I really wish the location was better. the school needs better parking options for parents. Over all the school is good.

Posted June 01, 2013
My son started 3rd grade at DC Prep fall of 2012. DC Prep believes that all students can perform on grade level. That is the reason I love DC Prep. My son is intelligent but has ADHD. When he attended DCPS he was not learning because of his behavior. DC Prep found ways to teach my son, recognize his disability and still effectively hold him responsible for his behavior. They provide him with services for his ADHD while incorporating ways for him to control his behavior. DC Prep keeps me well informed. I truly believe that my family and the school being on the same page and working together helps my son tremendously. DC Prep doesn't offer sports but I don't mind it because although I feel extra curricular activities are very important, I feel that education is even more important. A lot of students that come into DC Prep come in below grade level. This leaves DC Prep with the responsibility to bring their incoming students up to grade level, which results in a long school day full of academics and no time for much extracurricular. My son is eager to start 4th grade this fall at the middle school. I love this school so much that my three year old will be starting there this fall.

Posted May 20, 2013
I've worked at DC Prep for two years and have grown tremendously as a teacher because of the coaching and support from the administration. I especially love the teacher community at DC Prep. Every teacher is committed to his or her students and is eager to share best practices in elementary education. I also love working at a school that is committed to academics and character education. Overall, DC Prep is a great place to work if want to impact kids in DC.

Posted May 23, 2012
My youngest son has been at this school for 2 years and this as a result of me falling in love with the middle school that my oldest attends. I absolutely love the teachers, the environment and most importantly, the academics. I have no doubt that he will continue to excel and go beyond his potential as he is continually challenged.

Posted May 02, 2012
DC.PEC, should be rated a 10 hands down. I have no complaints about the school academically. My children have become scholars since I have brought them here. Yes, its a lot of hard work and dedication, but in the end... You wont regret it!!!!! :-) I have tried to get all my friends kids to go to this school, so that all the children in my kids circle can all be on the same level... BRILLIANT!

Posted December 09, 2011
Love it, Love it, I have 2 daughters attending, one in pre -k and one in 4th middle school. I have been an active parents since my oldest daughter started in the 1st grade, and couldn't wait until my youngest started. We have had some tryign times, but in the end it all work out for the better. Keep up the good work teachers, and parents. Looking forward to many more great achievements. Go Preppeeeeeeees

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

DC Prep -- Edgewood Elementary Campus
707 Edgewood Street, NE, Washington, DC  20017
Last modified DC Prep -- Edgewood Elementary Campus is a Charter school that serves grades PK-3
DC Prep -- Edgewood Elementary Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.