Posted August 20, 2014
My 3y/o daughter will be attending Eagle Academy this fall. I was really impressed by the staff & administrators (who were in fact warm, friendly and knowledgeable). Before our visit to the McGogney Center at EAPCS. We were torn between two other schools (One, too far, not excited about the commute. The other - while ideal in location, is under transition. I just didn't think it would be a positive way to begin "our" first year in school). I feel that Eagle Academy has done a phenomenal job communicating its expectations as well as other pertinent information parents need to know. BTW out of the three schools we were considering, EAPCS was the only to test my daughter's aptitude. I'm glad they did! We had problems in daycare because while my daughter was having fun, she wasn't being challenged. Not only is my daughter ready for preschool, she's been placed in an advanced class. I'm excited to see how she does as the school year progresses!

Posted July 03, 2013
Really good school. This camous make the camous on new jersey ave look like trash!

Posted May 22, 2013
This is my daughters first year in school. She started at EAPCS at the age of 2 and I was so concerned that I may have put her in school to early. However, her teachers reassured me almost daily that her progress was on point. I had concerns about her speech and they took my concerns seriously and worked with her and I am very happy. My daughters have gone on several field trips that, I even wanted to take off of work to attend. Also, the after-care program is phenomenal and I am ALWAYS impressed at every after-care program. I'm giving Principal leadership only 3 stars because there is a new principal that have not had an opportunity to get to know as of yet and our paths rarely cross and I don't think he has been as visible as the previous principal.

Posted May 16, 2013
TDW: I've been a parent/Autism Advocate since 2010 at EAPCS prior to their relocation to Wheeler Rd SE and my son has received ESL services via EAPCS applicable to his HFA (High Functioning Autism) and I'm extremely satisfied with the progress that he's made to date! I look forward to seeing more improvements, not only in him, but other children that I know personally there. EAPCS is what you make it, if you are an active parent who doesn't mind keeping an open line of communication with the school and teachers, this is "Your home away from home!" Join us, I'm certain you won't regret it!

Posted February 25, 2013
My twins entered first grade this year. From the beginning, it was clear that one of them had significant learning delays. The IEP process was prompt and thorough. Her individual plan and goals were set, and I was excited that my daughter would finally begin to get on track. Soon after her plan began, she still wasn't "catching on" the way we all expected. It was evident that the initial plan was not going to work for her. The IEP team quickly came back together and addressed every concern I had. They bent over backwards to devise another plan adjusted to the way my daughter learns best. EAPCS is a diamond in the rough. I couldn't have chosen a better school for my twins' education. This team of dedicated professional educators want my child to succeed as much as I do!

Posted December 12, 2012
I AM VERY PLEASED WITH EAGLE ACADEMY... This is my sons 3rd year at the school. He is very advanced for his grade, and was when he first started there. I appricate the fact that they realize how advanced he was at the beganing of the year. All of his teacher have challeged him. Yes the parking is horrible, but parking has nothing to do with quality education. He is in the kindergarden reading at a 3rd grade level. He loves school and sometimes doesn't want to leave. I think the teachers are great. Some are strict, but they have to be. I dont like the new location, because of the group of children and the parents. However, i do love the new school. They have before and after care, with a great staff of people. The school is very secure and clean. A school that my child can learn well while enjoying him self says a lot for the staff. I love this school and the staff.

Posted August 01, 2012
My son was at Eagle from age 3 until the third grade. The teachers, staff, parents, and children felt like family. We will miss everyone.

Posted July 19, 2012
I LOVE EAGLE ACADEMY. Eagle Academy is the best school . My child has been enrolled at Eagle Academy sinc she was 3 and is now going to the 2nd grade. My child learned how to read, write and spell in her first year at Eagle. The teachers at Eagle Academy are highlt educated and dedicated to teaching your child. Eagle has so much to offer, before and aftercare, extra activities, excellent social services and great communication. I recommend Eagle Academy to anyone that wants the best education for their child. Eagle Academy is definetly STARTING EARLY and SOARING HIGH!!!

Posted July 19, 2012
I MADE THE RIGHT DECISION FOR MY CHILD'S FIRST SCHOOL EXPERIENCE!!!! Eagle Academy is perfect. They have proven to better than all the rest. The staff is very friendly and educated. I felt comfortable when I left my child there the very first day of school. My childs teacher was awesome. Eagle academy not only was great for my youngest child but they were great for my entire immediate family. My husband received information and referrals for employment. We received a Thanksgiving basket and our children were registered for christmas toys. When i just needed to talk and vent some of my challenges, Eagle has a educated, helpful and understanding Social Services worker. she supported me and kept my business confidential. I don't know if I should name names, but Mrs. Lockette deserves alot of credit for all her help. It was also a pleasure every morning and evening to be greeted with a warm smile by the front desk staff. I love Eagle Academy and look forward to many great years at Eagle Academy.

Posted April 26, 2012
Eagle Academy is a GREAT. I would recommend the school. My son loves it at Eagle, he is learning and all the teachers are great with the kids. Yes, they have time out of of school but that will occur with all the schools in this area. The before and aftercare program is wonderful. The program puts on a performace twice a year at Crampton you have to see the kids in action OUTSTANDING. The school will be moving to an new buidling in ward 8. If you have not registred your child get on IT. The school will be the place to have your children.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Eagle Center -McGogney
3400 Wheeler Road Southeast, Washington, DC  20032
Last modified Eagle Center -McGogney is a Charter school that serves grades PK-3
Eagle Center -McGogney Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.