Public charter
Washington, DC
Before care: Yes

Posted September 25, 2014
My school is the best we are eagles at this school my name is Leah Leathers

Posted September 25, 2014
Eagle Academy is Great!!!!!! My daughter just started Pre K 3 here and we've had nothing but positive experiences. I would recommend any guardian to enroll their child in Eagle Academy.

Posted September 25, 2014
EAGLE ACADEMY IS VERY WELCOMING. ALL THE STAFF ARE VERY KIND TO ALL STUDENTS AND ARE WILLING TO HELP THEM SUCCED. THIS IS MY DAUGHTERS FIRST YEAR AT EAGLE ACADEMY AND I AM TRULY LOVING IT. EVEN THOUGH SHE IS IN PK-3 SHE IS LEARNING BEYOND HER AGE, WHICH I LOVE. EAGLE ACADEMY IS A PERFECT SCHOOL TO HAVE YOUR CHILD ATTEND IF YOU REALLY WANT THEM TO LEARN PAST WHAT IS EXPECTED TO LEARN. MY CHILD AND I ARE READY TO HAVE A WONDERFUL SCHOOL YEAR.

Posted September 25, 2014
This is my daughter's first year at Eagle Academy-McGogney and it has truly surpassed my expectations!!! I appreciate how the school and teachers keep the parents engaged and involved in all student and school activities. The staff is pleasant, professional and extremely helpful. The curriculum appears to tackle multiple learning and cognitive developmental issues and finds new and creative ways to teach! This is Taylor's first year at a structured school and we appreciate the school assisting with her transition.

Eagle Center -McGogney 4

Posted August 20, 2014
My 3y/o daughter will be attending Eagle Academy this fall. I was really impressed by the staff & administrators (who were in fact warm, friendly and knowledgeable). Before our visit to the McGogney Center at EAPCS. We were torn between two other schools (One, too far, not excited about the commute. The other - while ideal in location, is under transition. I just didn't think it would be a positive way to begin "our" first year in school). I feel that Eagle Academy has done a phenomenal job communicating its expectations as well as other pertinent information parents need to know. BTW out of the three schools we were considering, EAPCS was the only to test my daughter's aptitude. I'm glad they did! We had problems in daycare because while my daughter was having fun, she wasn't being challenged. Not only is my daughter ready for preschool, she's been placed in an advanced class. I'm excited to see how she does as the school year progresses!

Posted July 03, 2013
Really good school. This camous make the camous on new jersey ave look like trash!

Posted May 22, 2013
This is my daughters first year in school. She started at EAPCS at the age of 2 and I was so concerned that I may have put her in school to early. However, her teachers reassured me almost daily that her progress was on point. I had concerns about her speech and they took my concerns seriously and worked with her and I am very happy. My daughters have gone on several field trips that, I even wanted to take off of work to attend. Also, the after-care program is phenomenal and I am ALWAYS impressed at every after-care program. I'm giving Principal leadership only 3 stars because there is a new principal that have not had an opportunity to get to know as of yet and our paths rarely cross and I don't think he has been as visible as the previous principal.

Posted May 16, 2013
TDW: I've been a parent/Autism Advocate since 2010 at EAPCS prior to their relocation to Wheeler Rd SE and my son has received ESL services via EAPCS applicable to his HFA (High Functioning Autism) and I'm extremely satisfied with the progress that he's made to date! I look forward to seeing more improvements, not only in him, but other children that I know personally there. EAPCS is what you make it, if you are an active parent who doesn't mind keeping an open line of communication with the school and teachers, this is "Your home away from home!" Join us, I'm certain you won't regret it!

Posted February 25, 2013
My twins entered first grade this year. From the beginning, it was clear that one of them had significant learning delays. The IEP process was prompt and thorough. Her individual plan and goals were set, and I was excited that my daughter would finally begin to get on track. Soon after her plan began, she still wasn't "catching on" the way we all expected. It was evident that the initial plan was not going to work for her. The IEP team quickly came back together and addressed every concern I had. They bent over backwards to devise another plan adjusted to the way my daughter learns best. EAPCS is a diamond in the rough. I couldn't have chosen a better school for my twins' education. This team of dedicated professional educators want my child to succeed as much as I do!

Posted December 12, 2012
I AM VERY PLEASED WITH EAGLE ACADEMY... This is my sons 3rd year at the school. He is very advanced for his grade, and was when he first started there. I appricate the fact that they realize how advanced he was at the beganing of the year. All of his teacher have challeged him. Yes the parking is horrible, but parking has nothing to do with quality education. He is in the kindergarden reading at a 3rd grade level. He loves school and sometimes doesn't want to leave. I think the teachers are great. Some are strict, but they have to be. I dont like the new location, because of the group of children and the parents. However, i do love the new school. They have before and after care, with a great staff of people. The school is very secure and clean. A school that my child can learn well while enjoying him self says a lot for the staff. I love this school and the staff.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Eagle Center -McGogney
3400 Wheeler Road Southeast, Washington, DC  20032
Last modified Eagle Center -McGogney is a Charter school that serves grades PK-3
Eagle Center -McGogney Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top