Public charter
Washington, DC
Before care: Yes

Posted October 30, 2014
I have to say that my experience with this school was not so great. My daughter attented this school throughout the 2013-2014 class as a 1st grader. I was told my child may need to repeat due to her lack of reading/writing level. I began to quiz her using 1st and 2nd grade reading/writing books to help her progress but I didn't see any signs of my child not understanding nor having a hard time learning the new or existing knowledge she was gaining. the fact of the matter is there are 80 percent of teachers in this school who do not attend to your child's needs individually, nor do they inform you on what they are slacking in. I had to push to understand what was going on and it was just silence in the parent meeting conference as we were evaluating my daughter. They expect for the parents to teach 90% of what they are teaching which makes no sense. Further on, I just recently moved to Northern Virginia Fairfax County and my child is excelling in writing and reading. Please be very careful with the teachers in this school, parent's will have to keep a close eye on what's going on with there child daily. Also there are a lot of young assistant teachers that are simply rude.

Early Childhood Academy PCS - Johenning 4

Posted July 02, 2014
I love this school. And the fact that they have my baby pictured on here made my day. They turned my son around, not only with his work, but with his behavior as well. I really wanted to keep him in the school for his last year, but I needed him to be in a close school near my daughter's new school. I will tell you this school is wonderful and will always recommend them to anyone looking for grades K-3.

Early Childhood Academy PCS - Johenning 5

Posted March 11, 2014
I absolutely love this school, my kids have been there for 2 years now and they strive for the best. The staff is wonderful its like we are a huge family. They help so much, they are warm and welcoming.. The kids get taught all they can learn and if they can learn more they teach more... Hopefully soon they will add a few more grades for their great teaching..

Posted October 22, 2013
Early Childhood Academy is a good school in DC focusing on early childhood. I feel they should be in a regular school building to maximize their potential

Posted March 20, 2012
The fact that all of these rave reviews were posted on the same days or within days of each other is suspicious.

Early Childhood Academy PCS - Johenning 5

Posted February 28, 2011
I am so in love with this school. My daughter is currently enrolled here and she loves it. She loves the teachers and staff as well as the children. She has made friends not only on her level but in upper grades as well. What I love is that they provide before and after care for a very reasonable rate. I love the fact that you know what your child is working on for the entire because of the homework assignment sheets. They take their time and patiently help the children in areas they need improvement on. When my daughter started she could not write her name yet a lone spell it when she started in August. By early October she was able to both. I am so proud of my daughter because she is eager to learn and loves to read books. Without the help of the teachers and staff at this school my daughter would not be on the pre-reading stage. They encourage her everyday to do her best and it makes me feel really good to know she wants to do her best. I love this school and would not take her from there unless forced to.

Posted May 20, 2010
I love my students and teachers and the wonderful ECA parents! We are growing and thriving as an early childhood program!

Posted May 19, 2010
I love this school, my son started when the school opened. The school has developed in so many ways, and they take learning serious. The teachers make learning fun in and outside of the classroom. The principal have an open door policy and they give attention to the parent's concerns. The field trips and in-school field trips provide hands-on learning. It's like one big happy family!

Posted May 19, 2010
I love ECA because the entire staff is very compassionate and caring and is very interested in the children inside and outside of the school. Their goal is for every child to be the best that they can be and strive to challege themselves. I am the mother of one child and she feel like ECA is a big family she enjoy learning and growing with.

Posted May 19, 2010
Because of the love of the teachers for learning and teaching our very young learners. They keep learning interesting and interactive, stressing literacy, and early analytical and critical thinking skills.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Early Childhood Academy PCS - Johenning
4025 9th Street Southeast, Washington, DC  20032
Last modified Early Childhood Academy PCS - Johenning is a Charter school that serves grades PK-3
Early Childhood Academy PCS - Johenning Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top