Public charter
Washington, DC

Posted December 18, 2014
This school is outrages teachers are out of control teachers are calling us stupid down rating us as students you should not put your students in this school they will want to leave you have little teachers who care and the one who cares are teaching the truth but they want the teachers to do what the rest of the teacher do and make the students learn about the stuff that is not true the principal DOSE NOT like KWANZAA WE WERE MAKING kwanza creations and she was talking bout them they take students stuff for the entire school year DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD HERE

Howard University Middle School PCS 2

Posted December 18, 2014
Current Student: At ms2 everything is not what it seems we work but its the learning conditions we are in with the teachers and other staff. As a current student here at ms2 we are down graded as a student teachers tell us we are Stupid and wont have a great future. Teachers put kids out for no apparent reason and call parents like the parents do not work. Also the principle Dr.Blackmon does not like culture things and gets mad when students create Kwanzaa and Christmas decorations on the 7th grade floor-#Do not send kids here

Posted December 03, 2014
I am a student and i don't know how i made it 3 years! My six grade year was amazing! that was my best year. Now the school is so disorganized! The teachers are hypocrites, disorganized, and don't know when to admit they are wrong. The students needs some "act right" DON'T BE FULLED BY IT'S NAME

Posted May 25, 2014
I am a 6th grader. The school is so unorganized! I had to return the school computer due to an internal problem, and I still do not have the computer! I returned it on April 21. The school can be cheap as well, this is also the reason I do not have my computer. The school wouldn't pay for the insurance for the school computer. The school basically did EVERYTHING they could to get rid of cheerleading as well. they got rid of every single game the cheerleaders were suppose to cheer at. The teachers can be sarcastic and rude, and it frustrates me when the teacher wouldn't call on me when I have my hand up for basically the whole class, but then expect me to stay in that class late to ask a simple question that could have been answered a long time ago. The sarcasm that some teachers have can be effective but certain teacher's sarcasm can really get to me. The teachers at the school can put TOO MUCH pressure on us. Last Friday, one of my classmates asked one of the 7th/8th grade teachers if their class is hard. The teacher responds "My class is extremely hard, out of all 60 students I teach, only 3 people has an A and 1 person has a A-". I then raised my hand and asked~ TO BE CONTINUED

Posted May 18, 2014
I have been very disappointed by this school and I'm glad this is my child's last year. They talked a great game. My child's 6th grade year was good, but this school and his experience there has gone down hill since. I wish I had taken him out last year. The 8th grade teachers are horrible. They have no control over the students and it's apparent some of them don't like teaching anymore. The Dean of Students lacks experience and judgment. He seems to think the only way to address behavioral problems is to suspend or expel. His mantra is guilty, guilty, guilty, even if proven innocent later. The school lacks leadership. The new principal left after two months into the school year. They are searching for a new principal now, but It will take a lot more than getting a new principal to fix this school. And the Executive Director has his head in the clouds. Don't waste your time. Your child deserves better.

Posted May 09, 2014
This school is not the best to choose for your child. The teachers and other authorities involved in the school are self-involved. They seem to want to ruin the kids reputation and future. They make petty excuses for suspending your kid or putting them out of class. My daughter was recently suspended for reading a book that was written by someone and not doing nothing at all but sitting it down. But since they say "she should have handed it to the teacher," she got suspended and now can not graduate nor participate in any 8th grade trips. And my daughter has been here for 3 years now makes good grades and even gets the school known for HER hard work and they tell her she can not go to her graduate. It is insane.! Don't bring your kid here it will bring much trouble in your life. For this school to get better it would need better leadership specifically I would say the Dean Of Students. I have no respect for him at this point. I would say I like the few opportunities that run by the school and my child takes advantage of. Other than that...Don't go!

Howard University Middle School PCS 3

Posted April 15, 2014
My school is not as good as they say it is. I know that because I went there. The teachers don't have experience and they don't know what it is to teach. Not all of the teachers are like this but a lot of them are. The thing I liked about the school is that they give out free MacBook computers.

Howard University Middle School PCS 3

Posted March 18, 2014
It's not horrible. But it's not great. Yes, having a middle school on the campus of a university seems like a phenomenal concept. Some of our instructors are exemplary professors from the university; more often, I've seen teachers who seem to think yelling penetrates the brain more effectively than... teaching. Too many parents send their "problem" students here hoping for a miracle experience. Even in classrooms where teachers have established a proper structure, students themselves can be (and often are) the greatest hindrance to their learning. The most patient, knowledgeable, and experienced teachers simply can't compensate for a lack of home training--at least, not for an entire classroom. On the upside, the building is in the middle of repairs. Staff as a whole are extraordinarily dedicated to seeing students succeed... but again, their methods of communicating this can be questionable. Also, university students are employed to supplement the learning in the classroom; they are a great asset. Overall, this school has its room to improve; mainly in hiring experienced teachers (regardless of race?). However, parents could clearly do a better job preparing their kids.

Posted August 30, 2013
I had to remove my son From MS2 last year because the leadership was terrible. How can you go thru an entire school year without a Computer Science teacher? Dont inform the parents until late and call yourself a Tech school. I am vvery glad I changed schools. Hope they get better.

Howard University Middle School PCS 4

Posted August 29, 2013
I am very hopeful this school year. Now that we have are out from under 2 years of very poor leadership.I am very eager to get back on the right track and place the focus back on students.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Howard University Middle School PCS
405 Howard Place, NW, Washington, DC  20059
Last modified Howard University Middle School PCS is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Howard University Middle School PCS Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top