Posted June 03, 2014
First off let me stress that the so called "good reviews" posted are more than likely fakes. Staff impersonating parents to lure your kids into the school. No parent at that school would ever give it 5 stars. If you are an active parent and want your child to receive an outstanding education, do not send them here. There is false information on the website. There is no cheerleading, music, P.E., etc. They define music as sending in an unqualified substitute, who then takes the class outside. My child has a total of three recesses because of this. Multiple recesess are more important than teaching. This is because the teachers are not passionate, and inexperienced. They also lack patience, so what do they do, take the kids outside to get rid of them. The kids have not taken a field trip all year long, no museums, science fair projects, etc. There are no ways to engage or stimulate your kids minds, this is important for active hands on kids. The staff will focus more on ensuring your childs uniform is intact before addressing the real needs of the school. This is only to fool onlookers and make the school appear as if all is well. Don't be fooled, find a better school for your kid.

Posted May 21, 2014
My children have been at this school for three years I do not like the school the teachers seem to be an experienced my daughter was suspended for an incident that that's heat shirt was at fault for I called the school board and they corrected the problem is suspended the teacher the school is bullies the sieges the Medicare and the principal is very absent from the school it's ridiculous I can't wait to take my kids away from the school

Potomac Lighthouse PCS 4

Posted May 02, 2014
I have 3 children at this school. I love the close relationship that I have with their teachers. They can call or text for anything concerning my children. The strength of discipline is really showing this year and I can see the growth in my kids as well. The school is about to have a new Principal for the new school year. I hope he/she fits in well and helps to uplift the administrative side.

Potomac Lighthouse PCS 5

Posted April 24, 2014
It's always hard to see a great school plagued by the references of a few angry parents. I have been incredibly impressed with the education that my child has received this year. Moving from his old school, I have seen a huge difference in his performance and I know it' s due to the strong team at PLPCS. The Principal is sort of absent from the school but other than that the teachers and the other administrators in the building are always helpful and they return my calls right away. I couldn't be happier that my child attends this school. i do wish they had more sports programs though.

Potomac Lighthouse PCS 4

Posted April 02, 2014
My child been at Potomac Lighthouse for five years. I love the school. The staff is awesome and they know every student by first names. The teacher are very quality in teaching. They help families who need assistance. They have great parent participation. Potomac Lighthouse is a great scho.

Posted January 14, 2014
They administrative staff is receptive to a point. But there is one teacher that seems to have a real problem with the girls and favor the boys especially when the boy is tormenting or hitting the girls. The administrative staff will not address it.

Posted November 06, 2013
This school gets a 0! My grandson was not allowed to share his birthday cupcakes with classmates!

Potomac Lighthouse PCS 5

Posted November 03, 2013
The school is so different this year than in previous years. My daughter is in middle school and she absolutely loves it. The teachers are amazing and the school really feels like a different place. They definitely got tough on discipline which is a good thing because now my daughter says she rarely sees any misbehavior which is helping her focus better. She loves what she is learning and they also have new specials as well. I think they've done a great job.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is ridiculous, do not send your kids there. Very unorganized, cant keep teachers, suspend kids for basically nothing. Most staff is there only to get a check they dont care about the kids. Cant keep a bus company to transport the kids back and forth to schoool. They got the teachers driving the bus. Do not send your kids there.

Posted September 25, 2013
Potomac Lighthouse PCS suspended my grandson for two days because he had an accident. He's not yet 3 yrs old. They left him in a bathroom stall for at least 15 minutes while his father made a frantic dash to collect him. The child cried all night. I cannot believe any preschool program could be more barbarian than this school!

Contact Information

4401 8th Street Northeast
Washington, DC 20017

School website

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Potomac Lighthouse PCS
4401 8th Street Northeast, Washington, DC  20017
Last modified Potomac Lighthouse PCS is a charter school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Potomac Lighthouse PCS Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.