Potomac Preparatory PCS 4

Posted August 12, 2014
A CHANGE HAS COME - With leadership gaps, resource mismanagement, high teacher turnover, and a host of other issues - it was time. The winds of change have blown and Potomac now has a core group of leaders with proven records in leadership, education, and community engagement. It all starts at the top with new principal, Dr. Marian White-Hood and the changing of our name. As active Potomac Prep parents, we re excited and look forward to the changes that are happening. The excitement in the air that has been missing and the sense of community has returned. There's also a return to basics & core foundations of learning with a dose of plain ole common sense! The exciting atmosphere is contagious and we know that will carry over to the students and propel forward. There will be some bumps along the way but that s to be expected. Consistency, accountability, and steadfast dedication are the keys to our success. If you were disappointed with past experiences, we recommend coming to see the changes for yourself. To parents, get involved and stay involved, we challenge you to be a part of the solution to the problems that you experienced. It's all happening here at Potomac Prep!

Posted July 29, 2014
Change is excellent ! I was about to take my daughter out of Potomac for three great school. But a lady around my way spoke highly on Dr. Whitehood. She said she going turn your daughter school around . So far by being a acted parent I see first hand what the vision is for Potomac. So the negative comments about the old School need to stop. So team Change

Posted July 28, 2014
The school is ENTIRELY new and improved! don't TAKE MY WORD for it..go and take a tour for yourself! AWESOME STAFF AWESOME PLACE 2 SEND YOUR KIDS

Potomac Preparatory PCS 4

Posted May 02, 2014
I have 3 children at this school. I love the close relationship that I have with their teachers. They can call or text for anything concerning my children. The strength of discipline is really showing this year and I can see the growth in my kids as well. The school is about to have a new Principal for the new school year. I hope he/she fits in well and helps to uplift the administrative side.

Posted April 24, 2014
It's always hard to see a great school plagued by the references of a few angry parents. I have been incredibly impressed with the education that my child has received this year. Moving from his old school, I have seen a huge difference in his performance and I know it' s due to the strong team at PLPCS. The Principal is sort of absent from the school but other than that the teachers and the other administrators in the building are always helpful and they return my calls right away. I couldn't be happier that my child attends this school. i do wish they had more sports programs though.

Posted January 14, 2014
They administrative staff is receptive to a point. But there is one teacher that seems to have a real problem with the girls and favor the boys especially when the boy is tormenting or hitting the girls. The administrative staff will not address it.

Posted November 06, 2013
This school gets a 0! My grandson was not allowed to share his birthday cupcakes with classmates!

Posted November 03, 2013
The school is so different this year than in previous years. My daughter is in middle school and she absolutely loves it. The teachers are amazing and the school really feels like a different place. They definitely got tough on discipline which is a good thing because now my daughter says she rarely sees any misbehavior which is helping her focus better. She loves what she is learning and they also have new specials as well. I think they've done a great job.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school is ridiculous, do not send your kids there. Very unorganized, cant keep teachers, suspend kids for basically nothing. Most staff is there only to get a check they dont care about the kids. Cant keep a bus company to transport the kids back and forth to schoool. They got the teachers driving the bus. Do not send your kids there.

Posted September 25, 2013
Potomac Lighthouse PCS suspended my grandson for two days because he had an accident. He's not yet 3 yrs old. They left him in a bathroom stall for at least 15 minutes while his father made a frantic dash to collect him. The child cried all night. I cannot believe any preschool program could be more barbarian than this school!

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Potomac Preparatory PCS
4401 8th Street Northeast, Washington, DC  20017
Last modified Potomac Preparatory PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Potomac Preparatory PCS Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.