Public charter
Washington, DC
Before care: Yes

Posted December 08, 2014
Potomac prep is the school you should consider for your children . its now under new leadership of people who actually care about teaching and motivating our kids to succeed now and into the future .the climate is warm nurturing and engaging .DR.WHITEHOOD and HER STAFF have put together a school model and structure thats helping them to achieve beyond just academics. its motivating our kids to becomes leaders .contact the school to allow you first hand to see for yourself that this school has and will set the standards for our future leaders

Posted December 08, 2014
After researching several schools, applying and receiving multiple offers, I declined all in acceptance for the opportunity to be under the leadership of Dr. White-Hood and to be a part of the turnaround at Potomac Preparatory. When professional development started in July, I knew that this was going to be a new school, new culture and new pride. Suspension rates are minimal, attendance has improved, parent involvement has increased and teacher commitment is at an all-time high. I fully believe in Dr. White-Hood and her vision for this school. I am also realistic in the fact that a turnaround is going to take time. From the previous condition of the school, full change is not going to happen overnight and we are asking for the time to make that change happen.

Posted December 05, 2014
I am so impressed with the changes that have been taking place here a Potomac Prep. I can finally say I am proud of where I work. #donotrevokePPPCS
5 people found this helpful

Potomac Preparatory PCS 4

Posted December 05, 2014
I have been a Pre-K teacher here since 2012. I can admit that Potomac Lighthouse PCS WAS a failing school. One thing that I am proud of and remains true today is that preschool/prekindergarten has been amazingly strong since implementation of our curriculum Every Child Ready in 2012. We ARE preparing scholars for academic excellence and success. We ARE strengthening our instruction and our data reflects that the growth of our scholars is impressive. I can wholeheartedly attest that Potomac Preparatory PCS is NOTHING like Potomac Lighthouse. We had a rebirth. Our current leader, Dr. Marian White-Hood has stepped in and stepped it up! In the short span of time from August until now, our school has become a REAL SCHOOL. We're on a road to success, our momentum is now, please do not block our progress. Allow us to grow, allow us to shine, allow us to change the world, one scholar at a time. It is saddening to read the earlier post from a current staff member, I do not know THEIR experience, but from MY experience, Potomac Preparatory is awesome; and if given the chance we will only get better!
5 people found this helpful

Potomac Preparatory PCS 1

Posted December 05, 2014
This school is an absolute joke. The charter, administration, and overall culture of the institution are deeply flawed and overall does the students a grave injustice. Children will be better off in almost any other charter school and most public schools. To the charter board, I call you, as an educator and an advocate for the children, to shut this 'school' down!

Posted December 03, 2014
I love this school my kids are so excited to come to school each day!
3 people found this helpful

Posted December 01, 2014
Potomac Prep is an awesome school. My child has attended this school since the 4th grade and he is now in the 7th grade. My student has made substantial educational gains. He come home every day bragging about what he has learned and I can see improvement in his character. I pray that Potomac is able to stay open. #donotrevokepppcs #dcpcsb
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 01, 2014
I have been a staff member of Potomac for approximately 3 years. I am very proud to say that this year, under a new leadership we have made tremendous gains toward excellence. I have seen a major change in school culture, parent engagement and curriculum. While I know that the schools 10 year review is based on previous years with (Lighthouse), I have no doubt that if we continue under the leadership of Dr. White-Hood our school will make substantial gains. As a proud Potomac Purple Tiger...... Please #donotrevokepppcs #dcpcsb
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 01, 2014
Potomac Prep, has become the ideal school to help my shy introverted 5 year old blossom out of her shell. The faculty and guidance has allowed my daughter to achieve, gain confidence and excel in her school work and socially. The staff is great and the climate is conducive to learning. This is what a charter school should be doing, giving a child the tools to becoming great young scholars. Great Job PPPCS!!!!! AAA+++
3 people found this helpful

Posted November 24, 2014
Potomac Preparatory PCS is a great school! Our students are intelligent, talented, and deserving of our school like Potomac Prep. Our school has an arts-integration focus which means our students are able to show off they artistic abilities in poetry, visual arts, music, and drama. We deserve a chance to serve the students of DC and give the parents a different choice, a better choice.
4 people found this helpful

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Potomac Preparatory PCS
4401 8th Street Northeast, Washington, DC  20017
Last modified Potomac Preparatory PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Potomac Preparatory PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top