Posted June 20, 2014
My daughter just completed Pre-K at Miner and we've been very satisfied with our experience at the school. My daughter has had an excellent teacher and teaching assistant and has grown tremendously in her two years in the early childhood program. Despite what we hear about the school from neighbors who don't attend, I feel very fortunate to be a part of this school's community. I would encourage anyone interested to look beyond the test scores, talk with the teachers, visit the school and then make a decision about whether or not it's the right place for your child. There's a growing PTO and a great desire to have families involved.

Miner Elementary School 5

Posted July 12, 2012
i am a former student at Miner i went there sense i was about 3 years old and graduate about 3 years ago the teachers are great and fun and attending there made me experience alot of fun and interesting things : )

Miner Elementary School 0

Posted September 30, 2009
Miner has improved drastically over the past three years. I am a former student at Miner and I really appreciated the direction that the new principal has taken the school. Academically, the pricnipal has put good teachers in place to really teach our children. the school has really changed for the better.

Posted February 06, 2009
The turn over rate is high. However the activities and academics are still challenging for most kids. Some teachers are new but show great promise. My kids cry when they have to stay home on sick days.

Miner Elementary School 0

Posted May 21, 2008
Miner have change since Mrs,Tilman left.I have 4 kids attending Miner now and we need it all.New princpal and some new teacher.The parents make Miner education fun to the kids.

Miner Elementary School 2

Posted October 25, 2006
The academic program at the school has fallen tremendously since the retirement of the former principal, Mrs. Tillman. Although the level of parent evolvement remains the same this isn't the same school in which I enrolled my child in last year. The grounds were extremely secured and monitored at all times and there was a 100% security check upon entering the school.Recently I have walked on the premises several times and wasn't required or asked to present and ID. I am very disappointed in the new methods and the lax behavior of the faculty. Hopefully this is just an adjustment process.

Posted August 18, 2005
I have been dealing with Miner ES since 1992 when my son attending and now I have a daughter entering 6th grade. I absolutely love the school and the principal is a fair, no-nonsense administrator who provides so many outlets to improve learning. I really wish some of the parents who have children there would appreciate the school and what she has accomplished over the years a little more.

Miner Elementary School 5

Posted September 09, 2003
My children have not been at miner long, but so far they really like going to school in the morning. The teachers at this school have only the childs best interest in mind, and so they encourage the parents to get involved in their children's education.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Miner Elementary School
601 15th Street Northeast, Washington, DC  20002
Last modified Miner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miner Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.