Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Agree

The students are taught self respect and about morals and principles. Integrity and respect are giving to the students where in turn they learn to give those same qualities back to others.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are always available and supportive of the students and parents. the interaction they have with each individual is amazing.

Amount of homework: Neutral

I sometimes feel the kids should have more homework assignments then they do. There have been times my son has come home with no homework at all, I feel the kids should have homework every night, except when they are doing state testing.

This is my sons second year at Woodson and he loves his school as do I. The staff are caring respectful and always available. He has learned so much and his grades continue to improve.

I wish i can give this school 0 stars but sadly i can't.I am a new student at H.D. Woodson and this school is already stressing me out. One thing i will like to say is the teachers are so rude i recall one of my teachers using the n-word and talking about students.But that's not the only thing that they do,they will also give you grades that you never earn because they can't put it into the system.One of my counselors messed up my attendance and grades because they do not know how to communicate with the students,parents, or teachers.Many times i went up to the office to correct it but they wouldn't listen and they looked at me like I was crazy.I am determine to leave out this school so i can get a better education and have staff and teachers that communicates very with the parents and listen to the students concerns.I would not recommend this school to the students that wants to thrive and be successful because they will never give you the tool you need to reach that goal.Now i have to straighten out the disaster and confusion that they put on my record and no one seems to know how it got there.

My son is a 9th grader at HD Woodson and its not the best school on earth in terms of structure and academics- they dont even give students homework. However, my son is a 4.0 student who wants to make the best of his neighborhood school. Despite the violence and confusion that can be found anywhere, he decides to make independent decisions and take advantage of every program and activity they have to offer. He's sucking up all the scholarships the school has to offer since they are not many students who care. There is certainly little to no competition between students who want to learn. This is why I have him in additional activities outside the school to challenge him and prepare him for college.

this is the best school ever i love how kids are doing there work being succsefull

hello i am not a parent at this school yet but my child will be attending there in 20012 as a 9th grader i just want some info about this school i see that this is for my child .i am excited for my child to attend there.

I use to attend HD when it was on Baline street NE and I would like for my daughter to attend my old High School.

Last modified H.D. Woodson High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.