Posted May 16, 2014
If you're looking for a great school then its JO Wilson for its diversity, warm environment and education. They have countless programs and clubs for my children and the teachers and staff are awesome. They go above and beyond for their students and families. I love JO!

J.O. Wilson Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2014
My child loves this school! She loves going to school and has made solid friendships and admires her teacher. She has excelled in her reading and has developed in her arts and crafts. The school is great and the new principal is a amazing, and is really focused on each student's success. Once you meet her you will understand...Go Cardinals!

Posted April 30, 2014
Every year we are more pleased with JO Wilson. The new Principle is wonderful and the sense of community is unmatched. New enhancements to the curriculum and after school opportunities continue to expand., making JO Wilson a truly exceptional choice for our children.

Posted April 29, 2014
JO Wilson is the hidden gem of Capitol Hill elementary schools. With faculty who are focused on the success of every child and a positive focus on learning, students excel. My second grader is reading well above her grade level and continues to thrive in math. Teachers have actively worked to keep her challenged and engaged, providing her (and her classmates) with new and innovative opportunities to learn more.

Posted April 29, 2014
When I put my two children in JO Wilson 3 years ago, I knew instantly that there was something magical about that school. My kids moved to JO from a private international school and transitioned easily into the JO community. There are so many teachers there for whom teaching is a calling and not a job. They love our kids profoundly and give them much more than just classroom instruction. Our kids feel safe, loved and cherished as they move through the halls, state of the art dance studio, after school yoga and karate classes, world class playground and French after school club. JO continues to improve exponentially, and I am increasingly satisfied with the educational opportunities my children are receiving.

Posted April 22, 2014
J. O. WILSON IS AN EXCELLENT SCHOOL WHERE CHILDREN ARE ALWAYS FIRST. A GREAT PLACE TO LEARN.

Posted April 21, 2014
I have been a parent of the school for the last three years and I have nothing but great things to say. The teachers are motivated and exceptional and the parents are involved in every aspect of the school. I have seen much growth in the school as each years passes. I am excited to see what lies ahead. Great teachers make great students which make great communities.

Posted April 18, 2014
We've been at J O Wilson since my son entered the PS-3 class and now he's in first grade. With each year, it seemed to get better. The parents that are involved in the PTA, continues to build a community in support of the children and families at the school. The teachers at the school are exceptional and I have seen such growth in my child.

J.O. Wilson Elementary School 4

Posted November 22, 2013
I'm am a huge fan of this school! Initially, I was just passing though and expected to move my child to another school after PK based on one of the reviews, but it has grown so much since that time and continues to be an interactive, fun, community-based environment for me and a place where my child thrives and loves learning! I have had great experiences since we've been here; child is in K now. Love Ms. Moore and Ms. Casper!

Posted May 16, 2013
My son has been a student at J.O. WIlson since he was 3 years old and he is now 7. I love that Wilson has teachers who are willing to go above and beyond to push the students to strive for excellence. My son is in the first grade reading at a third reading level. They have an excellent afterschool program, where they have to start or complete part of the homework assignments, extra curricular activities such as soccer, cheerleading, drama club, etc. I love the parent, teacher, staff and community partnership we have at J.O. Wilson. We are like a family here. I am excited about my 3 year old attending school here in August. I am sure it will a great experience as it is with my oldest.

Contact Information

660 K Street Northeast
Washington, DC 20002

School website

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

J.O. Wilson Elementary School
660 K Street Northeast, Washington, DC  20002
Last modified J.O. Wilson Elementary School is a public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J.O. Wilson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.