Posted May 05, 2014
I want to support what the poster from February 13, 2014 said about the likelihood of some graduates struggling in college and dropping out. I know of a student who has been led to believe that a) she can graduate from college and b) she will be able to pay for it. In reality, she will have great difficulty accomplishing either one. This is a good kid who works hard and doesn't deserve this. The school simply isn't working with the student to make a realistic plan and the student is being set up to fail. This suggests to me that the school administration is so intent on building up its college enrollment stats that they just don't care whether some students succeed in the long run. This school may be a wonderful place for a high-achieving student but it appears that kids who need a lot of extra help are fed unrealistic expectations. Be cautious.

Posted February 13, 2014
Are you a high-achieving student? Like most public schools, ones assessment primarily depends on the student. If a child is motivated, gifted, working hard, involved in honors/advanced placement classes, engaged in academic extracurricular activities, and/or have mentors from church and/or school, THEY WILL DO VERY WELL. However, this school will stretch so much to help struggling students that the grades for the normal none-AP/honors students don't reflect their REAL capabilities. Thus, in college they will struggle or likely fail/drop out. FCAPCS needs to actually hold students accountable - this will help them in the long run. Friendship is an amazing environment but they it is very hard on teachers because it requires such a high commitment level to help these kids succeed. Many teachers can't survive it - they need more support from administration, primarily by holding kids accountable.

Posted October 04, 2013
I work at Friendship Public Charter and I'm amazed at the investment in Technology. There are Chromebooks available in every classroom and Chromeboxes. I know of no other schools that invest so much in ensuring that their students have 21st century technology so they are ready for college and career.

Posted December 12, 2012
I use to work here for a year and then i moved to another school. It's too crowed, and it's sad that you have to bag check and pat down each student that walk through the door. Kids will skip class and hang outside the gym and fool around. Teachers are about the same age as the kids and they let them hang around and joke instead of leaning. Just because some kids graduate and get scholarships doesn't make this school better than any other school. And if "Your child gets a scholarship please know that it's because one they have awards from the time they started, two their test scores are above, three they play sports. Don't let this name fool you. It's just a average DC school! And come on now five stars really think about 5 ratings out of 1.2 million.

Friendship Collegiate Academy PCS 4

Posted August 27, 2010
I am a parent of 2 friendship students who have been attending the Collegiate Academy since 9th grade. I Love that School! Both girls take nearly all AP classes and are strong participants in all school activities. I strongly recommend a school that has continuous open door policies -- early morning, after school and weekend tutoring. Many opportunities to participate in early college courses and activities. People can say what they want about charter schools, but I am a firm believer and witness of Friendship Collegiate making a difference in our kids lives. More parents should take the time to get involved in the school and activities involving the school for our children. I look forward to a successfuly and rewarding 2010/2011 school year! I have never seen a class of students "2011" that are all so involved with each other as individuals.

Posted May 03, 2010
My first child graduated in 2008, soon one in 2011, and another in 2012. Not a perfect school but improving daily. Crowded because of it's reputation and parents/students seeking alternatives in DC. Will never be as good as it can unless parents involve themselves in building it.

Posted April 29, 2010

Posted March 18, 2010
i agree with this student .this school is great.my daughter kiesha goes there and shes passing all her classes and the principal really has the school in check!Kiesha`s test scores are excellent and she really loves that school and shes in the 9th grade.i would recommend this school to any parent sending there child to high school.I mean its just an awsome school!! i love it and my child loves it.

Posted March 16, 2010
Hello i am a student who use to attened Friendship Collegiate Academy. I personaly thank that this school is not a grate school because its to over crowed and that the school (people in chagre) is to worried about money, and politics and not the education that us young adults will need to make our dreams come true. I personally think that any public school no matter where it is will always be better then a charter school

Posted February 07, 2010
my oldest son graduated from this school 3 yrs ago, my second oldest will graduate this yr., my third oldest will now have to leave this school, my 4th oldest will never attend because the crime in the area has overcome this school, it is far too over crowded, it has become a business and is no longer a safe haven I remember when I was in school it was always a safe haven

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Friendship Collegiate Academy PCS
4095 Minnesota Avenue, NE, Washington, DC  20019
Last modified Friendship Collegiate Academy PCS is a Charter school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Friendship Collegiate Academy PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.