School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Each and every day I am inspired by the ability, tenacity, and excellence of the students and staff here at KIPP DC: WILL Academy. We truly set the bar for public education high and each day we continue to prove the possible . I am so proud to be a part of the team and family at WILL Academy.
May 24, 2011

Bad
Good

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal at will academy is a joke. She ignored concerns and requests but once you're angry she and you for being outspoken. I'm not a weak parent. And I work for DCPS so I know the game

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school is confused on how a school should be ran. THIS ISNT A PRISON! Children are becoming angry at this place. My son tells me how kids even want to fight the principal. I really have seen in three years, my sons enthusiasm for school change. So he has to go. Kipp isn't for the kids they're for them selves. One field trip in three years? No awards assembly's, no activities..NOTHING BUT DISCIPLINE

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Teachers treat kids like prisoners or as if they're beneath them. One teacher told my son she drives way too far to answer a question again. They don't get back with parents when they have concerns or questions and none of them really want the child to succeed. How do I know because each of them act as if they're trained to be rude and petty

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My Son was bullied twice in one month and suspended each time because he fought back. This is the worst school with the worst staff and principal. Their judgment is ridiculous. They do not care about what's going on they just have a no hot policy that they care about. So you child can get followed, threatened to be killed, harassed and if your child is hot and hits back they're going to suspend your kid and cause them to have record even when they've called me and told me someone threatened to kill my child and made a fake instagram page about him calling him gay. He was followed in the bathroom but YET my son has to suffer consequences of having a suspension record. I hate Kipp. Save your kid if you don't want their happiness to be robbed of them

I have a 7th and 8th grader who are doing exceptionally well. My kids have always maintained good grades, so I am happy I enrolled them in Will because they're doing better than ever. My 8th grader has been offered a slot in two of the top public high schools in DC. Excellent school! I love the Principal, Ms. Mosley!! and the hardworking teachers. Very happy parent.

I use to attend KIPP DC: WILL Academy and I really loved it. KIPP prepared me really well. I now attend one of the highest performing private schools in the nation. I couldn't have done it with out KIPP and the abundance of opportunities they provided me.

I am currently an 8th grade student at KIPP DC Will Academy , and I do appreciate the hard work and dedication my teachers put in our work !

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted May 24, 2011

This school has been a wonderful experience and has offered my child so many wonderful leadership oppurtunties. He was a good student when he started KIPP but he was transformed into an excellent student. A multitude of opportunities were opened up for him. He participated in leadership conferences, he worked for his oppurtunties including the oppurtunity to attend the school out of town trips, he had the oppurtunity to test for and attend private schools, it was just an amazing experience and I am ready to start it all over again with my second child. This school is know for taken children as much as 2 years below grade level and elevating them to on and above grade level. I love this school the only drawback is that the school does have a high teacher turnover because teachers may be at this school for 1-2 years and go to another KIPP DC school. If you are looking for a school were the teachers have been there for 20 years, this is not the school for you. This is the school for you If you are looking for a school that provides an excellent curriculm and test scores, and the oppurtunity for your student to grow.

I am a Kipp Will parent with 2 middle-schoolers attending. In spite of what you may have already read - - Kipp Will has the highest and only improving test scores of the Kipp Middle School campuses and of all DCPS middle schools in Washington DC. The school is focuss is no excuses and all WILL go on to College. Both of my children have behavioural disorders and the school administration and teachers have rallied around my children and have worked with me to provide to the best possible education for them. In spite of the struggles, the commute and many hours of homework I wouldn't have my children attend any other school in DC.

Last modified KIPP DC WILL Academy - PCS is a Charter school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.