Public charter
Washington, DC
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Each and every day I am inspired by the ability, tenacity, and excellence of the students and staff here at KIPP DC: WILL Academy. We truly set the bar for public education high and each day we continue to prove the possible . I am so proud to be a part of the team and family at WILL Academy.
May 24, 2011

Posted February 27, 2014
I use to attend KIPP DC: WILL Academy and I really loved it. KIPP prepared me really well. I now attend one of the highest performing private schools in the nation. I couldn't have done it with out KIPP and the abundance of opportunities they provided me.

Posted November 29, 2012
I am currently an 8th grade student at KIPP DC Will Academy , and I do appreciate the hard work and dedication my teachers put in our work !

Posted March 16, 2011
This school has been a wonderful experience and has offered my child so many wonderful leadership oppurtunties. He was a good student when he started KIPP but he was transformed into an excellent student. A multitude of opportunities were opened up for him. He participated in leadership conferences, he worked for his oppurtunties including the oppurtunity to attend the school out of town trips, he had the oppurtunity to test for and attend private schools, it was just an amazing experience and I am ready to start it all over again with my second child. This school is know for taken children as much as 2 years below grade level and elevating them to on and above grade level. I love this school the only drawback is that the school does have a high teacher turnover because teachers may be at this school for 1-2 years and go to another KIPP DC school. If you are looking for a school were the teachers have been there for 20 years, this is not the school for you. This is the school for you If you are looking for a school that provides an excellent curriculm and test scores, and the oppurtunity for your student to grow.

Posted September 16, 2010
I am a Kipp Will parent with 2 middle-schoolers attending. In spite of what you may have already read - - Kipp Will has the highest and only improving test scores of the Kipp Middle School campuses and of all DCPS middle schools in Washington DC. The school is focuss is no excuses and all WILL go on to College. Both of my children have behavioural disorders and the school administration and teachers have rallied around my children and have worked with me to provide to the best possible education for them. In spite of the struggles, the commute and many hours of homework I wouldn't have my children attend any other school in DC.

KIPP DC PCS: WILL Academy 0

Posted September 30, 2009
Has the highest test score in the city. Total child education. Positive learning environment. Very supportive. Children excell!

Find the great schools in Washington DC

KIPP DC PCS: WILL Academy
421 P Street, NW, Washington, DC  20001
Last modified KIPP DC PCS: WILL Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
KIPP DC PCS: WILL Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top