Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

How can I sum this school up in 10 words or less........................................This schools sucks!! Don't even bother send your child there.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are too young and they're just there for a check. They need to hire more seasoned teachers to mix it up and mentor to the younger teachers

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school was ok when I started, principal called you back in a timely manner(NOT NOW) and teachers were pretty good( just a tad bit of advice- keep in constant contact with your child teacher it makes a difference. Now the teachers are young and appear to only be their for the check. My children were also injured at MMB and both times I was not contacted by the school. I have to agree with the other parent, the teachers yell at the students like they are irritating them. If your child currently attends this school always ask them how their day went. I would NEVER recommend this school to ANYONE.

The teachers yell at the students all the time and they cover up accendents that your child have I have been at this school for 3 years both of my kids have been seriously hurt to the point surgery have been involved and they did I nothing they never do anything even when u complain nothing happens the principal doesn't care and he does nothing my kids feel unsafe at this school and I withdrew them early please beware of this school DO NOT ENROLL UR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL if you love ur child do not bring them here

We entered the unified lottery this year and got offered a place at Bethune. I tried numerous times to call them to enroll at the school and no one ever called me back. When I finally got through to a person to ask about how I would enroll the person hung up on me. I enrolled elsewhere. The administration is incompetent.

My son has been a scholar here since PreK-3 and has truly blossomed into a critical thinker that is caring, self-driven, and has zeal for learning. My son is now an 8th grader and I am beyond satisfied with the quality of education that he has received at MMBDA. The school leadership is phenomenal, implementing the IB program, problem-based learning, and the arts. My son started in the Spanish-Immersion Program at 3 years old, and is quite proficient and has been accepted to one of the highest performing high schools in the city. I have recruited family members, neighbors, and friends to Mary McLeod Bethune Day Academy and they are also impressed with the school's impact on their children academically and socially. I rate MMBDA with 5 Stars. Thanks for the difference you have made in my son's life.

This school is incapable of professionalism. Do not send your child here. There's a serious bullying issue against the children that want to excel and the children that don't (which is 90% of the school population). I don't see great things for this school, its unfortunate because I had such high hopes for this school. My child will be leaving at the end of this year.

My son has attended MMBDA for the past three years and my younger son will start in the fall of 2014. Even though my kids hear Spanish at home, I noticed a definite uptick in their spoken Spanish after my oldest entered the school and my oldest is reading at least two grade levels above his current grade. I'm thrilled with the diversity of the teachers and I've been very pleased with the commitment and responsiveness of the administration. My hope is that more parents will become involved with the school as they enroll their children, adding their time and talent to the mix for the benefit of all the students and our community.

It is so obvious that the great reviews are written by the school administration more than likely the Executive Director. This school is one of the worst in the city. I don't understand how they remain open. Grades are NOT earned, the children are bad, there are no books and the building is cold during the winter. MY child has told me stories of classmates being extremely disrespectful to teachers, cursing and trying to fight them, and nothing was done about it. Bullying is a serious issue and it never gets addressed. Students are just socially promoted without grasping everything throughout the school year. The test scores are horrible too. Do not send your child to this school. the neighborhood is pretty and that's it. I would never enroll my child here again!

My children attend MMB Day Academy for over 5 years. My daughter graduated from MMB 2009. I love this school. My kids hate it because they force them to work hard. Grades are EARNED, not GIVEN. Uniform strong required. Only thing I don't like are simple little things can get you suspended. Some parents can be tough on the teachers about their children, but, sometimes we need to accept that are kids act different from home than at school.

Last modified Mary McLeod Bethune Day Academy PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.