Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

Posted October 21, 2015
How can I sum this school up in 10 words or less........................................This schools sucks!! Don't even bother send your child there.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 08, 2015
The teachers are too young and they're just there for a check. They need to hire more seasoned teachers to mix it up and mentor to the younger teachers

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 08, 2015
The school was ok when I started, principal called you back in a timely manner(NOT NOW) and teachers were pretty good( just a tad bit of advice- keep in constant contact with your child teacher it makes a difference. Now the teachers are young and appear to only be their for the check. My children were also injured at MMB and both times I was not contacted by the school. I have to agree with the other parent, the teachers yell at the students like they are irritating them. If your child currently attends this school always ask them how their day went. I would NEVER recommend this school to ANYONE.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
The teachers yell at the students all the time and they cover up accendents that your child have I have been at this school for 3 years both of my kids have been seriously hurt to the point surgery have been involved and they did I nothing they never do anything even when u complain nothing happens the principal doesn't care and he does nothing my kids feel unsafe at this school and I withdrew them early please beware of this school DO NOT ENROLL UR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL if you love ur child do not bring them here

Posted May 26, 2014
We entered the unified lottery this year and got offered a place at Bethune. I tried numerous times to call them to enroll at the school and no one ever called me back. When I finally got through to a person to ask about how I would enroll the person hung up on me. I enrolled elsewhere. The administration is incompetent.

Mary McLeod Bethune Day Academy PCS 5

Posted April 28, 2014
My son has been a scholar here since PreK-3 and has truly blossomed into a critical thinker that is caring, self-driven, and has zeal for learning. My son is now an 8th grader and I am beyond satisfied with the quality of education that he has received at MMBDA. The school leadership is phenomenal, implementing the IB program, problem-based learning, and the arts. My son started in the Spanish-Immersion Program at 3 years old, and is quite proficient and has been accepted to one of the highest performing high schools in the city. I have recruited family members, neighbors, and friends to Mary McLeod Bethune Day Academy and they are also impressed with the school's impact on their children academically and socially. I rate MMBDA with 5 Stars. Thanks for the difference you have made in my son's life.

Posted April 10, 2014
This school is incapable of professionalism. Do not send your child here. There's a serious bullying issue against the children that want to excel and the children that don't (which is 90% of the school population). I don't see great things for this school, its unfortunate because I had such high hopes for this school. My child will be leaving at the end of this year.

1404 Jackson Street Northeast, Washington, DC  20017
Last modified Mary McLeod Bethune Day Academy PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.