Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 11, 2016
No, this place is a bonfied day care center. Students get away with everything. Walk out of class, curse out teachers, hit other students, all with no consequences

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 11, 2016
How could they possibly. Students are allowed to beat each other up and get a 5 minute time out and sent back to class.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 11, 2016
No, they don't care about the students who are struggling or need help. They don't comply with IEP's at all. Don't let them lie to you.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted November 27, 2015
1st yr parent getting the feel of the place but I am vocal parent and it is understood what I expect for mine

Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS 4

Posted November 27, 2015
My child is in his 1st year at the middle school the teachers my child has dealings with understand that I expect just as much from them as they expect from me as a parent I have spoken on issues with the the Principal as well as support staff and all concerns have been addressed and corrected I came into the situation with an overstanding that children will get out of hand my child had a bullying incident that was handled right away I like what I see for the most part but I remember what most forget I am the employer and the staff are the employees

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 24, 2015
Ms. Humphries was a great teacher; I was sorry to learn that she left, because I know she made a great impact on my grandson excelling in reading.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 24, 2015
My grandson has homework every night and it can be challenging. Therefore, I feel it just enough to keep him thinking. More thinking and less tv.

Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS 4

Posted October 24, 2015
My grandson have attended this school for the last 2 years (kindergarten and 1st grade). He is learning and can read better than other children older than him. I was especially impressed when I picked him up one day and asked him what did he learn today and he said " I have 206 bones". Most adults do not know this. Keep up the good work achievement prep. In addition, I would like to add that the children do have gym and a play ground. Moreover, they are in the process of building a new campus. This new campus with have a state of the art playground.

Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS 1

Posted June 02, 2015
I taught at the Mississippi Avenue Elementary campus during the 2014-2015 school year. I would not recommend Achievement Prep to any parents seeking a school for their children or to any teachers seeking employment. The teaching/learning environment at this school is deplorable. Parents, beware, this is a place that is physically and emotionally unsafe for your child. Teachers, beware, students can hit you, kick you, scratch you, bite you, and curse you out on Monday morning then turn around and do it again on Tuesday. The level of physically dangerous and even violent behavior here is frightening, to say the least. The scholars with a desire to learn often complain of feeling sad, frustrated, and even angry because the outrageously unruly and disruptive behaviors of their classmates impede their learning. The teachers here work extremely hard and try their best, but they receive very little support from the administration. Morale and school spirit are low, yet stress and frustrations are high. The school leaders are young and inexperienced and lack the knowledge and ability to successfully operate a school east of the Anacostia River. The people that run this place should be ashamed of themselves for doing such a disservice to the scholars and their families. As an educator and a parent, I was absolutely disgusted with what I observed and experienced at this school. Our children deserve to be educated in a safe and friendly environment that is conducive to learning. Achievement Prep is not that.

Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS 1

Posted November 05, 2014
I will never understand how a school that does not have GYM, ART, MUSIC, FOREIGN LANGUAGE or a SUITABLE PLAYGROUND is considered a Tier 1 school. Bullying is accepted and there is a revolving door for staff to come and go. The school also advertised diversity when I originally applied, however it is 100% Black. One of my child's teachers gave my child a Thank You note with Misspelled words...WTHeck!!! My goodness, they don't even teach the students how to write in cursive to prepare for high school. This school is a nightmare that is even infested with ROACHES!!! WARNING: During state wide testing, the students get a whole week and a half of HALF-DAYS...they gave parents a WEEK notice! The expectations of the students are higher than STAFF expectations! I could go on and on...Just beware!!!

Find the great schools in Washington DC

1500 Mississippi Ave, SE, Washington, DC  20032
Last modified Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS is a Charter school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top