Posted July 04, 2014
APA is working to make a difference in a tough community. As a teacher there I am honored to be part of this school. Our goal is to close the achievement gap for our scholars. I have worked at 2 other charter schools before coming to APA and APA is by far setting the bar much, much higher. This is my second year there and this past year has been a rough year as the school grew and we had new leadership, but the school has responded and it does not take ways from the great things we do each day. APA is the real deal - we do what we say. That isn't always popular but it changes lives of our scholars. Our graduates attend some of the best schools in the city and a few are in boarding schools across the country. That is what great schools do. Is it always perfect - no. But no place is. I love the work we do and appreciate that a school like APA exists for our families.

Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS 2

Posted July 02, 2014
My child was there for two years and in the first year it was okay. I figured it was an adjustment period. SO the second year she went to sixth grade and it was the worst year ever. That zero tolerance policy for BULLYING is NULL AND VOID... My daughter was bullied and nothing was really done. Then because she had to defend herself she got suspended, but when the problem started the school did nothing to stop it. I will say the teachers that left I do miss them because they cared about my daughter. Some where let go because of nonsense. You can't hire people and think they are going to do a great job in the beginning. But that doesn't mean get rid of your staff that has already done a great job. The teachers don't communicate well with parents or each other, there is no real discipline, and since the principal moved from one school to the other the middle school kids are so disrespectful. I think they should try it again and this time bring in someone that knows how to discipline the kids in a respectful way but letting them know school is no joke at the same time. It can be done. It was done the first year my daughter was there.

Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS 1

Posted May 19, 2014
What they will try and say is that teachers that have left or are leaving don't care about the children. That could not be farther from the truth. After two years you see through all the smoke screens and start to realize that this place has a shiny exterior with stats and scores to make any teacher think it's better. Then you watch your colleagues suffer physically and emotionally- the resignations a regular activity and then those who are still there take the backlash. Turnover is "explained" away but the truth is that it's unhealthy, unstable and those in leadership have stated that they can make anyone a teacher in their model. If that's the case, find someone that doesn't mind low morale and lower pay with much longer hours. It's a shame for the students. They're missing those relationships that are critical at this age.

Posted April 08, 2014
This school is awesome! The teachers and staff are amazing. i wouldn't want to send my scholar anywhere else.

Posted April 08, 2014
I LOVE APA!!! Highly recommend this school! The teachers are great the kids are awesome!

Posted April 08, 2014
Great school... great teachers... great overall kindergarten! UMASS rocks. i love Ms. Humphries and Ms Griffen

Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS 4

Posted April 08, 2014
Achievement Preparatory Academy is an excellent school, which invests in children without excuse. They offer multiple means of supporting your child to reach their full potential when they are not quite on grade level. They hold parents accountable which fosters a safer learning environment. I appreciate the consistency of the teachers and staff. They expect respect and are seen giving respect regularly to our children.

Posted April 08, 2014
I am writing about this school because I want to know what my kids are doing and how they are doing,this school informs the parent on everything. I love that. We moved to this area this year I was nervous my kids would not fit in but the teachers get ever child on the same page with the week preparation before school starts. The teachers r real dedicated and focused on the children.

Posted April 07, 2014
AP is a great school that continually strives to be better and better. The teaching staff is very dedicated and committed to seeing the scholars do well and succeed in life. At times I forget I am talking to my daughter s teacher, if feels like I am talking to a family friend. My only real complaint is that there is no AP high school.

Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS 4

Posted April 07, 2014
This ia a Great school. My son has been enrolled here for 2 yrs now. He has learned so much. Some things that should improve within the school are after school activities. I don't feel as though they have enough. Other then that I feel that APA is a wonderful school

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS
1500 Mississippi Ave, SE, Washington, DC  20032
Last modified Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS is a Charter school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Achievement Preparatory Academy PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.