Posted September 22, 2013
I have 3 children there. It is an excellent environment for learning. The small class rooms provide a more intimate structure for learning, with one on one as needed. The principle believes in learning out of the classroom as well. The diverse staff celebrates each child uniqueness and learning styles. The curriculum is excellent and above average.

Posted September 22, 2013
I currently have 3 students in the High school from grades 9th to 11th. The staff, teachers, principle, and the families show compassion and an abundance of support. The cultural competency of the teachers celebrates each families diversity and differences in a welcoming fashion. The commitment from the teachers has created a stable learning environment that promotes curiosity which has broaden their scope of learning. I am extremely happy with my children s learning and social environment.

Posted September 20, 2013
I am a proud CCPCS parent! We have two boys, our oldest was part of the first graduating students and our second child is currently a senior. CCPCS was a blessing to our family, both our boys are different learners with different challenges, CCPCS worked with them as individual and taught them how to become advocates and out of the box thinkers. The teachers are incredible role models; I ve worked with them closely to help the progress of our boys learning experience. They go above and beyond, with emails of updates, friendly text reminders. The teachers are committed and care for our future.

Posted September 20, 2013
We are very lucky to have our children attend Captial City Public Charter School. The High School is in a brand new state of the art facility, the teachers and staff are incredibly dedicated and highly trained, and the kids are actively engaged in hands on learning every step of the way. I attended a field trip to Capitol Hill with the 11th grade History class where they met with staffers about working for a Representative, toured the Capital, and debated pressing issues of the day. The kids were amazing and I thought most students wouldnt have such high level learning experiences in college, let alone in 11th grade.

Capital City PCS - High School 4

Posted September 19, 2013
My daughter came to Cap City in High School and is really doing well academically and enjoys the school. She is pushed to try new subjects and after years of hating to write she is now in AP Eng. Cap City brings out the scholar in its students for sure. Thank you Ms. Reaves and all the other administrators and teachers for a wonderful 2013 and we look forward to a better 2014!

Posted September 19, 2013
Our daughter has been at Capital City for 11 years , studied in three locations and now is currently appreciating their permanent home campus in Ward 4. As a 10th grade honor student, she feels "known" and " valued". With only 300 students in the high school , each scholar is given personalized attention and challenges. Cap City is a small community of belonging and growing where learning is fun and respected.

Posted September 19, 2013
My school has great teachers and provides excellent education. I like being a student at Capital City.

Posted April 26, 2013
This school is absolutely fabulous. My daughter has been here since the 6th grade and will be graduating with the class of 2016. The teachers, principal and staff are all outstanding and caring. They create a wonderful family environment. The method of teaching which relies on expedtions into the field and projects mimics the real job world. In addition, it is gaining a great reputation with colleges. That is quite an accomplishment since they will only be graduating their second class this year. Love it.

Capital City PCS - High School 4

Posted June 01, 2011
Love, love this school. My child has been a student since the 7th grade (ccpcs lower school) and is now in 9th grade. I love the smaller class room sizes, the community environment and I love knowing that my child is learning in a safe environment. The Celebration of Learning events are excellent. The students give you an overview of what they've learned during the semester-- The parents ask questions and the students actually answer....correctly! My child is doing great here and I plan to allow her to remain through 12 grade.

Posted August 01, 2010
Capital City PCS is a great school. It has a small teacher-student ratio, good school leadership, and really teaches kids how to think and problem solve, rather than just filling their heads with facts. I love the community spirit and the fact that every teacher in the school and all the administrators know each child and each family. No getting lost here. The school faculty are very attuned to the academic experience of each child in the classroom and make great efforts to ensure that each child is attaining his or her highest potential.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Capital City PCS - High School
100 Peabody Street NW, Washington, DC  20011
Last modified Capital City PCS - High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12
Capital City PCS - High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.