Center City PCS - Shaw 3

Posted August 28, 2013
Administration does not care about parents or student. They do not compromise in any kind of way. I have seen a parent cry while they were acting like they were doing her a favor.

Center City PCS - Shaw 4

Posted May 29, 2013
My experience with the Shaw campus community has been a roller coaster. My sixth grade year is vaguely remembered by now, and my seventh grade year can just be defined as one word: confusing. I missed pretty much three months of science due to the teacher abandoning us, and the violence there was frequent. This year, the teachers there are exceptional. In science, we basically covered everything we had to cover plus the three months of information we missed last year. In math, we're ending the year off by doing 9th-10th grade mathematics. For social studies and ELA, I feel like I am growing in my interpretation skills everyday along with other useful skills I will need in high school and beyond. The school is now very strict in writing, so don't be surprised when you find yourself getting graded for over 15 papers. I feel that this school has changed their ways both academically and behaviorally. So to anyone out there, I recommend this school if you're looking forward to being challenged in your education.

Center City PCS - Shaw 1

Posted November 23, 2010
I am a parent of a young child at this campus and was there since the switch from Catholic to public charter. The first principal created a school I thought I wanted to keep my child until graduation and each year things were getting better until he left and now the teachers don't seem happy anymore and the new principal doesn't make himself available to talk. I'm looking at other schools for next year, a place with the positive energy and smiling teachers I used to feel and see before the new principal came in.

Center City PCS - Shaw 0

Posted January 03, 2010

Center City PCS - Shaw 0

Posted September 28, 2009

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Center City PCS - Shaw
711 N Street Northwest, Washington, DC  20001
Last modified Center City PCS - Shaw is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Center City PCS - Shaw Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.