Public charter
Washington, DC

Posted March 02, 2015
I would recommend DC Prep to anyone looking for a quality education where your student will have the skills to compete with the best once in highest school and college. We no longer attend, because we moved. However, if we were still in the area, my daughter would be graduating from the 8th grade. Every teacher makes it their goal to engage and challenge the students, and push them to places that they thought they couldn't go. The school is strict, but this philosophy removes foolishness, and allows every moment of the day to be used for learning. Though we no longer attend, I tell all of my friends in DC that DC Prep is the place to choose if you want the best in education.

Posted March 01, 2015
DC Prep is a wonderful school! The organization is supportive of its students, families, teachers, and administrators. DC Prep teachers work incredibly hard with the organization's supportive systems to help our students be successful not only at our school but BEYOND! It develops good hearts and good minds in its students. I currently teach there and will definitely be sending my own children there one day.

Posted March 01, 2015
I enjoy working at DC Prep. When I first visited DC Prep I was very impressed. The student ambassador who took me on a tour of the school was very well spoken and really took a lot of pride in the school. When I began working for DC Prep in the fall of 2012, it was no different than what I saw when I had visited the school the first time. The students were very focused in their classes, the school culture was phenomenal, and the teachers were professionals and extremely knowledgeable. After 2 1/2 years, DC Prep continues to be the same school with even more improvements that I had experienced before. I love working at DC Prep from the students I serve everyday to their parents and my coworkers. DC Prep is truly the professional learning community they exude when you visit. This is an awesome place to work.

Posted January 06, 2014
DC Prep Edgewood Middle provides a phenomenal foundation in character and academic education--providing students with the opportunity to develop pertinent skills, needed throughout their lives, during each aspect of the school day. The teachers go above and beyond to create a fun, engaging and rewarding environment for the students. The teachers and staff members genuinely care about each student's development, in and out of the classroom--making DC Prep an amazing place for everyone.

Posted December 18, 2013
I am continuously inspired by my colleagues to improve my instruction. DC Prep shares my belief that character education is key to academic success.

Posted December 15, 2013
Some things I love about working here: - Continued professional development and feedback for teachers, no matter how long you've been in the classroom. - Staff members who are all incredibly dedicated and hardworking, and who like working together. - Families who are involved in what is going on in their child's education. Our Parent Action Team is an amazing resource for our school, and they do so much to support the work of our teachers.

Posted December 12, 2013
DC Prep is an excellent school. The teachers are extremely dedicated and hard-working and are passionate about their students. The curriculum is rigorous and requires students to work very hard. Students who enjoy being challenged academically will thrive at DC Prep. The school has a very proactive school culture with high expectations for students. There are a lot of incentives for students who are on time, focused in class, completing homework and working hard. It is a terrific school all around!

Posted December 05, 2013
DC Prep is committed to building the educational divide in Washington, DC and I am honored to be a part of such an amazing school with dedicated educators and students with an immeasurable desire to learn. Outsiders may see us as having unrealistic expectations for our preppies, but we don't want to create a world of mediocrity, but greatness. And to those people, i say, raise your expectations! Our preppies are students who will one day become presidents, doctors, educators, and leaders! I hope to one day send my own children to DC Prep. Thank you DC Prep for providing Washington, DC with a Decade of Raising the Bar!

DC Prep - Edgewood Middle Campus 1

Posted November 12, 2013
My daughter is in the fourth grade at DC Prep EMC. She is the highest scoring student in her grade, as she was last year and the year before at DC Prep EEC. She loved EEC. She HATES EMC. It is not the curriculum or homework, which are great, or the dedication of the staff, which is considerable. It is the intense disciplinary environment. There are assigned seats at lunch. Talking is prohibited almost anywhere, including lunch at times. There are routine detentions for minor infractions, which would not even be infractions at any other school,and for things which the student has no control over, such as being tardy, as a way to punish the parents. This kind of pointless, unfair discipline does nothing but make her angry, as it would anyone. She thinks the teachers are picking on her and trying to find anything to punish her for because she is so well behaved. I tend to agree, especially since the Principal said at the beginning of the year that everyone would get consequences, so that they would learn to accept them and move on. The only moving on we will be doing is to another school. ASAP

DC Prep - Edgewood Middle Campus 4

Posted October 31, 2013
DC Prep is doing really well with my neighbors kid. I think that schools such as DC Prep should have more campus.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

DC Prep - Edgewood Middle Campus
701 Edgewood Street, Washington, DC  20017
Last modified DC Prep - Edgewood Middle Campus is a Charter school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
DC Prep - Edgewood Middle Campus Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top