Posted May 13, 2014
I have worked at many, many schools and the efforts these teachers make to be sure that GIRLS get the best education is amazing. Teachers work tirelessly to bring personalized attention, teach rigorous lessons, and show care and dedication to their students. The focus on early childhood education, for 3-year old girls, makes a huge difference in their learning. The girls are excited to be at school every day. Middle school girls are transitioning to become young ladies, and the teachers are persistent in ensuring their behavior and attitudes towards each other are kind and compassionate. Excel is a place that provides opportunities for girls to develop confidence in their academic ability and their social place, not only in the classroom, but in the community. I encourage any parent who has any questions or concerns, to talk directly to their child's teacher. You will see how dedicated they really are.

Excel Academy PCS 1

Posted April 02, 2014
My daughter has been attending Excel since 2008. The school is great academically however if you want your child to be bullied and physically hit on, on a daily basis then this is not the school for you. It seems as if you have to go to the top in order for changes to happen or you have threaten to go to the media. Some teachers speak down to you as if you are not on their level. The employees there just have an attitude as if they never want to be at work. I can ONLY name 2 that are pleasant with every interaction! 2 out of how many? There are too many teachers, good ones, that are leaving or have left because they do not get along with the clicks. The last principal was not good for the job and really she should be gone period. They have this person and that person that supposedly discipline the girls, but they can't all seem to be on the same page. Lack of communication is the best way to describe it. There are other schools around that you would not have to go thru all of this nonsense. Concerned parent looking for another school!

Posted February 25, 2014
My daughter has been a scholar since she was 4 years of age, she has learned so much from this school not just academics but how to share and care for others, also the teachers and staff always greet the families and scholars with a smile and provide safety and education for the girls.

Excel Academy PCS 4

Posted February 12, 2014
My daughter has attended Excel Academy for 3 years and I highly recommend this school. The school is located in a low income part of DC; however, they expect nothing but greatness from their students. My daughter is in the 1st grade and she is reading, writing and doing simple math on her own. The teachers are dedicated and will keep you inform daily. I read one review about the old Principal at the school. Everyone has their opinion, and I will admit she was probably not the best person for that position. She is not a people person, sometimes she will speak to you and sometimes she won't. However, to her defense, she is dedicated to ensuring that every single girl at EXCEL academy excel. The school has hired a new Principal; however, the old Principal still works there, but in a different capacity. Everything is not for everybody. In conclusion, EXCEL is a wonderful all girl school, and I would recommend this school to others.

Posted February 05, 2014
My 2 daughters have attended Excel Academy for the past 5 years. They are now in the 2nd and 5th grade. I am very pleased with the staff and the quality of education they have received. The teachers have always been very supportive and responsive to me with any issues or concerns I may have. I have had minor concerns as I believe I would at any school. My concerns are small and dealing with things such as ample time to eat during breakfast and more time to allow the parents to get to school before being late. However, the rigorous academic program and high expectations and standards of not only the students but the parents is great! My personal opinion is that many of us are use to just getting by and Excel is trying to break that chain with our girls by expecting much of them and helping them reach their goals and make it to college! I support excel 100% and am willing to go through the minor ups and downs with the school and staff! I think they are amazing!

Excel Academy PCS 1

Posted January 29, 2014
Wow, I am writing to bring light on a key point. There was 1 bad review written about this school, and since that 1 bad review posted, 10 positive reviews appeared. 6 of which were posted on the exact same day. Who did this school pay to try to get their rating increased? Parents before you send your child anywhere to attend school, you should always read both positive and negative reviews, paying closer attention to the negative ones because your child could be that "one" exception to the rules. It's not always what the positive or negative reviews say, it's how the administration staff handles the situations, and Excel Academy does not handle negativity well. Best advice as a parent is to take a day, two, or three and just show up unexpected and see what this all girl s school really has to offer your daughter. As with everything, there are always good and bad experiences, but parents always have to consider how to react and respond when it's their child on the end of negativity, which happens quite often at Excel Academy. The teacher/student turnover ratios are very high at this charter school. Find out why! Let those numbers and your visual observation speak for itself!

Posted January 14, 2014
I have been working at Excel Academy for a number of years. The school has grown a great deal in such a short time. All of the teachers that I have had the pleasure to work with have truly cared for all the girls and wanted them to do nothing but succeed and grow. I love working at Excel and love the community and all of the amazing young girls I have gotten to teach over the years. I would recommend the school to any parent with young girls. It is one of the best choices in the community for girls.

Posted January 06, 2014
We Love Excel!!! My daughter has been attending Excel for almost 2 years and she is getting the best education a 4 year could recieve she is reading, writing, counting,singing. WE LOVE EXCEL!!!!!!! They are on top of the GAME!!!

Posted January 06, 2014
My children have been with Excel since thy opened up and we have no plans to leave. Through the years my children have performed above grade level as a result of their rigorous curriculum and interactive teaching.

Posted January 06, 2014
Excel is an AWESOME school I recommend this school to most parent with girls. I love the fact that my daughter is learning so much.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Excel Academy PCS
2501 Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue, SE, Washington, DC  20020
Last modified Excel Academy PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Excel Academy PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.