Bad
Good

The company, Imagine Schools, is doing a disservice to the southeast community by failing to properly educate the children. I have never witnessed such unethical behavior and lack of instructional pedagogy before by people who say they are educators. To begin with, ask to see the educator credentials of the staff by beginning with the top leadership at Southeast on down to the teachers. You would be highly surprised! No public school who wants the best for their students will hire those who work at ISE, because of certification issues. Wake up DC and recognize that the kids are not being educated properly. Stop listening to the rhetoric of the ISE staff and find out what really is going on within those walls. Demand to see evidence! The children deserve better!

I believe that Imagine Southeast PCS has the potential to be a great school. It needs leadership with strong organization. The children come from diverse urban backgrounds with a host of social challenges. These issues account for the need of a management team that is willing to commit to addressing these challenges and not just concern for performance numbers.

The people that work in this school in very disrespectful they do not listen to the parents and they are very very rude this is why I took my to girls out this school and this was up to close last year and they can't keep employees each year it is new employees

My child has been attending Imagine since pre-k4 nd is now in the 1st grade and my other son is now attending in pre-k3. I LOVE imagine simply because its a challenging school. My 6 year old reads on a 2nd grade level. I also love this school because their all about the kids. They make school not just about learning but also fun with multiple activities they have for the kids. Yes it cost money but all the money goes right back into the school. My kids will be going here until the graduate out or they close the doors (hope not)

My kids are no longer in this school. I have always felt the teachers were good but were being held back by the principal. Its too bad a lot of the old good teachers are gone. The ones that left which isn't many because they brought in new people, are finally getting a chance to do their job. I do believe the school will survive and become a wonderful school if the right people run it proficiently. But my kids will not be returning. They are doing wonderful right where they are. I wish nothing but the best to the school.

Now that the charterboard wants to close ISE the staff wants to change its to late the school has fail the student for too!! long reading specialist, math specialist and the students can't read or pass math,last year all the students did was PROJECTS their was no learning going on at ISE this school is about money and how many children they can reigster and stuff in a class .I don't need to speak negtive about ISE on this page I would like to come and tell the truth about ISE in PERSON!!! THE ONLY THING THIS SCHOOL IS DOING IS SPEAKING TO THE PARENTS WHO WILL SAY NICE THING ABOUT ISE AND NOT TELL THE DIRTON THE SCHOOL AND ITS ALOT AND I GOT A STORY TO TELL SEE YA'LL AT THE NEXT MEETING AND I WILL SPEAK!!!!!!!.

Simply put I LOVE THIS SCHOOL!!!!!! I have had a kid in the school since its inception. The teachers are PHENOMENAL!!! The staff are great. The principal gets a bad rap! She is stern and has great expectations for our children and their supporting family structures. Some adults finds it insulting to be challenged! If you are doing what your job as a parent, she is not a problem. Besides, we all have our short comings and nobody's perfect, right? Most of the negative reviews are from disgruntle adults who care more about if someone "like" them instead of how much someone values and respect their children. Trust that the prinicpal LOVES the kids she serves! I LOVE this school because my kids were reading by PreK-4 and doing work that my friends' kids weren't doing. The school is warm and inviting and straight up beautiful. I would recommend this school to parents who want their kids to be challenged in a rewarding environment.

I have two kids that have been at Imagine SE PCS for five years. They are both reading and performing well above grade level. My kids have been blessed with great teachers and staff that are committed to giving the kids in Ward 8 the best they have to offer. The prinicpal on these reviews have taken a beating. I disagree with most of what these reviews have said about her. A powerful black woman is always perceived negatively! We need to look at how she treats our kids versus a personal opinion of her! I personally love her committment to my kids and the kids in my community and I, as my childre, look forward to going to ISE daily. Every school has problems, but the problems of ISE are nothing like I've experienced at other schools. The good far outweighs the bad here! I would love to see more parental involvement. Parents seem to forget that they are the best teachers. Involved Parent that loves this School!

The principal needs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!every year teacher and staff gets fired can't keep nobody and all of the good teachers has gone students can't read my child has been attending ISE for 5 years and he cannot read he reads on a 2nd grade level honor roll student now no the math below grade level its time for a chamge where is the help this school is all about crunching numbers and getting money for students .

My children have been attending since they were 3 back in 2008 when it first opened. This is a very great school with an excellant curriculum. It offers plenty of parent involvement, activities, and extra help if your needs ir. My children are both on advanced levels and are on the high honors!

Last modified Imagine Southeast PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.