Eastern High School 3

Posted April 12, 2010

Posted November 24, 2009
As a alumni of Eastern Highschool. My decision to put my son in Eastern was the easiest. With the guidance from Mr. Chisulm and other teachers that care My son has improved tramendously. I love Easter High

Posted November 21, 2009
I graduated in 2009 and mr chiselom did turn around the school since i been there i had 4 different principles and nothing had happen until he came. He even help out the marching band go places. Eastern will never get props again.

Posted November 03, 2009
The principal, Wllliam C. Chiselom is awesome! He's turned the school around and made it a place where students and staff alike can be proud of!

Posted August 24, 2009

Eastern High School 5

Posted June 02, 2009
okay so after reading the negative comments, i decided to post. like all inner city schools, there's definitely a struggle. it's what you make it, i'm an alumni from the 04 class. i can talk about the 'bad' or elaborate on the good, no one ever seems to look at the positive side. Eastern in my opinion, was a great school they definitely prepared me for college (which i graduated one of the best in 08). try it out, look at the bigger picture, i've been out for 5 years and still have pride in my school. E-Ball for life! c/o 04

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted April 24, 2008
I am a 2007 graduate from Eastern High School. Eastern is one of the best schools in DCPS to me, because we have the best teachers, best band, and etc. I love Eastern so much that I hate when people judge when they probably was not even involved when their child went there. Eastern can be better and I believe it will get better, but people always putting them down. EASTERN STILL HAVE SOME GOOD LEFT IN IT, but people only see the bad thats happening. I have learned a lot from that school all 4 years and now I'm carrying that one to college. Eastern has many intelligent students, but people don't realize that, I guess because the bad out do the good in this situation. The Class of 2007 got accepted into 62 colleges from various amounts of colleges, that shows the teachers must be doing something right.

Eastern High School 3

Posted January 03, 2008
My son re-entered the public school system this year as a 10th grader at Eastern. I was terrified to send him at the idea of putting him in public school, especially Eastern. Though I and his father are alumnis, the school's reputation and environment has severely decreased in value. However, my taken lemons and made lemonade. He joined the marching band, made friends, and is doing well in his classes. He was overwhelmed by the size of the school and concerned about getting along others. As he learned his way around the school, found a club to join and make friends, and adjusted to the class work, I am satisfied to say that things are going well. The school could be in better shape, there's no question, but our overall experience has not been bad at all.

Posted September 17, 2007
Eastern's external beauty and appeal seems to be in definite shambles but its faculty's internal resolve to be the pride of Capitol Hill has stood year after year despite DC politicking from Congress, the Mayors Office down to the DCPS Main Office. I have stayed on-board long enough (since 2004) to see our teachers lead a debate team to beat Banneker, our marching band play for citywide celebrations, know that some of our graduates succeed in landing hundred thousand scholarship grants, and for our sports teams to show significant come-back signs. But we have kept the faith and the pride for we believe in the critical importance of our work. So we forge on to better heights.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Eastern High School
1700 East Capitol St. NE, Washington, DC  20003
Last modified Eastern High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eastern High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.