Posted April 10, 2014
Washington Latin has been a home to our son for three years. The administration is committed to meeting every student's needs, which, for him, means challenging him beyond grade level. We're grateful that his teachers have always been smart and passionate educators who quite obviously love teaching -- they respect his intellect, and appreciate his quirky personality. If you are hoping to raise a confident, curious, and engaged citizen of the world, Latin is the school for you. Children blossom at Latin, and it's getting stronger every year.

Posted November 19, 2013
This is my son's first year at Latin, he is in the 6th grade. He loves it and so do I. Overall, my son has shown great achievement and progress in his subjects. He will be there until the 12th grade for sure!

Posted September 29, 2013
This is my son first year at Washington Latin and I'm very pleased with the school and the teachers.

Posted September 23, 2013
I m a supporter of Washington Latin Public Charter School because it s providing a strong academic curriculum that is also interesting. As I tell people, I wish I could attend Washington Latin. The wish started six years ago when I attended a Washington Latin open house hosted by the Head of School Martha Cutts. The evening opened with Ms. Cutts vision for the school. But what was most impressive, as a long-time student of ancient Greek and Roman philosophy and history, was the short talk by a Civics teacher who related the college senior thesis she wrote on Virgil s Aeneid. I was out of my mind with excitement! As I told my wife later that evening, I wanted to enroll. That feeling has never changed. What makes Washington Latin special is the leadership of Martha Cutts and the dynamic, enthusiastic teachers. The new Washington Latin facility, a formerly empty D.C. Public School, is icing on the cake. I want to expand on the subject of Ms. Cutts leadership. Besides setting the school s tone, she is an accomplished fundraiser and advocate. She has forged bonds with business leaders and D.C. Councilmembers.

Posted September 23, 2013
My daughter is in her second year at Washington Latin and has thrived both years. She has had fantastic teachers, who have excited her about social studies, science, reading, math and Latin. She has a relatively lot of homework, but has learned to manage her time well. The social setting has been very good for her, too. The administration is excellent, and parent involvement high. We could not be happier.

Posted September 23, 2013
This is my child's third year at Latin and I am very pleased. The head of school promised the "No child would fall through the cracks" and I believe this is true. The teachers are focused on each individual student. My child has been engaged in topics that we would never have predicted -- such as geography, civics and the study of ancient civilizations. I am very impressed with the sense of community the school has developed and the depth of learning that goes on. I wish the school offered Spanish, but since this is my only real complaint about the academics, I feel very lucky. My husband and I often say that we feel like we won the lottery the day my child got into Latin. It is a wonderful place to learn and develop as a person and a student.

Posted September 23, 2013
What is not to love? I am continually impressed with the school's leadership. They always seem to have a well thought out answer to any curriculum question I have ever posed. The small class size is enviable, especially in high school (my child's classes range from 12-17 kids). The teachers, for the most part, are passionate about what they teach, energetic and are responsive to questions from parents. The new builidng is fabulous and well suited to learning. I feel that the teachers and staff know me and my kid and are invested in my child's success. I feel very fortunate that my child won the lottery 4 1/2 years ago.

Posted September 23, 2013
My son has attended this school since 5th and is now in 8th grade. He's had outstanding teachers every year, and has always had a great group of friends in each grade who enjoy learning and think it's cool to be smart. He's an honors student there and is now taking two languages and loves it. I find that most teachers are very passionate about their mission to not only educate students but to also encourage students to seek out opportunities to learn on their own. Students are seen as individuals and the small class sizes help ensure that each child is heard every day. I love that Latin doesn't teach to the tests, and rather, does a good job of raising the bar for all of its students. I went to the Grand Opening of the beautiful new campus in the Old Rudolph Building and again was impressed (but not surprised) by the student speaker, the honors choir, and the many students shown in a brief film about the school. Martha Cutts and her team along with the support of many many parents who helped the school locate a permanent home have done a marvelous job of making this a school that we'd gladly continue to attend through high school.

Posted September 23, 2013
I am so glad that Washington Latin is Public school (not Private). This is our third year at Latin and we LOVE IT !!!! Washington Latin became a part of our family. The faculty care about our kids, the teachers go the extra mile and the school is diverse.

Posted September 23, 2013
WLPCS is an excellent school. My son started there last year as a 5th grader and his transformation in one year has been miraculous. He had a great year, got really good grades, but most importantly, developed a love for learning. He's very motivated to study and learn, and adores almost all his teachers. This morning at breakfast he was trying to convince his 3rd grade sister to come to WLPCS because "it's a great school." There aren't too many great middle school options in DC; we are feel very lucky to have gotten into this one!

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Washington Latin PCS - Upper School
5200 2nd Street, NW, Washington, DC  20011
Last modified Washington Latin PCS - Upper School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Latin PCS - Upper School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top