Public charter
Washington, DC

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 12, 2015
The school has partnered with some of the most dynamic educators in DC. The Engineering and Applied Science staff is tremendous. Mrs. Lynura Jackson is a blessing and the school was lucky to steal her away for Industry. The school is also blessed to be under the compassionate leadership of Ms. Doranna Tindle, truly a world class administrator!

Friendship Technology Preparatory Academy PCS 5

Posted June 12, 2015
This school is on the cutting edge of providing a world class technology experience for urban youth. I was introduced to the program in 2012, as a parent of a member of the 1st graduating class of Tech Prep 2015 and having another student in the 9th grade. What Ms. Doranna Tindle has created is a something to be celebrated and replicated! Test scores have improved, morale is high, student behavior is improving, staff turnover is low, and I am excited to be apart of this inspirational environment. I have been most impressed with Mrs. Lynura Jackson who was recruited by Ms. Tindle from Clark Construction. She is an Architectural Engineer by trade and has been an educator for 5 years. Mrs. Jackson has an amazing skill set and has introduced programs that not only expose my children to cutting edge careers in STEM, but also give them the confidence to embrace new challenges. My 9th grader came in with behavior and academic challenges, under the direction of Mrs. Jackson and Ms. Tindle my son now competes in Robotics and has learned to code in addition to completely re directing his energy for the better. Im proud to say that my son has been accepted into the new Technology and Applied Science Academy, an Academy Directed and lead by Mrs. Jackson. We are excited to work with all of the corporate and community partners that have been engaged in this process. The work this school is doing is phenomenal! I am a proud Friendship parent with one child off to college to study engineering and another accepted into an exceptional Technology and Applied Science Academy that I am certain will put him on the same track as his brother. Thank you Friendship Tech Prep, keep up the great work!!!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 12, 2015
Proof is in the pudding, we are graduating future leaders in STEM. With world class instructors and administrators.

Friendship Technology Preparatory Academy PCS 5

Posted October 04, 2013
This school is beyond amazing! Knowing that my kids can come home to demonstrate their work to me and be excited about is something that I live for! The teachers, staff and entire school cares about the well-being of my child! If I need ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING, a staff, or even Principal Tindle will go out her way and help me get all of the resources I need. My son transferred from DC Prep last year and hated it. The staff weren't friendly at all and I only received notices to Parent Meetings TWICE throughout the entire school year. I then researched Friendship Tech Prep because my child LOVES technology. He was amazed at the culture of the school and loved the environment. I have no complaints. If you want your child to learn all of the new innovative technology the world has to offer, bring them here! -Sonya Jennings (9th grade parent)

Friendship Technology Preparatory Academy PCS 4

Posted November 28, 2012
Preparing students to be worldwide leaders in Science and Technology is a serious endeavor. If we look at the US News Best of the Best High Schools in the DC area we will see only one school in Science and Technology anywhere close to the top and that one is in Alexandria, Virginia (#2 Thomas Jefferson High School for Science & Technology). Most schools in DC aren't even ranked on the list. If we are going to prepare students compete in science on a global level we need to take that responsibility seriously. Maybe we need to send a representative committee to Thomas Jefferson High School and model what they are doing successfully.

Friendship Technology Preparatory Academy PCS 2

Posted October 30, 2012
The school is getting better under the new principal as far as leadership is concern. Less kids in the hall and quiet. An excellent front office with a staff that is helpful.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

620 Milwaukee Place, SE, Washington, DC  20032
Last modified Friendship Technology Preparatory Academy PCS is a Charter school that serves grades 6-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Friendship Technology Preparatory Academy PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top