Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teachers and staff function in an atmosphere of intimidation by Principal Roper. Principal Roper does not have a highly qualified staff of teachers. As a parent, I did not feel comfortable with my child being in their care and i strongly feel my that my child lost a year due to an unqualified teacher. It's costing me to get my child additional tutoring to catch up. If you want the best that a Ward 7 school elementary school can offer, Burrville ES is not it.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers cannot be effective in an atmosphere of intimidation by there principal. If they care, it does not show.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Homework should be meaningful, not just something to do. It should help the child master the content. What's the use of giving homework when there is never any follow or communication.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

You cannot develop honesty, integrity, and fairness in students when leadership and staff do not possess it. Just ask for a report of complaints by way of Freedom of Information. Get the facts first.

I have two children at Burrville. My daughter just graduated from Pre-K and can read sight words at the 2nd grade level. Her teacher, Ms. Mason and Ms. White were great. They started the year by visiting us at home and then communicated with us every day about our child's progress. I also have a 3rd grade student who's math and reading scores are above grade level. People don't think that students in ward 7 can receive this level of education, but they do at Burrville. A lot of parents give Principal Roper a hard time because her expectations are so high. But I see the difference it makes with my children compared to family members that I have at other DCPS schools.

This school is great overall teachers here really care about the scholars and communicate very well with the parents. This is my little scholar's first year and I see so much improvement now that he is no longer attending Ketcham ES off Good Hope Rd SE. The staff and security are very attentive as far as whom is entering the building. The principal and her side kick I do not care much about because you hardly see them. If there is something I need answered if the teacher can not answer my next resource would be the AMAZING front office Mrs. Henderson and Ms. Johnson they are WONDERFUL, I feel as though they are running this school. The Special Ed coordinator is nothing as well-after enrolling my child I spent the rest of my day sitting in the office waiting on her to see me and when she did come to me it was lunch time for the scholars picture 8:45a-11/12p.

Burrville has made a dramatic change in the last two years under Principal Roper. I have three children and I have been a Burrville parent for over 6 years. I can honestly say that Principal Roper treats every student like they are her own children. Everyone calls the children "Scholars" and they talk about going to college. My 3rd grader talks about his data and reaching his academic goals. Its great.

Although the the school is one of the best schools in DC, they have (DCPS) removed the historical legacy successive principals last week.....with no communication with parents! Amazing... The school is great now.

My child has attended Burrville for the first time this past school year (PS). I must say he's learned a lot in a year. Keep up the great work.

The Montessori program is very well organized and my child is continuing to blossom under the guidance of her teacher, Ms. Underwood. This unique style of educating children has proven to be successful for my 4 year old kindergartner who has been reading since she was 3 years old.

Last modified Burrville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.