Posted July 02, 2014
I have two children at Burrville. My daughter just graduated from Pre-K and can read sight words at the 2nd grade level. Her teacher, Ms. Mason and Ms. White were great. They started the year by visiting us at home and then communicated with us every day about our child's progress. I also have a 3rd grade student who's math and reading scores are above grade level. People don't think that students in ward 7 can receive this level of education, but they do at Burrville. A lot of parents give Principal Roper a hard time because her expectations are so high. But I see the difference it makes with my children compared to family members that I have at other DCPS schools.

Posted May 08, 2014
This school is great overall teachers here really care about the scholars and communicate very well with the parents. This is my little scholar's first year and I see so much improvement now that he is no longer attending Ketcham ES off Good Hope Rd SE. The staff and security are very attentive as far as whom is entering the building. The principal and her side kick I do not care much about because you hardly see them. If there is something I need answered if the teacher can not answer my next resource would be the AMAZING front office Mrs. Henderson and Ms. Johnson they are WONDERFUL, I feel as though they are running this school. The Special Ed coordinator is nothing as well-after enrolling my child I spent the rest of my day sitting in the office waiting on her to see me and when she did come to me it was lunch time for the scholars picture 8:45a-11/12p.

Burrville Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2013
Burrville has made a dramatic change in the last two years under Principal Roper. I have three children and I have been a Burrville parent for over 6 years. I can honestly say that Principal Roper treats every student like they are her own children. Everyone calls the children "Scholars" and they talk about going to college. My 3rd grader talks about his data and reaching his academic goals. Its great.

Posted June 07, 2011
Although the the school is one of the best schools in DC, they have (DCPS) removed the historical legacy successive principals last week.....with no communication with parents! Amazing... The school is great now.

Burrville Elementary School 0

Posted June 10, 2009
My child has attended Burrville for the first time this past school year (PS). I must say he's learned a lot in a year. Keep up the great work.

Posted October 03, 2008
The Montessori program is very well organized and my child is continuing to blossom under the guidance of her teacher, Ms. Underwood. This unique style of educating children has proven to be successful for my 4 year old kindergartner who has been reading since she was 3 years old.

Posted September 26, 2008
Burrville is the best school for a child to attend as they begin their educational journey. The teachers are dedicated and the children are enthusiatic about learning.

Burrville Elementary School 0

Posted December 06, 2007
Burrville is a good school, I love sending my kids there, they really care about the kids, and they operate as a family.

Posted July 05, 2007
I am a 26 year old former Burrville student and my daughter is currently attending Burrville. My son will be joining her in the fall. I have nothing but praise for Burrville School and my daughter's teacher. She has shown remarkable progress in the one year that she's been enrolled there and is advanced for beyond most 3 year olds that I know. My child is in the Montessori program and takes Spanish and computer classes. Burrville has a solid reputation as an excellent school and has even been selected to introduce the International Baccalaureate curriculum, they have also been selected to participate in the Chinese teacher exchange program. Participation in such prestigious programs isn't given to just any 2nd rate school.

Posted April 21, 2007
Burville is a great school. It is very family orienated. The teacher really care and take pleasure in helping children to achieve success.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Burrville Elementary School
801 Division Avenue Northeast, Washington, DC  20019
Last modified Burrville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burrville Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.