Posted September 17, 2013
I had the opportunity to work with school leadership for a short time and was very impressed with the school overall. The mission is unique in that the focus is in keeping with the true Montessori teaching style. The children are well-behaved yet independent and curious. The facility, while temporary, is still set up in a way that it functions very well for the students. The staff and leadership is knowledgeable and dedicated.

Posted August 20, 2013
The minute you have any contact with this school you can tell that the entire staffreally cares!! The parents are very involved and I feel that the teaching methods employed are right and thoughtful of the children. Looking forward to a great year!

Posted October 29, 2012
With a much improved, if awkwardly located, facility this year, the only concern I had after year one with Shining Stars was resolved. My son has had excellent teachers who are well trained and serious about Montessori and who also clearly love and highly regard/respect all of the children. As they are still a new school, there are operational kinks that continue to be worked out, but they in no way overshadow the great teachers and nice new classrooms filled with beautiful Montessori activities. It is a diverse environment representative of the world and we really feel like we're part of a growing school community!

Posted October 29, 2012
Shining Stars has patient, loving teachers who are a great support for both the students and the parents. My daughter has made great progress here and we have become part of a strong school community.

Posted October 29, 2012
I can highly recommend Shining Stars, as our daughter is now in her second year here and is thriving in their caring Montessori environment. The excellent teachers strive to create a child-centric learning experience and are backed up by the strong leadership team that puts the interests of the students first. For our daughter, who is a quick learner, the teachers have challenging academics that translate into impressive learning gains. We are very happy with the school overall

Posted October 28, 2012
My daughter wakes up every morning happy to go to school. I continue to be pleased with the quality of education and community at Shining Stars!

Posted August 01, 2012
My child has made a lot of progress this year. I have been happy with Shining Stars and am looking forward to next year, including more space at the new building.

Posted February 14, 2012
Another parent here, given the challenges of a smaller temporary space and getting kids acclimated to the Montessori approach, overall I am pleased and I feel incredibly grateful that there is public funding to bring the Montessori approach to families who otherwise could not access it. We have some concerns based on our own child's personality/skills -- he is happy but doesn't always take initiative, which is tough with the Montessori method and may not mean it will continue to be a good fit for our child. But, we are impressed with the staff, administration, the board, and especially fellow parents.

Posted January 11, 2012
Shining Stars is a great school for parents who desire to be actively involved with their children's education because they value parental input! Also, I am excited about the fact that we have access to the Montessori method without pay. Both my children are benefiting from it and I do not detect any deficiencies in their development, in fact, I witnessed growth. The teachers demonstrate tremendous patience as they carefully their employ skill in leading our children through the curriculum. The school did have a rough inagural year, but what new Charter school doesn't? At least, as a parent, I am familiar with alot of there challenges as they have had an appropriate transparent process the whole time. I would not that SSMA PCS definately need time to work out some of their operational kinks, but it is nothing that cant be implemented within a carefully crafted and easily implemented 3-5 year strategy. I'm sure summer 2012 will cause board members and parents to go back to the drawing board to prepare for a great 2012-2013 school year. Most importantly, their operational downfalls does not compromise the quality of my children's education. Im rooting for their success!

Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS 1

Posted January 02, 2012
We have 2 boys at shining stars. They will NOT be going back. Not at all recommended. Too Much to list. Check all schools closely. This schools charter should be revoked.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS
1328 Florida Avenue Annex, NW, Washington, DC  20009
Last modified Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-1
Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.