Posted May 31, 2015
Wonderful school. My son was previously in public school. He is in pre k 3 and has progressed so much since coming to this school. He is so much further along and has developed a sense of independence. I'm so glad we made the choice to move him.

Posted May 07, 2015
I love the staff and administration! I would recommend this school to anyone to is invested in their child's education and future.

Posted April 29, 2015
It cares for the whole child, and protects them and the teachers from too much interference with their learning from outside sources.

Posted April 29, 2015
This is a hidden gem of a school that simply gets better with each year. Between their pure approach to Montessori, their caring and intelligent guides, staff and families and the addition of language, music and other enrichment programs, I, and more importantly, my child love being here.

Posted April 27, 2015
This is a school that puts student success first. The Executive Director has years of experience working with students and designing programs that work for students.

Posted September 17, 2013
I had the opportunity to work with school leadership for a short time and was very impressed with the school overall. The mission is unique in that the focus is in keeping with the true Montessori teaching style. The children are well-behaved yet independent and curious. The facility, while temporary, is still set up in a way that it functions very well for the students. The staff and leadership is knowledgeable and dedicated.

Posted August 20, 2013
The minute you have any contact with this school you can tell that the entire staffreally cares!! The parents are very involved and I feel that the teaching methods employed are right and thoughtful of the children. Looking forward to a great year!

Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS 4

Posted October 29, 2012
With a much improved, if awkwardly located, facility this year, the only concern I had after year one with Shining Stars was resolved. My son has had excellent teachers who are well trained and serious about Montessori and who also clearly love and highly regard/respect all of the children. As they are still a new school, there are operational kinks that continue to be worked out, but they in no way overshadow the great teachers and nice new classrooms filled with beautiful Montessori activities. It is a diverse environment representative of the world and we really feel like we're part of a growing school community!

Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS 4

Posted October 29, 2012
Shining Stars has patient, loving teachers who are a great support for both the students and the parents. My daughter has made great progress here and we have become part of a strong school community.

Posted October 29, 2012
I can highly recommend Shining Stars, as our daughter is now in her second year here and is thriving in their caring Montessori environment. The excellent teachers strive to create a child-centric learning experience and are backed up by the strong leadership team that puts the interests of the students first. For our daughter, who is a quick learner, the teachers have challenging academics that translate into impressive learning gains. We are very happy with the school overall

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS
6015 Chillum Pl NE, Washington, DC  20011
Last modified Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-1
Shining Stars Montessori Academy PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top