Posted March 06, 2015
There is more to a good education than test taking proficiency. "Good education is not what fills your head with facts but what stimulates curiosity. You then learn for the rest of your life." -- Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Posted February 12, 2015
I disagree with the previous poster. We are "educated" parents and have kids in 2nd and 4th grade. We love both of their teachers and feel confident that our kids are learning and they test well. There were definitely some growing pains in the last couple of years but overall we love the school. There is something great about kids who enjoy learning for learning sake and actively research their interests in great depth.

Capitol Hill Montessori @ Logan 1

Posted January 25, 2015
Good for pre-school years, then leave by first grade or risk poor math (50% failure) and writing (75% cannot write) skills for your child that will leave your child completely unprepared for Middle School. All the well educated parents have done this over the years and we are following their advice. Low test scores for fifteen plus years. Located in Washington, DC with many resources yet very few intellectual field trips due to historic, systemic failure of leadership at the top and old "DC crony" hiring of friends. No STEM, no real art classes, no real music classes. Leave by first grade as we are and be certain to have a balanced normal education in a school that fosters community spirit and intellectual love of learning (seek out Brent or Maury as top schools).

Posted August 26, 2013
Capitol Hill Montessori School at Logan is a great school. Not only is it unique in its offering of the montessori methodology in an urban setting, it's the only one in the entire public or charter school system. The primary teachers are incredible! My son had a difficult time adjusting to school at 3 but his teacher invested loads of time nurturing him. Once a trust relationship was established, he exploded academically. It truly is the best of both worlds. The elementary school is expanding and top-notch Montessori teachers have been recruited and with the new independent building - the school has so much potential. The Parent Teacher Student Organization is super committed, talented and diverse. I expect spectacular results as the school adjusts to its new location and expands. DCPS has been more accommodating and becoming well versed on the unique needs of the Montessori tradition. Although not compatible with they style of learning, the DC test scores should soar like the school this year. The administration, parents and students are working hard to ensure that they will. Go CHM@L.

Posted August 26, 2013
Capital Hill Montessori @ Logan - This is my daughters third year here. She woke up at 7:00am this morning and the first thing she said is "Mommy, I am ready for school!!" That is the attitude you get then you send your child to CHM@L. It all starts at the head and trickles down. Mr. Eatman is exceptional as well as his entire staff. They treat you like family and truly accept your family as theirs. I pray this school extends to the eighth grade. Thumbs up CHM@L keep up the good work.

Posted August 23, 2013
Capitol Hill Montessori at Logan is a DCPS school that focuses on Montessori. The teachers and other staff are wonderful. Every time I go in the school I am greeted by students who are happy and considerate. It has a great French program, kid friendly gardens and about to get a new playground. I love having my girls in this school.

Posted August 23, 2013
My kids love school and the whole montessori approach. They have been lucky to have such great teachers and such a great community to learn in. They love the hands on approach and multi-age learning environment.

Posted August 20, 2013
We have three children at CHM@L. The school provides a diverse, nurturing environment and the Montessori method compliments our parenting philosophy. We are very happy here.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Capitol Hill Montessori @ Logan
215 G Street Northeast, Washington, DC  20002
Last modified Capitol Hill Montessori @ Logan is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Capitol Hill Montessori @ Logan Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top