Posted November 13, 2014
It's a pleasure to work in this wonderful school. Not only because the new building but because the people who are the components of such a great family. Every body is Working hard to create the difference in this world, we are teaching the children to be responsible and respectful with our community and our environment.

Posted May 06, 2013
This is our first year at MV and we love it. We couldn't be happier with our school choice. The teachers and the leadership care deeply about each student and we love how their core instructional model, expeditionary learning, integrates with bilingualism and their sustainability concepts. They really want to build a strong community and it shows through the number of events they organize and constant communication with parents. Our son is happy and thriving!

Posted March 27, 2013
This is my daughters second year at MV and we could not be more happy with the school, teachers, administration, mission and community. My daughter loves the school, has become fluent in Spanish already. The teachers are supportive and the classrooms are friendly and accepting of all students. The mission and vision of the school is seamlessly integrated into the curriculum.

Posted February 16, 2013
New, with new school challenges but doing a great job! My daughter is in her second year with MV. My only complaints are that with many new charter schools their location will change a few times, also rapid growth of the program changed the dynamic of the school. But these are issues that other charter programs experience so I don't really attribute them particularly to MV. Overall the teachers are extremely loving, knowledgeable, set limits for the children, and encourage kids to solve their own problems and create a very collaborative environment. My daughter who is currently in PK-4 has greatly improved on her social skills, she's friends with everyone in her class, she's speaking spanish very well, she's even reading some in spanish. There is also a good amount of parental involvement and activities to keep the school feeling like a community. I highly recommend the program if you're interested in a bilingual program and look forward to seeing my daughter grow and learn at MV.

Posted February 08, 2013
We have two kids at Mundo Verde and couldn't recommend it more highly. The staff takes great care to make sure the kids have what they need, and we've known more than a few to go above and beyond in terms of accommodating kids with different abilities. Our kids come from an anglophone household; after a few months, our five-year-old was speaking confidently to people in the streets in Spanish; and our three-year-old is confident in her ability to understand the fully Spanish-language pre-school program, even if she isn't yet fully understandable in English! The parents are overwhelmingly informed and active in the school community, and the location is convenient for anyone in NW DC. Of course, it'd be nice to have greenspace solely for the school's use, and a permanent location, but those things will come, just as they do for all successful charters in DC. But in the meantime, you don't have to take my word for how good this place is... just ask the immense number of people whose kids are on the waiting list.

Posted January 15, 2013
Mundo verde is an incredible school. Our son is in his second year there and we will be thrilled to enroll our disagree there next fall. Academics are excellent. The curriculum is diverse and interesting to our son. Our kid now speaks fluent spanish. Tha'ts life changing. MV administration is well organized especially when you consider how new it is. Other parents on this site complaining about bullying have questionable motives and fortunately left the school. Parents are overwhelmingly pleased with the school.

Posted December 26, 2012
We moved our children from a much older bilingual charter to MV this year. This difference is astonishing. After only a semester at MV it is quite evident that MV is vastly superior in target language acquisition, overall academics, classroom management and general dedication to making learning fun and interesting. It may be a new school, but it is much better run and teachers are much better.

Posted December 25, 2012
My child has special needs and doing very well at MV. The school culture is very inclusive and the teachers and staff are responsive to the needs of my child and all the students. We are very happy that we are able to send our child to this public charter school.

Posted December 21, 2012
We couldn t be happier and feel so lucky to have a space in such a wonderful school. I can hardly believe this is a public school. The administration and teachers are exceptional as well as the curriculum and expeditionary learning approach. They do all kinds of extracurricular activities including yoga, music, cooking, many trips to Rock Creek Park, and much more. Last year was Mundo Verde s first year and as a new school there were some bumps along the way, but the administration has handled each challenge with such compassion and creativity. The parent community is so amazing and special. MV is such a warm and nurturing place, I feel so good dropping my child off every morning and he is excited to be there too. We won spaces in the lottery in some of the most sought after Charter Schools including Two Rivers, Yu Ying, and EW Stokes, but I was really excited about Mundo Verde s vision and took a leap of faith on this new school. Well, that was the best decision I ve ever made. The Spanish is an amazing added bonus to an already extraordinary program. Mundo Verde is now half way through its second year, and it continues to exceed my expectations of what a great school is.

Mundo Verde Bilingual PCS 1

Posted November 28, 2012
I am trying not to start this review by saying that this is the worst program in DC, because I want this to be a helpful review. It is nearly four months into the school year and the staff are still unaware of my child's academic ability. In addition, we had multiple bullying incidents that have been minimized and met with denial and strict adherence to a policy of keeping her in the class (despite her discomfort and now the teacher's discomfort in dealing with us. We had just moved to DC and had such high aspirations for this school to work for our daughter. We are sad and disheartened by this experience. Moreover, we are beside ourselves trying to find a new and more permanent school for her. It has been validating talking to other parents who are experiencing the same thing. Perhaps the school will fold after a few years, like so many other charters. My hope is that they get better teaching and administrative staff, but that is probably not going to happen, since their tactic is one of closing ranks and ignoring problems.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Mundo Verde Bilingual PCS
30 P Street Northeast, Washington, DC  20002
Last modified Mundo Verde Bilingual PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-1
Mundo Verde Bilingual PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top