Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Hardest teaching job I've ever had. Too many major discipline problems, even violence did not lead to suspensions. Classroom did not feel safe. Teachers getting bitten and hit here. Kids stabbing one another with pencils, overturning furniture, punching and kicking others and throwing supplies. No suspensions. Just keeping chaos from breaking out was a full time job. I sure hope things get better here. It's a shame, they have awesome goals and great ideals. They hire great staff here. But teachers' hands are tied by those ideals and administration does not make the tough decision to give adequate consequences.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Great teachers work at this school, this is a hardworking, caring and compassionate staff. The school is selective when hiring. I think teacher effectiveness is impacted by the discipline issues.

My son started at MV this Fall and I could not be happier. Amazing teachers and a great staff. Love it!

It's a pleasure to work in this wonderful school. Not only because the new building but because the people who are the components of such a great family. Every body is Working hard to create the difference in this world, we are teaching the children to be responsible and respectful with our community and our environment.

This is our first year at MV and we love it. We couldn't be happier with our school choice. The teachers and the leadership care deeply about each student and we love how their core instructional model, expeditionary learning, integrates with bilingualism and their sustainability concepts. They really want to build a strong community and it shows through the number of events they organize and constant communication with parents. Our son is happy and thriving!

This is my daughters second year at MV and we could not be more happy with the school, teachers, administration, mission and community. My daughter loves the school, has become fluent in Spanish already. The teachers are supportive and the classrooms are friendly and accepting of all students. The mission and vision of the school is seamlessly integrated into the curriculum.

New, with new school challenges but doing a great job! My daughter is in her second year with MV. My only complaints are that with many new charter schools their location will change a few times, also rapid growth of the program changed the dynamic of the school. But these are issues that other charter programs experience so I don't really attribute them particularly to MV. Overall the teachers are extremely loving, knowledgeable, set limits for the children, and encourage kids to solve their own problems and create a very collaborative environment. My daughter who is currently in PK-4 has greatly improved on her social skills, she's friends with everyone in her class, she's speaking spanish very well, she's even reading some in spanish. There is also a good amount of parental involvement and activities to keep the school feeling like a community. I highly recommend the program if you're interested in a bilingual program and look forward to seeing my daughter grow and learn at MV.

We have two kids at Mundo Verde and couldn't recommend it more highly. The staff takes great care to make sure the kids have what they need, and we've known more than a few to go above and beyond in terms of accommodating kids with different abilities. Our kids come from an anglophone household; after a few months, our five-year-old was speaking confidently to people in the streets in Spanish; and our three-year-old is confident in her ability to understand the fully Spanish-language pre-school program, even if she isn't yet fully understandable in English! The parents are overwhelmingly informed and active in the school community, and the location is convenient for anyone in NW DC. Of course, it'd be nice to have greenspace solely for the school's use, and a permanent location, but those things will come, just as they do for all successful charters in DC. But in the meantime, you don't have to take my word for how good this place is... just ask the immense number of people whose kids are on the waiting list.

Mundo verde is an incredible school. Our son is in his second year there and we will be thrilled to enroll our disagree there next fall. Academics are excellent. The curriculum is diverse and interesting to our son. Our kid now speaks fluent spanish. Tha'ts life changing. MV administration is well organized especially when you consider how new it is. Other parents on this site complaining about bullying have questionable motives and fortunately left the school. Parents are overwhelmingly pleased with the school.

We moved our children from a much older bilingual charter to MV this year. This difference is astonishing. After only a semester at MV it is quite evident that MV is vastly superior in target language acquisition, overall academics, classroom management and general dedication to making learning fun and interesting. It may be a new school, but it is much better run and teachers are much better.

Last modified Mundo Verde Bilingual PCS is a Charter school that serves grades PK-1