Bad
Good

I have 2 children attending Beers Elementary. I really like that the principal is visible and involved with the children in the mornings (when she can) and during the day. I don't know how much coaching takes place with the teachers but I have no complaints thus far. My son's kindergarten teacher was the BEST and all of the other teachers have been pretty good as well. I like that they encourage excellence and strive to instill that into them before they're day starts while they're in the auditorium. I feel the school could use a better music program to introduce instruments as well as a school chorus. They could also use a mentoring program for the students to build confidence and great male & female role models for the children in addition to us parents molding the children. A tutoring program would be great as well to enforce reading, math, & science especially in aftercare. They have an EDI program in aftercare but I don't see much of a difference between extended day and EDI.

I have a boy and a girl at Beers since preschool, and every teacher has been a joy to watch in the classroom. Even when I wasn't sure of their methodology, in the end at almost every turn, I could see that what they were doing was correct. Even the few problems that I have encountered there have been solved with administration, staff and families working cooperatively and creatively together. The school is also proactive. They work with community city-wide to give the children every opportunity. When the school was remodeled, everyone worked together to make sure that each teacher would end up with the optimal teaching child centered environment possible. Teachers there feel themselves to be a part of a family and are sad to leave knowing this type of work environment is rare; and yes, the staff does send their own to this school. The staff was even very helpful in helping me find a middle school that really fit my kids. Of course the proof is in the pudding. My son and daughter both left Beers scoring advanced or proficient in math, reading and writing. Also, when my son was tested at middle school, he passed the 12th grade level on the placement test.

I as a parent really care about education and feel that this schools doing more than educating our children... Most people say that the schools are really bad east of the River, but this is not true, Beers ES is the best Hidden Gem in SE DC. I am loving the academics and staff at the school and hope that all children can be educated and nurtured in the same manner.

I think the school is wonderful with an administration that Rocks! It has a diverse student body with general and SPED children. But the teachers handle it pretty well. I can see how it can be challenging but a very nice school to feel good about.

A DC STEM gem! Principal Payton is a veteran educator with a vision and a mission. Through her leadership, Beers has soared. Teacher turnover is low....practically non-existent and with a newly modernized building, Beers is truly headed in the right direction. Due to its success over recent years, there is a greater interest from Hillcrest families and others in the community, which will definitely attract even more high quality, high performing students. The biggest issue at Beers is the lack of parental involvement but that too is turning around. Get in while you can!

This school is great! great! great!!!! cANT WAIT FOR MY DAUGHTER TO ATTEND THIS YEAR!!!

1 word that will sum up everthing you would look for when choosing the right school for your child... AWSOME! Teacher.... AWSOME, Principal.... AWSOME, leaning/overall testing..... AWSOME! There are very few schools in this particular school district that will provide the highest quality education for your child, and Anne Beers ranks best. At the end of the day.... numbers don't lie, check their resume.

My child is not a student here as of yet, but I pray he gets in. He has attended during the summer and I love the school. There is a pleasant atmosphere, the children and staff from Beers are respectable and well mannered.

I am really loving my children School. The staff is awesome and always professional, the teachers are very resourceful and the principal has the best interest for the children. She is the best.. Not to mention there were 2 teacher of the years from Beers ES one 3rd grade and one 5th grade teacher. Beers is the best hidden Gem East of the River...

In the 3 years that my child has attended Anne Beers, I have found the principle and staff to be very accomodating, responsive and caring to my child and my needs. A large percentage of the parents are hands on and interactive the with the teachers to assist with their child's learning process. I 've had not problem with the Principle nor the teachers returining my phone calls. Overall having my child at Anne Beers give me a since of comfort knowning that she will be looked after physcally and educationally

Last modified Beers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.