Washington, DC

Posted May 25, 2014
I have a boy and a girl at Beers since preschool, and every teacher has been a joy to watch in the classroom. Even when I wasn't sure of their methodology, in the end at almost every turn, I could see that what they were doing was correct. Even the few problems that I have encountered there have been solved with administration, staff and families working cooperatively and creatively together. The school is also proactive. They work with community city-wide to give the children every opportunity. When the school was remodeled, everyone worked together to make sure that each teacher would end up with the optimal teaching child centered environment possible. Teachers there feel themselves to be a part of a family and are sad to leave knowing this type of work environment is rare; and yes, the staff does send their own to this school. The staff was even very helpful in helping me find a middle school that really fit my kids. Of course the proof is in the pudding. My son and daughter both left Beers scoring advanced or proficient in math, reading and writing. Also, when my son was tested at middle school, he passed the 12th grade level on the placement test.

Posted October 22, 2013
I as a parent really care about education and feel that this schools doing more than educating our children... Most people say that the schools are really bad east of the River, but this is not true, Beers ES is the best Hidden Gem in SE DC. I am loving the academics and staff at the school and hope that all children can be educated and nurtured in the same manner.

Posted September 04, 2013
A DC STEM gem! Principal Payton is a veteran educator with a vision and a mission. Through her leadership, Beers has soared. Teacher turnover is low....practically non-existent and with a newly modernized building, Beers is truly headed in the right direction. Due to its success over recent years, there is a greater interest from Hillcrest families and others in the community, which will definitely attract even more high quality, high performing students. The biggest issue at Beers is the lack of parental involvement but that too is turning around. Get in while you can!

Posted August 22, 2013
This school is great! great! great!!!! cANT WAIT FOR MY DAUGHTER TO ATTEND THIS YEAR!!!

Posted June 17, 2013
1 word that will sum up everthing you would look for when choosing the right school for your child... AWSOME! Teacher.... AWSOME, Principal.... AWSOME, leaning/overall testing..... AWSOME! There are very few schools in this particular school district that will provide the highest quality education for your child, and Anne Beers ranks best. At the end of the day.... numbers don't lie, check their resume.

Posted February 16, 2013
My child is not a student here as of yet, but I pray he gets in. He has attended during the summer and I love the school. There is a pleasant atmosphere, the children and staff from Beers are respectable and well mannered.

Posted February 14, 2013
I am really loving my children School. The staff is awesome and always professional, the teachers are very resourceful and the principal has the best interest for the children. She is the best.. Not to mention there were 2 teacher of the years from Beers ES one 3rd grade and one 5th grade teacher. Beers is the best hidden Gem East of the River...

Beers Elementary School 4

Posted July 21, 2010
In the 3 years that my child has attended Anne Beers, I have found the principle and staff to be very accomodating, responsive and caring to my child and my needs. A large percentage of the parents are hands on and interactive the with the teachers to assist with their child's learning process. I 've had not problem with the Principle nor the teachers returining my phone calls. Overall having my child at Anne Beers give me a since of comfort knowning that she will be looked after physcally and educationally

Beers Elementary School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Beers has the NASA Program, it is a STEM School, they are a SAM school,how great is that! The teachers really care and work hard to make sure that the children get it. The best part is that many of the staff have had their own children at Beers, what a testiment. They have a great principal finally.

Posted April 09, 2008

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Beers Elementary School
3600 Alabama Avenue Southeast, Washington, DC  20019
Last modified Beers Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beers Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top