Anderson Island, WA

Posted February 24, 2010
We are very happy with the small school. Our daughter has lots of friends and feels everyone likes her. This is such a better experience than she had at her old school.

Posted January 27, 2010
As a parent of a Kindergartner at this school I give it high marks. My child has learned to read by mid year, alphabetize and add. The current K-2 teacher is the best the school has had in the past 15 years. Staff is helpful & dedicated & administrator is doing a good job.

Posted January 26, 2010
We are pleased with the positive programs being implemented this year. The principal and staff care about my child's attitude and feelings, not just grades. I can really see a positive change in the school and children this year.

Posted March 20, 2007
We saw dramatic improvements enough to re-enroll after an ugly K-1. With only two teachers for 6 years (K-2 & 3-5) - parent/staff differences are exacerbated. District oversight and teacher accountability has been spotty. At the district level, former Asst. Sup. Paul Ganalon was the only person we trusted and found effective. Community and parent involvement are great. Overall, there is a genuine desire to put kids first and work together. Classrooms are multiage, so students work independently and classroom aides and volunteers are invaluable. For 3-5, the math program is probably weakest. With an atmosphere where kids shared openly what they appreciate about each other; disrespect and bullying are never tolerated. I could comment on the past K-2 class, but choose not to Expect to get involved and prepare to keep the district accountable for oversight and funding.

Anderson Island Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2007
My child attends AIE and has been suffering terribly due to the abusive and controlling nature of the teachers/staff. There is a serious lack of communication overall and parents are definitely not welcome. Be warned - over half of the comments on this forum have been made by the staff of AIE. Small class size means nothing if your child is spending their time with their head down on the desk crying. I'm pulling my child asap.

Anderson Island Elementary School 1

Posted January 04, 2007

Anderson Island Elementary School 2

Posted January 04, 2007

Posted December 31, 2006
Our boys were in Mrs. Wilson's class for three years. I had the opportunity to be a Para-educator at Anderson Island Elementary during those five years. I can tell you it was the best experience of my life working with Mrs. Wilson. With Mrs.Wilson and the other staff members we created the most incredible creative learning environment. Our boys are now in 6th and 8th grade and know what accountability means. This is one of the great gifts she has given to me and to my children. Terri Bruggeman

Posted December 30, 2006
Both of my boys attended Anderson Island Elementary. Since their earlier-grades teacher is now retired, I limit my comments to their 3rd-5th grade teacher. Mrs. Wilson is dedicated to her students, incredibly creative in her teaching methods, and creates a loving, safe, and fun atmosphere. Both of my boys loved school, missed it during breaks, and still think of Mrs. Wilson as a hero. They both now attend a large public school and began there very well prepared in all academic areas and have been very successful because of it, in great part due to Mrs. Wilson's caring guidance and insistence on accountability. I only wish that I had had her for a teacher.

Posted December 12, 2006

Anderson Island Elementary School
13005 Camus Rd, Anderson Island, WA  98303
Last modified Anderson Island Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anderson Island Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top