Highland Christian Schools

Private | K-12 | 128 students

Living in Arlington

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $212,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,020.

Sweep tile

Posted July 7, 2013

Truly, other then the students that go here, there is very little endearing about this school. VERY self serving leadership that is running the school into the ground........

Posted June 2, 2012

I do think this is a great school. Students that are very friendly and teachers are very nice and will work with you if you need extra help. The leadership and the administration however is not a well organized or working part of the school. They don't follow the rules in the rule book and are sometimes biased against some students. They also have an unqualified lead teacher with only a high school education doing teacher evaluations and teachers with P.H.D.'s and teacher certificates who isn't even qualified to teach herself. The board knows next to nothing about what goes on inside the school on a daily basis and the leadership is making decisions without even telling the board. If this school wants to have students that are happy to go to this school then the administration needs to start acting like one.

Posted December 23, 2011

Highland is AWESOME! Its my first year here at HCS and I couldn't ask for anything better! The teachers are amazing and completely dedicated to making sure we have the right tools to suceed. We all get individual attention and help when needed. They'll never push us to learn something else if we don't understand. The teachers really care! For the first time I'm excited to wake up for school each morning and learn!

Posted December 8, 2011

This School and others of this kind are greatly needed! We need to protect our heritage.

Posted September 1, 2011

HCS is a great school, it has changed my son life. It has turned him into a leader, instead of a follower. As a parent, I have seen this school change a lot through the years. The focus has dramtically changed towards education through Christian behavior and principles. The fruits of my child has been the proof of a good solid education through Christian priniciples.

Posted July 9, 2011

I am a parent of a Student at Highland and i could not be more pleased with the quality of Teachers and Staff taht they have there. It is very nice knowing that if my student is strugggling that the teachers will take the time to work with her during school, after school or before school. What an amazing group there.

Posted June 22, 2011

WOW! Before I decided to post this review, there were three postings, all within two days of each other this year...very strange as well as suspicious. I had my child at Highland Christian for five years, the first 2 and a half were fine, the older teachers were marvelous! Then suddenly, that all changed, those teachers were forced to leave yet I still kept my child at Highland! Dumb mistake on my part! I should have pulled my child out sooner than I did. The academics went downhill especially in the elementary level. When I pulled my child out of Highland and was in public school the following school year, my child was BEHIND all the other students in their grade. Spending thousands of dollars for private education at Highland Christian was a waste of $. They also kept asking us parents for more and more money on top of what we paid, it just wasn't enough for them, they kept wanting more!! You can only drain one's bank account for so long. I had enough of it!! My child is excelling in public school, they provide extra help/tutoring after school, if needed. I am very pleased with the caring attitude of the teachers.

Posted May 27, 2011

While visiting the school to set up for a flag show I met two of the nicest young students. They were both eager and respectful while helping us to bring in the flags and stands. They were both so polite and expressed their happiness at being a student at the school. I also had the privelage of meeting with a staff member who was so kind and helpful. It was really a pleasure to visit Highland Christian school and I would recommend it to anyone considering a new school. Madelaine Fleet

Posted May 26, 2011

THIS IS THE BEST SCHOOL TO HAVE MORE 1 ON 1 LEARNING, A CHRISTIAN ENVIRONMENT, A PLACE FOR THE STUDENTS TO GET TO KNOW EACHOTHER AND BE THEMSELVES BECAUSE COMING OUT OF PUBLIC SCHOOL( LIKE ME) INTO THIS REALM HAS BEEN A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR ME AND I LEARNED THAT IF I PRAY AND ASK GOD TO HELP AND IF I PUT MY MIND TO IT I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME. THE TEACHERS ARE VERY SPIRITUAL HERE, I LOVE THEM!! ((= WE HAV E AN AWESOME PRINCIPAL(ADMINISTRATOR) @TANA LITWIN, AND GREAT PASTOR AT OUR SCHOOL @PASTOR STEVE ALONG WITH ALL THE GREAT TEACHERS HERE. (TOO LONG TO NAME OFF) WE ALSO HAVE A GREAT DRAMA(ACTING) PROGRAM, 3 MUSIC PROGRAMS 1. CHAPEL 2. CHOIR CLASS WITH MR. HUNT 3. GUITAR CLASS WITH MR. CHAMBERLAIN, LIFESKILLS CLASS WITH MRS. LITWIN, GREEK CLASS WITH PASTOR STEVE, SPANISH CLASS WITH MRS. ORTIZ, MATH WITH MRS. SCHWEIZER, SCIENCE(OF ALL KINDS) WITH MR. CHAMBERLAIN AND ALSO MRS. SCHULTZ, ETC..... CASE IN POINT THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL AND ANYBODY WHO GETS A CHANCE SHOULD COME.!!! GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY/EVENING.

Posted September 23, 2010

I have had a student at HCS for 7 years and am pleased with the education received. More importantly I have been impressed with the spirit of love and compassion demonstrated by teachers, students and other parents. The environment at the school is one of acceptance and respect for one another. Nothing like a public school!

Posted March 22, 2010

We have been involved with HCS for over 5 years. This school was the best educational and spiritual decision we could have made for our son. The worship during chapel and spiritual influence were very much part of campus life. The teachers were excellent and they cared about the kids. Athletics and the other activities help create a well rounded experience. HCS help to provide a solid spiritual and educational foundation for his future.

Posted August 28, 2009

I think this is an amazing school. I have been going to it for 2 years and it has been the best school I have ever gone to. And I completely disagree with the people who say it is a secular school. We have Bible class every day, and if you get in trouble with the principal, we pray about it. This is the best school to send you child to if you are a Christian.

Posted December 17, 2008

This school is amazing, the teachers come along side the students and they really want to help you learn at your level. The teachers are great Christain examples and we all respect them very much. They are fun too! I love Highland Christain Schools.

Posted November 4, 2008

I agree with 1st post challenging the students is not what you are going to get at HCS.It's definately not a Christain environment & is very secular which is very sad. Which is proven by the majority of the fruit of the lives of 90% of the students . If you are looking for a 'Christain School' I would highly reccomend not to put your kids at HCS.

Posted September 4, 2008

This school claims to be college prep, but I have seen no effort from the school to challenge its students. The staff also makes what is supposed to be a 'Christian environment' into a somewhat of a secular feel. I would not recommend this school.

Posted March 21, 2008

Students are Highland care about each other. There is an after-school math/tutoring club daily which is offered free for students are any grade level. Experienced credentialed teachers are passionate about their relationship with Christ. The Advantage Program offers small group instruction for grades 6-8.
—Submitted by a teacher

College readiness and student pathways

Percentage of students going to 2-year college 50% (2012)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 25% (2012)
Percentage of students going to vocational programs 15% (2012)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 10% (2012)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Western Washington University
University of Washington
Washington State University
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Arts & music

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 2:55 pm
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
  • Direct instruction
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

Performing arts
  • Drama
  • Poetry

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Volunteer in the classroom