Arlington, WA

Highland Christian Schools 1

Posted July 07, 2013
Truly, other then the students that go here, there is very little endearing about this school. VERY self serving leadership that is running the school into the ground........

Highland Christian Schools 2

Posted June 02, 2012
I do think this is a great school. Students that are very friendly and teachers are very nice and will work with you if you need extra help. The leadership and the administration however is not a well organized or working part of the school. They don't follow the rules in the rule book and are sometimes biased against some students. They also have an unqualified lead teacher with only a high school education doing teacher evaluations and teachers with P.H.D.'s and teacher certificates who isn't even qualified to teach herself. The board knows next to nothing about what goes on inside the school on a daily basis and the leadership is making decisions without even telling the board. If this school wants to have students that are happy to go to this school then the administration needs to start acting like one.

Posted December 23, 2011
Highland is AWESOME! Its my first year here at HCS and I couldn't ask for anything better! The teachers are amazing and completely dedicated to making sure we have the right tools to suceed. We all get individual attention and help when needed. They'll never push us to learn something else if we don't understand. The teachers really care! For the first time I'm excited to wake up for school each morning and learn!

Posted December 08, 2011
This School and others of this kind are greatly needed! We need to protect our heritage.

Posted September 01, 2011
HCS is a great school, it has changed my son life. It has turned him into a leader, instead of a follower. As a parent, I have seen this school change a lot through the years. The focus has dramtically changed towards education through Christian behavior and principles. The fruits of my child has been the proof of a good solid education through Christian priniciples.

Highland Christian Schools 4

Posted July 09, 2011
I am a parent of a Student at Highland and i could not be more pleased with the quality of Teachers and Staff taht they have there. It is very nice knowing that if my student is strugggling that the teachers will take the time to work with her during school, after school or before school. What an amazing group there.

Highland Christian Schools 1

Posted June 22, 2011
WOW! Before I decided to post this review, there were three postings, all within two days of each other this year...very strange as well as suspicious. I had my child at Highland Christian for five years, the first 2 and a half were fine, the older teachers were marvelous! Then suddenly, that all changed, those teachers were forced to leave yet I still kept my child at Highland! Dumb mistake on my part! I should have pulled my child out sooner than I did. The academics went downhill especially in the elementary level. When I pulled my child out of Highland and was in public school the following school year, my child was BEHIND all the other students in their grade. Spending thousands of dollars for private education at Highland Christian was a waste of $. They also kept asking us parents for more and more money on top of what we paid, it just wasn't enough for them, they kept wanting more!! You can only drain one's bank account for so long. I had enough of it!! My child is excelling in public school, they provide extra help/tutoring after school, if needed. I am very pleased with the caring attitude of the teachers.

Posted May 27, 2011
While visiting the school to set up for a flag show I met two of the nicest young students. They were both eager and respectful while helping us to bring in the flags and stands. They were both so polite and expressed their happiness at being a student at the school. I also had the privelage of meeting with a staff member who was so kind and helpful. It was really a pleasure to visit Highland Christian school and I would recommend it to anyone considering a new school. Madelaine Fleet

Posted May 26, 2011
THIS IS THE BEST SCHOOL TO HAVE MORE 1 ON 1 LEARNING, A CHRISTIAN ENVIRONMENT, A PLACE FOR THE STUDENTS TO GET TO KNOW EACHOTHER AND BE THEMSELVES BECAUSE COMING OUT OF PUBLIC SCHOOL( LIKE ME) INTO THIS REALM HAS BEEN A GREAT EXPERIENCE FOR ME AND I LEARNED THAT IF I PRAY AND ASK GOD TO HELP AND IF I PUT MY MIND TO IT I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME. THE TEACHERS ARE VERY SPIRITUAL HERE, I LOVE THEM!! ((= WE HAV E AN AWESOME PRINCIPAL(ADMINISTRATOR) @TANA LITWIN, AND GREAT PASTOR AT OUR SCHOOL @PASTOR STEVE ALONG WITH ALL THE GREAT TEACHERS HERE. (TOO LONG TO NAME OFF) WE ALSO HAVE A GREAT DRAMA(ACTING) PROGRAM, 3 MUSIC PROGRAMS 1. CHAPEL 2. CHOIR CLASS WITH MR. HUNT 3. GUITAR CLASS WITH MR. CHAMBERLAIN, LIFESKILLS CLASS WITH MRS. LITWIN, GREEK CLASS WITH PASTOR STEVE, SPANISH CLASS WITH MRS. ORTIZ, MATH WITH MRS. SCHWEIZER, SCIENCE(OF ALL KINDS) WITH MR. CHAMBERLAIN AND ALSO MRS. SCHULTZ, ETC..... CASE IN POINT THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL AND ANYBODY WHO GETS A CHANCE SHOULD COME.!!! GOD BLESS YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY/EVENING.

Highland Christian Schools 4

Posted September 23, 2010
I have had a student at HCS for 7 years and am pleased with the education received. More importantly I have been impressed with the spirit of love and compassion demonstrated by teachers, students and other parents. The environment at the school is one of acceptance and respect for one another. Nothing like a public school!

Highland Christian Schools
135 S. French Ave. NE, Arlington, WA  98223
Last modified Highland Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Highland Christian Schools Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top