Posted October 28, 2012
English Crossing has poor leadership. The school is not parent or child friendly. Teachers are punitive and do not have the tools to deal with issues that today's students are faced with.

Posted July 05, 2011
Instead of spending the limited Lakewood School District resources retro-fitting the elementary schools (altering grade levels at 2 of the 3 elementary schools to resolve test score inequality) these funds would be better spent on textbooks, curriculum, PE Equipment, band instruments, etc. Disappointing and a huge waste of staff energy and school funds.

Posted December 26, 2010
I'm a student here in 2010 - 2011 My time so far has been very fun, educational, and entertaining. My friend's I've made are very kind, the teachers I've been taught by have been caring at my education, and the events have been exciting. If someone is reading this and is going to enroll there kids, I think you've done a good thing. The homework is hard, but makes you think and makes you learn. This is coming from a 5th grader, but I have done the 4th grade homework and it is fun and educational also. I had gone to a different school in 3rd grade. My Principal very kind, strict on school rules, and host great plus fun events for the students and parents. I have loved my time here and hope that if your child is going to enroll or is already in this school will love it as much as I did.

English Crossing Elementary School 0

Posted May 21, 2010
The school is very personal not just THERE if you ask you get and awnser and they HELP not hurt

Posted August 27, 2009
Principal is very personable. All teachers I have dealt with show great care in student learning and welcome parent volunteers. Office staff is very friendly and helpful. I feel my child is taken care of at this school when I am not with her. A+ Keep up the great work!

Posted May 27, 2009
Teachers are fair and focused on standards. Student needs are put first. Teachers are willing to meet outside their contracted hours for conferences, etc. The P.E. program is outstanding. The principal communicates well with parents and is very personable. I feel like my children have been given every opportunity to succeed.

English Crossing Elementary School 3

Posted January 07, 2008
Teachers are doing what they can with the resources available to them. Parent involvement is low, student achievement is not supported well at home. Large transient community being served.

Posted April 14, 2005

Posted February 14, 2005
Definitely out dated. Kids needs are last. Teachers come first. Working with parents is not a goal. protecting teachers is. Instead of updating their services, they deny needs. Play games and send people in circles to avoid services. Too many kids are being pushed throught o serve the ones who go with the flow. Academically my kids have gone to different schools and found their isn't a focus on teaching. The teachers are giving information, not teaching. Kids who are well behaved with no needs manage to slide through.

Posted February 05, 2004
They need to teach in the present. A lot of the methods are out dated and the staff is backwards. It seem like 1990 here. I don't think the children are getting the best education here. Lack of communication and good teachers are to blame.

English Crossing Elementary School
16728 16th Dr N.E., Arlington, WA  98223
Last modified English Crossing Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
English Crossing Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top