Bad
Good

The most amazing school my daughter attended her k-8 years. We moved a little and she was in a couple different elementary schools and 1 middle school. CC by far was a close knit family school with higher learning that was tailor made for the students! Parent involvement was incredible! The staff was 2nd to none! We couldn't have asked for better!!!

My son was bullied this entire school year by multiple students. At one time choked around is neck from behind which i know learned the student never suspended. I have had multiple conferences with the angie ellenbecker the principle as well as weekly phone conversations with the school counselor. The last 3 month's escalated to racial comments abouty son's ethnic background. Bullying goes unpunished and has changed my childs personalaiity and charactor. I withdrew my son from xolumbia crest elementary 9 days before summer vacation because the bullying was constant at as well as the school bus. I've lived in some of most violent and racist areas of this nation as well as parts of the world. I have absolutely no respect for parents or students at ccs or surrounding area. My son and 2 other students are all white students they are of different ethnic backgrounds and they play together cause noone else will. They are bullied together. The day before i removed him from CCS principal angie ellenbecked stop my son on the hall and asked of was being good because his name came up in a faculty meeting converstation regarding my son's loud voice. He seaks loud but not bad. When i spoke with principal ellenbecker the say before i removed him and discussed all the bullying and how it not only continues but escalates. Everything i said to her about my son being bullied especially about physically bullying him was answered with I AM UNAWARE OF THESE INCIDENTS. She counseled not only my son but the student who choked him in her office the following after incidenr. She spoke with both students together and then claims ny son downplayed the incident. Of course he downplayed the incident when you confronted him with the bully standing shoulder to shoulder. I am writing a letter to the district superindent and whoever i have to to be heard about the bulling and racial bullying. I was born and raised caucasian but i I'm human. What my son experienced is racist community. This is elementary school for Pete's sake. They learn this at home. This school and communtiy taught my son what not to be like. MDW

I would like to state that im blessed to have CC one of the best schools teach both my children. I have seen such a difference in my childrens development these last two years they both have amazing teachers who care about their education and really do focus on making sure they are reaching the requirements and goals for their grade level and above.

this school is a blessing and any child who attends is getting the best educational opportunity possible. I fully support this school and love the teachers and staff.

My son is the third generation in our family to attend Columbia Crest School. My husband and I chose this school due to its amazing staff that makes learning fun, which is now enhanced with hands-on STEM principles. Our son brings ideas from school home to re-create what he has learned. The concepts learned, stick with him. Now that's fun learning! The school is set in a tranquil, nature-filled area with Mt. Rainier looming over the playground. It also borders Mt. Rainier National Park headquarters and is about 10 miles from the National Park itself, which creates a unique partnership opportunity. As a student 25 years ago, I made lifelong friendships and received a top-notch education that provided the foundation I needed to excel through college. As a parent, it is reassuring to know that my son has started building the same foundation at Columbia Crest STEM School with a staff that has all my confidence and admiration.

I am so blessed for the education that my daughter is receiving in the Summit program. The teachers and staff at the school are amazing! I love having Mrs. Johnstone as my daughters teacher! I will always support Columbia Crest and be grateful for this institute of learning!

Columbia Crest STEM School is committed to delivering a quality education that focuses on inquiry based learning. What is STEM you ask? STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Columbia Crest has launched STEM this fall and are committed to an ongoing growth as educators. In addition, we will continue to implement STEM into our school. Recently Columbia Crest was named a 2013-2014 STEM Light House School in Washington State! This honor comes with a grant, banner, and plaque. We would love to have your children join us at Columbia Crest STEM School!

This school is amazing on all standards. It just recieved yet another NATIONAL award that only 6, 6 schools get nationwide. To me that says a lot. The teachers care and have a personal investment in the success of these children. When I have ever had an issue, it was addressed with a state of high regard and I was included in the plan to correct the issue. There has not been many issues as this school is ran very well. I have nothing negative to say about CCE. I am sad to hear that yet again it is on the chopping block so that Eatonville School District can save money. To me I would be considering other options with the amount of high regards and how highly awarded this school is.

I am very upset tonight as I have just learned that Columbia Crest Elementary is very likely to close its doors at the end of the 2008-2009 school year. This decision is in no way the staffs choice. Our children, my children go to CC and they recieve the lessons, the guidance, the structure, and the overall attention that is not recieved in many other schools throughout Washington. I moved here almost 10 years ago from Seattle when I decided to have a family. The personal, professional, one on one education that my children receive at CC will not be easily found anywhere else. My daughter enjoys going to school so much that I have to argue with her when she is too sick to go and then listen to her telling me for the next hour that she isn't sick and wants to go to school. Her grades are outstanding.

As a mother of both a kindergartener and a first grader, I could not be more pleased. Both classes that my children have been in are led by exceptional teachers that have kept a very open line of communicaton with both my husband and myself. The entire faculty shows a personal relationship with each individual child, which gives me the piece of mind that neither of my children will be lost in the crowd or that any academic struggles will go unnoticed. Having both of my childern stay home up to kindergarten made the transition an adventure, but the staff at CC has helped make it a positive step.

Last modified Columbia Crest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.