PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Any class will have children at different levels. Rather than slow down the whole class however Mrs Rasmussen has tailored the curriculum for each student so each can have their own pace and accomplishments. And has even encouraged the more advanced students to help the others. I am very impressed.

Develops character: Strongly agree

In addition to fostering teamwork among students, the school does lots in the community, raising money and food drives, Christmas gifts for poor children, visiting local nursing homes.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of my son's teachers have been great, in particular his current teacher Mrs. Rasmussen has worked with him to keep him interested and motivated, tailoring his learning to him while also helping other students. She recognizes that each student learns differently and does a great job of working with them each. Which is possible because of the small classes (his class is about a dozen students)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

There is not a lot of homework, but it is enough to keep the child engaged nightly, and gives us a great opportunity to share with out son what he is learning in school.

My son has been going here for four years now and this school is nothing short of amazing. The small class size and dedicated, caring teaching staff means every child gets the individual attention they need. And even though it is a small school, they have great extracurricular programs, like a robotics team, track team, and soccer. Fabulous school.

I'm very concerned about the frequent faculty changes that have taken place since my child has been enrolled, and we've only been with this school for one year! Some of the classes are understaffed, enrollment seems to be on the decline, and I don't feel that the academics are competitive, especially considering the not-cheap tuition rates. For the sake of my child's friendships, I will stay for one more year, but I am actively looking for another school for my family.

Valley Christian is a wonderful school. I went there when I was young, and now my daughter is attending VCS. She is learning quickly, and I just love to hear her say the memory verses. I have been impressed with the teachers--very responsive to my questions. And they love the kids so much.

I can't say enough good things about our school. Yeah, it costs money to send your kid to private school. But we consider it worth every cent. The teachers and staff are wonderful. The principal, Gloria Butz, is amazing on a personal and a professional level. Grants are used on improving learning and technologies and 100% of the money is reinvested in the children. Smaller class size allows your child one on one time with the teachers. Above all, God is the center of life here and His message is translated loud and clear to the students and their families. We are a perfect fit at this school and we plan to stay for the long haul.

Are you looking for a school that provides academic excellence, teaches positive character development, and is conveniently located? Valley Christian School is the place for you! Valley Christian School offers quality education from a Christain perspective for students 2 years old thorugh eighth grade. The dedicated teachers and caring staff, along with a wonderfully supportive group of committed parents, challenge students to excel academically and grow spiritually so that they may become the leaders of tomorrow. On-Site Child Care Licensed before school and / or after school care for children 2 years old through age 12 is available. Each day is filled with fun, engaging activities as well as outdoor play to keep children active and happy.

Both my boys love their teachers. They are great at finding ways to not only help my boys succeed but excel in school.

Last modified Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8