PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Valley Christian School 3

Posted August 31, 2015
I'm very concerned about the frequent faculty changes that have taken place since my child has been enrolled, and we've only been with this school for one year! Some of the classes are understaffed, enrollment seems to be on the decline, and I don't feel that the academics are competitive, especially considering the not-cheap tuition rates. For the sake of my child's friendships, I will stay for one more year, but I am actively looking for another school for my family.

Posted January 30, 2015
Valley Christian is a wonderful school. I went there when I was young, and now my daughter is attending VCS. She is learning quickly, and I just love to hear her say the memory verses. I have been impressed with the teachers--very responsive to my questions. And they love the kids so much.

Posted January 14, 2015
I can't say enough good things about our school. Yeah, it costs money to send your kid to private school. But we consider it worth every cent. The teachers and staff are wonderful. The principal, Gloria Butz, is amazing on a personal and a professional level. Grants are used on improving learning and technologies and 100% of the money is reinvested in the children. Smaller class size allows your child one on one time with the teachers. Above all, God is the center of life here and His message is translated loud and clear to the students and their families. We are a perfect fit at this school and we plan to stay for the long haul.

Posted August 07, 2014
Are you looking for a school that provides academic excellence, teaches positive character development, and is conveniently located? Valley Christian School is the place for you! Valley Christian School offers quality education from a Christain perspective for students 2 years old thorugh eighth grade. The dedicated teachers and caring staff, along with a wonderfully supportive group of committed parents, challenge students to excel academically and grow spiritually so that they may become the leaders of tomorrow. On-Site Child Care Licensed before school and / or after school care for children 2 years old through age 12 is available. Each day is filled with fun, engaging activities as well as outdoor play to keep children active and happy.

Posted May 01, 2014
Both my boys love their teachers. They are great at finding ways to not only help my boys succeed but excel in school.

Posted April 30, 2014
I love Valley Christian. The teachers are very dedicated and the school is small so the community feeling is wonderful. So glad our children get to be a part of this wonderful Christian institution.

Valley Christian School 2

Posted December 11, 2013
This school was great years ago but has declined quickly. Everyone knows there are teachers that should have left years ago but nothing changes. Families are leaving in huge numbers and nobody seems to care. Bullying problems aren't dealt with and parents that raise concerns are seen as problems. I expected my child to be ahead when we left and went to public school but that wasn't the case. If this school doesn't make changes fast, they will be out of business.

Posted September 29, 2011
Great school! My Son started in Pre-K and is now in 5th grade. We were at a neighborhood BBQ and the Mayor asked him how's school? Which he promtly answered; well actually I love it. I have the best teacher in the school. It was nice over hearing such an honest answer to the question posed to him. I have helped out at school as a parent and must say it is not a burden but a pleasure to work with the teachers and staff.

Posted July 03, 2011
What an incredible blessing this school has been to our family. The teachers are amazing. My son's teacher consistently emails me, calls when my son is home sick and always welcomes me in the classroom. Small class sizes, a positive and caring environment, a Christ-centered education and top notch academics make this school worth every cent and more. My son is excited about school and has learned so much. I am in awe of how Christ has worked in our lives since enrolling in VCS. When I started looking, academics were my first priority. After sitting in on the first grade class, I heard the students pray for one another and, suddenly, a Christ-centered education became the top priority for my search. I was so lucky to find both at this school!

Posted June 27, 2011
Valley Christian has been a huge part of our family's lives for the pat 10 years. Our oldest daughter started in Pre-k and just graduated from 8th grade. She will be going to Mountainview High in the fall and is entering mostly honor classes, due to the high quality of education she has experienced at VCS. She and our other child have wonderful memories of fun teachers, great friends, swimming lessons, 5th grade field trips to Astoria to learn about Lewis and Clark, 5th grade outdoor camp, and Middle School Retreats. She has had a great education with small classes, but has no apprehension about going to a large public school this year. VCS has given her confidence that has etended the classroom. We are looking forward to the new classrooms opening this fall!

Valley Christian School
1312 2nd Street Southeast, Auburn, WA  98002
Last modified Valley Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8