Posted March 07, 2012
The school has excellent teachers in every classroom. The office is a hub of activity at the popular drop-off and pick-up times, but still are very responsive to the needs of the families, the children and the staff. One of the kindergarten teachers is going on Maternity Leave which has some of the parents worried that she won't come back in the fall. We hope she does, but if she doesn't the school will survive and will make sure that a great teacher takes her place--after all the school has been in business for 37 years and has had many fine teachers enter their doors. Many still communicate with the school and attend school reunions. Submitted by Diana Holz - School Owner

Posted March 07, 2012
I believe that GRMS is a fabulous school. The Owner and Directors are constantly attending conferences and workshops around the world to make sure they have the best classroom materials and fresh new ideas to share. If I have ever had concerns with my child's learning or teacher, the Directors have gone in and observed the classroom for me. I have learned that things slip through the cracks in any school. The secret is to communicate effectively and speak your mind to those that can do something about it. The parents are very involved, and they have regular parent/teacher meetings so that concerns can be discussed, as well as current and upcoming news. The academic program is top notch and the owner is wonderful. She is always more than willing to listen to suggestions on how to improve the school.

Green River Montessori School 3

Posted January 12, 2012
I want to rate this school higher. I wanted to love it. This is our 2nd year in the school. The best teacher they have is leaving this spring and not returning. The school is very clean & very bright. The classroom materials are great. But it is not run well. Very disorganized. Office staff nice but things have a way of slipping through the cracks. The playground is not true Montessori. Some teachers (not all) are very gruff with the kids. Kids get sent to the office for discipline, not a montessori approach. I thought it was more of a school setting and it really is more of a daycare setting for the K & under group.It really depends on which teacher you get.

Posted August 06, 2011
This school is so beautiful! I can't believe how clean it is. The learning materials are wonderful and so well planned out. The teachers are caring and professional. I can't say enough good things about this school!!

Posted July 06, 2011
I love this school. The teachers are loving and committed to quality teaching and every child is looked after. The administration is responsive to parent input and you really get the feeling that everyone cares here. I recommend the school to parents who want a nurturing, controlled atmosphere for their young ones.

Posted January 16, 2009
Best school in the Auburn area. The children are kind, helpful and engaged in learning. The staff is welcoming and the parent involvement is very high.

Posted February 23, 2004
My child has learned more since I enrolled him at Green River Montessori,than at the Public School System, they have a great staff and a home like atmosphere.I went recomend there school to anyone.

Green River Montessori School
1003 10th St NE, Auburn, WA  98002
Last modified Green River Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Green River Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top