Sequoyah Middle School 4

Posted November 10, 2014
This is my first year at Sequoyah, although my older brother attended this school all 3 years. We are put into pods and we will be with the same 4 teachers for all 3 years, so get to know them. The teachers are very nice and welcoming and have a sense of humor. The students are nice as well. (maybe some might seem rude but most are kind and respectful) I think the first month I had to get used to everything and everybody. If you are interested in coming to our school, don't be afraid, I was at first but it'll be alright.

Posted October 07, 2014
Great school, great kids it's been a miracle working with them! I had a wonderful time working with them! Sequoyah has wonderful activities to join (art, cross country, leadership, etc)!

Posted August 14, 2014
the only good thing about this school is their snack shack and their lunches. much better than rainier view's, but the teachers are pretty ignorant. there is so much drama that i know some kids who left that school because of the drama that was brought upon them. i was one of them. i was the victim of a fight and the principal put me into the solution room when all i did was try to get the person away from me. what kind of principal is that? i even had a teacher rant about me to her whole class when she found out i was in the solution room. neither of the teachers or students make this school a healthy environment for your child. i do not suggest this school

Posted August 14, 2014

Posted February 23, 2014
This is my first year at Sequoyah. I tried going into it with a positive attitude, but from the beginning it was crazy. Just a week into classes, the school decides to add a 7th period, taking time from core classes for clases such as "Pinterest" and "Reading Club". When I asked the principal about why this was started, she said because some kids can't do after school activities. So how is "Pinterest" going to help them while taking time from core classes? Teachers didn't know much about these classes, including when they were switching sessions. At the end of 1st semester, they had a week where there was NO 7th period and kids just went back to one of their core classes each day. Great planning!! The principal can't seem to communicate to staff nor to parents. Principal lied at the start of school saying that SMS was an IB school; no they are GETTING their IB and will not have it until well after my daughter is out of there. There is no follow through. I am planning on choicing to another school next year. 4 principals <9 years. Good teachers are trying to abandon this ship.

Posted August 15, 2013
I absolutely love this school. The parents down below are very ignorant of their child. Come on parents! Go teach your child to stand up for themselves. Of course all the teachers are different in this school, some care, some dont, some want you to just have fun, the teachers who dont really care is because your student isnt asking for help. Your daughter/son has to go up to that teacher and ask for help, ask questions! I recommend this school to anyone who lives in the area. Trust me all the so called "bullies" have a heart, everyone is very welcoming. To anyone wondering I currently go to this school, I have straight A's, and I am willing to help others.

Sequoyah Middle School 1

Posted June 04, 2013
I couldn't agree more with the last review. I am of strong belief that leadership begins at the top and works down. We are on our 3rd year of having students at this school. The faculty has continued to get worse. This is the first year for the 'absent' principal. We've seen her name on documents but does she really exist?! I have also requested meetings with her--to no avail. Bullying is very much a problem at this school. It is not taken seriously. Children are not reprimanded appropriately. I would NOT recommend this middle school.

Sequoyah Middle School 1

Posted March 08, 2013
This school does not take bullying seriously. Despite no breaks between classes and no lockers the chaotic environment is in the classroom. The teachers cannot control their classrooms, the students can be in compromising situations because action is not taken fast enough and the repercussions for bad students is too lax. I believe the staff tries to do good work but it's not enough. The pod situation forces the children to be with teachers they may not get along with for three years. It also puts them in with the same horrible kids every year. It's a situation that can create severe depression in the kids that are being picked on. God help those who don't speak up and tell their parents that they are being bullied. We have never seen the principal despite requests to do so. The principal is rarely seen by the students and we have overheard school office chatter that she works from home. This cannot continue if the school is going to properly function.

Posted August 22, 2012
This is one of the best middle schools in Federal Way School District. It has a unique environment as there are no lockers and no breaks between classes. Essentially lowering the risk of bad behavior and skipping classes. There are 6 pods (large rooms) with smaller individual classes (by subject) inside. Two pods for each grade. The pods rotate, so you stay with the same pod for 3 years. Lunchtime and PE are the only social times, I believe this allows less opportunity for bullying.

Posted April 11, 2012
I don't know what that last person is talking about. My daughter goes there and it's a great school. We love that the kids get to stay with the same group of teachers and advisor the whole 3 years. I never hear of any real fights or bullying. It's all really what your child puts into their time there and what study habits they have. You can be a good student anywhere, if you try,

Sequoyah Middle School
3425 South 360th St, Auburn, WA  98001
Last modified Sequoyah Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sequoyah Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top