Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Disorganized administration. Overt problems with dissapline. Teachers are doing their best, but there is no support for them to help the kids achieve success.

Develops character: Neutral

As it is right now, I am not sure if this school is doing a good job developing the positive characteristics we all associate with successful, hardworking, people.

This is my first year at Sequoyah, although my older brother attended this school all 3 years. We are put into pods and we will be with the same 4 teachers for all 3 years, so get to know them. The teachers are very nice and welcoming and have a sense of humor. The students are nice as well. (maybe some might seem rude but most are kind and respectful) I think the first month I had to get used to everything and everybody. If you are interested in coming to our school, don't be afraid, I was at first but it'll be alright.

Great school, great kids it's been a miracle working with them! I had a wonderful time working with them! Sequoyah has wonderful activities to join (art, cross country, leadership, etc)!

the only good thing about this school is their snack shack and their lunches. much better than rainier view's, but the teachers are pretty ignorant. there is so much drama that i know some kids who left that school because of the drama that was brought upon them. i was one of them. i was the victim of a fight and the principal put me into the solution room when all i did was try to get the person away from me. what kind of principal is that? i even had a teacher rant about me to her whole class when she found out i was in the solution room. neither of the teachers or students make this school a healthy environment for your child. i do not suggest this school

This is my first year at Sequoyah. I tried going into it with a positive attitude, but from the beginning it was crazy. Just a week into classes, the school decides to add a 7th period, taking time from core classes for clases such as "Pinterest" and "Reading Club". When I asked the principal about why this was started, she said because some kids can't do after school activities. So how is "Pinterest" going to help them while taking time from core classes? Teachers didn't know much about these classes, including when they were switching sessions. At the end of 1st semester, they had a week where there was NO 7th period and kids just went back to one of their core classes each day. Great planning!! The principal can't seem to communicate to staff nor to parents. Principal lied at the start of school saying that SMS was an IB school; no they are GETTING their IB and will not have it until well after my daughter is out of there. There is no follow through. I am planning on choicing to another school next year. 4 principals <9 years. Good teachers are trying to abandon this ship.

I absolutely love this school. The parents down below are very ignorant of their child. Come on parents! Go teach your child to stand up for themselves. Of course all the teachers are different in this school, some care, some dont, some want you to just have fun, the teachers who dont really care is because your student isnt asking for help. Your daughter/son has to go up to that teacher and ask for help, ask questions! I recommend this school to anyone who lives in the area. Trust me all the so called "bullies" have a heart, everyone is very welcoming. To anyone wondering I currently go to this school, I have straight A's, and I am willing to help others.

I couldn't agree more with the last review. I am of strong belief that leadership begins at the top and works down. We are on our 3rd year of having students at this school. The faculty has continued to get worse. This is the first year for the 'absent' principal. We've seen her name on documents but does she really exist?! I have also requested meetings with her--to no avail. Bullying is very much a problem at this school. It is not taken seriously. Children are not reprimanded appropriately. I would NOT recommend this middle school.

This school does not take bullying seriously. Despite no breaks between classes and no lockers the chaotic environment is in the classroom. The teachers cannot control their classrooms, the students can be in compromising situations because action is not taken fast enough and the repercussions for bad students is too lax. I believe the staff tries to do good work but it's not enough. The pod situation forces the children to be with teachers they may not get along with for three years. It also puts them in with the same horrible kids every year. It's a situation that can create severe depression in the kids that are being picked on. God help those who don't speak up and tell their parents that they are being bullied. We have never seen the principal despite requests to do so. The principal is rarely seen by the students and we have overheard school office chatter that she works from home. This cannot continue if the school is going to properly function.

Last modified Sequoyah Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.