Kilo Middle School 4

Posted October 22, 2014
It is painfully clear that several reviews here were written by the same individual, a dis-service to this site. this site. I could understand if someone posted a new review every year (if opinions changed over time), but three of those reviews were posted in the same month by the same person. Second, many of the reviews here paint all Kilo teachers with the same jaded brush. This is not fair to the dedicated, hardworking teachers I know at Kilo. I actually attended Kilo as a youth and my child attends Kilo now. My personal experience at Kilo was off-the-charts positive. Some of my teachers are still there today and I have nothing but good to say about them. Ms. Owsley is fantastic. And you would be hard-pressed to find a better teacher than Anthony Haver. These are just two examples. My several interactions with new teachers were positive. Even without knowing them well yet, it s clear that educators like Jeremy Bort are doing some things very, very right. I look forward to getting to know more teachers; if my impressions change over time, I will be sure to post another review to help others. But look for it in a year (not two more reviews from me this month!).

Posted June 15, 2014
Really less star. Terrible experience, waste of a precious period of life. Out of control most of the time. Hostile teachers (not all thankfully, but most). 2 Special ed teachers are very passive aggressively MEAN! Resource room on 2nd floor sped teacher has serious hidden agendas and I think she detests all students. she refuses to work with them and parents, talks about them in vicious ways, is obsessed with no students being in her classroom and more. Does she know this is a school??!! I don't know how they get away with it. Lots of griping from teachers that students can hear, and other inappropriateness. These teachers get summers off PLUS additional paid vacation time on top of all the other days off and still gripe, still do very little, still scream at kids. Anywhere else should be better.

Posted June 07, 2014
Stay far, far away! Terrible bullying exists and from teachers! Little clicks among teachers acting like middle-schoolers themselves. Special Ed teachers do as little as possible and enable students by blatantly giving them answers on state exams, desiring only to look good with those scores. They gossip about students and parents. They are also mean and egotistical and supposed to teach social skills!? Art teacher destroys all creativity for life. Sadly, I feel scarred and I am an adult who worked here! I tried to address as much as I could but the meanness here is too much. Please do not let your child attend.

Posted June 24, 2013
Do not send your child to this school. There are MAYBE 5 teachers here that care about the students. Everywhere you go in the school there is bullying, and the teachers see it and don't do a single thing about it. I had to spend 3 years of my life at this school that I consider a waste. I regret choosing to go here just because my friends did.

Posted October 23, 2012
I don't like this school too. My son has completed elementary school with A grades. He has never had problems with classes, homework or projects. And he didn't have any problems with health. Now, it is second month in middle school and we get problems one by one: strep troat, emergency room, problems with phisical education and math. Teachers don't want meet face-to-face to discuss any issues that come up, but only by phone. They are not really supportive. So I am going to take my son from this school and do homeschooling.

Posted August 22, 2012
I'm very disappointed with this school. I hope the fact that there is going to be a new principal this year will make a difference. I am pulling my child from this school and she will be attending a different school in the area. My child is very quiet and does not make trouble and because of that she was not getting a proper education. The teachers attention always went to the ones that were being disruptive. She would come home and tell me she wasn't learning anything because a few kids were being rowdy, walking around, interrupting and not listening to the teacher. So she continued to struggle in this math class and the same teacher taught her for math support! Meanwhile her report cards were coming home below standard. My daughter and I worked hard to overcome her struggle. She finished the year with exceeding or meeting in all her classes. But the funny thing, when she started exceeding - she stopped bringing homework. She was told she was doing well enough! My daughter could have easily fallen through the cracks here. If you enroll your child to this school, make sure to stay on top of their education. I hope the new principal will develop a functional learning environment.

Kilo Middle School 0

Posted April 08, 2010
Love the page espically kilo middle school nice and vert helpful school espically ms.Lodine the art teacher =) lol

Kilo Middle School 0

Posted October 29, 2008
im a student at kilo and this will be my third year. Ever since i was at kilo, i thought that the pe curriculm was great! the only thing i didn't enjoy was the teachers who were very rude to some students.

Posted May 28, 2008

Posted May 28, 2008

Kilo Middle School
4400 South 308th St, Auburn, WA  98001
Last modified Kilo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kilo Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top