Bad
Good

We have had the best experience with both office staff and teachers. At the time our son was under the par for his reading level 3 years ago. With the help of all of his teachers and reading buddies he's over his standard level. (Thankfully). This is just one of the great things I can say. The teachers make everything FUN. Literally. My son has been doing safety patrol for 2 years now and he does it because he knows at the end of the year he gets to go to wild waves. While he's scarifing his time and sleep (we all know that feeling) he sees reward in helping others. To top it off he doesn't have loads and loads of homework. I mean let's be honest, how much true familytime dies everyone have at the end of the day? Between dinner, showers, and working late not a ton can get done.He previously in a different school and he had over an hour of homework every night that he would have to have help . NOT okay. Plus reading after. On behalf of the Brewster's and our son, THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE and we will DEARLY Miss you ALL!

This school has really been a pleasure to work with. The Principal is amazing and very open-minded. The teachers are doing the best with what they have. Coming from a different state where the schools were completely understaffed, and the only way the children got music, art or science was all parent volunteered based. Sometimes it's hard to see all the resources when you're expecting the districts to provide everything. Parents need to realize it's not the schools responsibility to teach everything to children, parents must be involved in their children's education. This school does many events for raising money and they also take the kids on great field trips. Diversity is so important to show our children, so they learn to accept everyone no matter where they come from. It's one of the many things I love about Valhalla.

The teachers I've had the pleasure of working with (minus the 3-5 grade Gate teacher) have been wonderful. They are very accommodating, helpful, persistent and creative. With what they have to work with (which is not much), they come to work with determination and a friendly smile for the kids. A lot of issues with the way the school handles misbehavior and the lack of discipline is great. If a parent just uses the school for babysitting, this is not the place. You need to be proactive and involved in order to protect your child from hostilities/bullies and for a good education. The school is newer and well kept. Very clean. Could use more computers for the kids to use. Not impressed that they brag about their MANY different languages that they cater to. TEACH my kids and quit "dumbing" them down.

I have two kids at this school, 3rd and Kindergarten. My oldest struggles with school, due to a mental health condition. I have fought tooth and nail to get my son the help that he's intitled to, but it has been useless! Although my youngest is doing well, his teacher is not easy to work with..I always feel like I'm a bother. I plan on finding a school that will support my oldest son's needs next year. I would reccomend this school for a child that is not impaired. If you fit in the box, you'll be fine.

My oldest son is entering 3rd grade, and my youngest kindergarten. We've had great experiences with the staff at Valhalla, they are very dedicated people. I like that the students and staff are united, and share a strong pride in their school. Overall this is a fine school. I'm looking forward to the new Valhalla being completed!

The two teachers I am involved with at the school seem over worked. They have alot of children and don't have alot of organization. I believe they care about the kids but have so much to do they can't do much of anything. Also because there is so much diversity and not all kids are on the same level some of the kids who are not struggling badly get put in the shadows of the children that are struggling, but need a tutor or parents to help.

Last modified Valhalla Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.