Valhalla Elementary School 4

Posted October 23, 2013
This school has really been a pleasure to work with. The Principal is amazing and very open-minded. The teachers are doing the best with what they have. Coming from a different state where the schools were completely understaffed, and the only way the children got music, art or science was all parent volunteered based. Sometimes it's hard to see all the resources when you're expecting the districts to provide everything. Parents need to realize it's not the schools responsibility to teach everything to children, parents must be involved in their children's education. This school does many events for raising money and they also take the kids on great field trips. Diversity is so important to show our children, so they learn to accept everyone no matter where they come from. It's one of the many things I love about Valhalla.

Posted April 30, 2013
The teachers I've had the pleasure of working with (minus the 3-5 grade Gate teacher) have been wonderful. They are very accommodating, helpful, persistent and creative. With what they have to work with (which is not much), they come to work with determination and a friendly smile for the kids. A lot of issues with the way the school handles misbehavior and the lack of discipline is great. If a parent just uses the school for babysitting, this is not the place. You need to be proactive and involved in order to protect your child from hostilities/bullies and for a good education. The school is newer and well kept. Very clean. Could use more computers for the kids to use. Not impressed that they brag about their MANY different languages that they cater to. TEACH my kids and quit "dumbing" them down.

Posted October 09, 2009

Posted January 26, 2009
I have two kids at this school, 3rd and Kindergarten. My oldest struggles with school, due to a mental health condition. I have fought tooth and nail to get my son the help that he's intitled to, but it has been useless! Although my youngest is doing well, his teacher is not easy to work with..I always feel like I'm a bother. I plan on finding a school that will support my oldest son's needs next year. I would reccomend this school for a child that is not impaired. If you fit in the box, you'll be fine.

Valhalla Elementary School 0

Posted August 20, 2008
My oldest son is entering 3rd grade, and my youngest kindergarten. We've had great experiences with the staff at Valhalla, they are very dedicated people. I like that the students and staff are united, and share a strong pride in their school. Overall this is a fine school. I'm looking forward to the new Valhalla being completed!

Valhalla Elementary School 3

Posted February 06, 2008
The two teachers I am involved with at the school seem over worked. They have alot of children and don't have alot of organization. I believe they care about the kids but have so much to do they can't do much of anything. Also because there is so much diversity and not all kids are on the same level some of the kids who are not struggling badly get put in the shadows of the children that are struggling, but need a tutor or parents to help.

Valhalla Elementary School
27847 42nd Av South, Auburn, WA  98001
Last modified Valhalla Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valhalla Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top