Auburn, WA
After care: No

Posted October 24, 2011
I am a graduate of this school and I attended grades 9-12. I graduated early because I attended an optional summer program. It's funny to read the reviews and hear the school has a lingering bad reputation. If you see a group of "trouble makers" using the same path, it's likely to believe that to be "the bad path!" However, what these kids cannot realize is the expelled kids from AHS or RHS will also get expelled from West Auburn if they don't change their attitude! For sensitive kids or kids with too much life experience for their age, I highly recommend West Auburn. Perhaps West Auburn doesn't offer advanced classes in chemistry or math, but kids who attend this school will get the one-on-one attention and acknowledgment that builds the needed confidence to move on and fulfill their academic potential. I credit this school for providing me a "way out" and giving me a sense of control of my life direction. Alternative school is not for everyone, but those who are burdened by and not flourishing in classic high school settings will surely benefit. 5 stars to the teachers who sought out this alternative environment and continue to make a difference in our lives! Thank you!!

Posted September 24, 2009

Posted August 10, 2008
West Auburn is the best high school i have ever attended. i previously went to Auburn Riverside and it doesn't even compare to how much i like it here. I have never thought once about going back to riverside. If you are thinking about coming to West Auburn, do it. you will not regret it. The rumors are not true at all. Mostly everybody thinks that West Auburn is a school for bad kids, but it isn't. It's for anybody. EVer since i switched to west, i have done so much better with all my school work. And it became way easier to interact with teachers and the students. Coming to west was the best desicion i've ever made.

Posted October 18, 2006

Posted November 09, 2005
I am a junior here at West Auburn High and I have to say that it is best high schools I have ever attended! The teachers are great, and our principal is awesome! All the staff, and I mean all the staff including teachers, principal, administrative, and even the custodians, take the time to get to know us students. Our school is not a school for students that get in trouble or drop out, it's for everybody. Our school has a bad reputation sometimes, but most all the rumors everyone hears isn't even remarkably close to the truth. Don't judge our school just because we're an alternative school, the school does a great job educating. West Auburn has helped me out so much, and that goes for all my friends that attend WAHS, and at least 80% of the students that attend school there now.

West Auburn Senior High School
401 West Main St, Auburn, WA  98001
Last modified West Auburn Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Auburn Senior High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top