Bad
Good

My children just started at Pioneer this year. The teachers and staff are rude and bully the kids. There is zero parent involvement and no communication about how my child is doing other than being told I will find out at report cards. I will be transferring them after this year and will gladly drive them so they won't have to go to Pioneer.

My daughter loves this school and the staff and so do i. As a parent its great to know that my child is happy and safe. I get regular notification about what is going on within the school and parents are invited to activities. Its such a wonderful campus. Beautiful too.

This school has a great academic program that gives every student to chance to grow and reach their full potential. They have regular testing and notifies parents monthly. I have been in many districts and seen many kids and I feel good about my kids playing with these kids. The school also offers healthy snacks and promotes exercise daily. I do have problems with the school staff. I have reported issues to the office staff to relay to the principle regarding a teacher's inappropriate comments, discipline, and lack of knowledge of the laws regarding bullying; those concerns never reached the principal but did reach the teacher. It is important for all staff to ensure teachers take accountability and be watched if a parent feels a class is being mistreated. This was not the case. Also my 7 year old child was tardy and forced to sweep the grounds by the office staff with out my knowledge. All disciplines and reasons are listed in the handbook and parents are to be notified prior for the option of due process. Proper protocol was not followed nor was the tardiness punishable by on grounds chores. That punishment is 1 step before suspension for serious infractions.

We must all agree education starts in the home, but must also understand the importance of parents and teachers working together as an educational team. What are we willing to do to create those very important links between home and school and break done the barriers that keep our parents out of our school. Parent Involvement is key in the education of our kids.

Last modified Pioneer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.